Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leicester City vs Tottenham Hotspur 7:45pm

• 18-05-2017 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

Leicester-City-vs-Tottenham.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_yhQ-cpJFZDYj7rF7LaNhuePVL-sbFGPKc3hge5HT146RFbsR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Anyone who thinks they can predict this is talking through their hole but why should I break the habit of a lifetime? :p:p:p Spurs have secured second and the only thing left to play for is an outside chance of Kane retaining the Golden Boot and some tiny, miniscule, modicum of revenge for last year. Leicester have hit some form since they shafted Claudio. They would go 9th tonight with a win and could even finish 8th on Sunday which is worth a few bob more than their current 11th position. That would be a respectable result given their early season (self-inflicted) travails. They are also playing at home and I'm sure would get great satisfaction out of beating Spurs again.

Clearly we are the better team but I would worry that they will want it more. I expect us to play them off the park for the first 20 minutes but find it hard to score against their usual 25 man defence. If we make an early breakthrough the heart says 3-1 to us with Kane getting the 2 goals he needs to get back to the top of the scoring charts. My head says the sparkle fizzles out after half an hour and Vardy gets a sneaky late winner.

To be honest, roll on next season, I might just go for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭slegs

I think we will win purely because of the bitterness between both teams from last year. If it was anyone else I think we would not win due to our status as locked in for 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Sissoko starts yippee.
    DAIHTGtUIAA2S5z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Dier playing right back unless Sissoko is doing a stint as a right wing back in a 5. Look at the subs. Forgive my ignorance but who are Lesniak and Shaswhatever?

The team is certainly big enough to complete physically with Leicester. With Eriksen on the bench I now have a new scenario where we batter them to a standstill then Eriksen and Nkoudo come on to create two late goals for Harry.

I think I've covered all possibilities now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Leicester are weak at the back with injuries etc but you just get the feeling they will be party poopers and sucker punch us with a late win.

We have a decent record there in the last few years but overall in head to head clashes they are a bit of a bogey team.

Their draw at whl really bugged me earlier this year... Definitely think it was one result we ended up regretting in the bigger scheme of things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Are we on sky?

Edit. Never mind, got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Some miss from son!

Harry Kane he scores when he likes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd love him to win the golden boot again this year

• Advertisement

Jamie Vardy, he dives when he likes

What a epic team goal 2 nil

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Son has 20 goals now. That is fantastic return. A good few of us wanted him out after last season!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Going to miss watching this quality of football for the next three months. Top class Tottenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great first half,hope we hammer them now.

Unlucky son you had enough time to take a touch

What a performance from a brilliant team with nothing to really play for except pride (not that they can't be immensely proud of their season already). 4 goals, and still going for it.

Janssen on for 10 mins, fill your boots young dutchy

200.webp?response_id=591e01e4ab7e48b9294faf3f#8-grid5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shooting range out there tonight. Fantastic performance, and delighted to stuff them. Would love Kane or Jansen to get another.

DAYUM!

Leicester in ruins!

200.webp?response_id=591e04e6327620a6f8bf3290#0-grid1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Haha, ****ing delighted :D

Delighted!

4 goals from Harry - what a player!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Beautiful,absolutely fcukin beautiful...............coyfs

Absolutely delighted for Kane and the boys! Think he now has 10 pl goals in 6 games against these diving assholes .
    Bogey team my sack lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Lukaku must be getting sick into his popcorn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What a great performance..slick passing. Great midfield....son showing his capabilities....true unsung hero of this season. When harry got injured, he stood up and scored winners. And hasn't got the plaudits he deserved.

Leicester's goal was offside but am not going to give out about that because we were always going to win. Couple of things though:

Our players being linked to "bigger" teams like United: Fcuk that, if it's Real and your trebbling your wages I'd accept it, but if your going from one of the best teams in the country (Spurs) to a legacy team then you're a mercenary and I don't want you....(I only see walker in this category and I love him...was at a party with him and had great craic...but at end of season I worry that his head is turned...hope not but if money is more door is that way
    >)

Bale going to united: we have first option on him and would love him back..,hate to see him go to opposition.

Support: I had a bit of spare time and went right back to July on the off topic thread and to the same time on the transfer gossip thread. It was absolutely fcuking hilarious about the negativity of the team and players....some supporters thinking we would end below mid table, as well as saying eriksen is shocking (player of the year) and Danny rose and Kyle walker don't deserve to be in the second division (both on premier division team of the year).

As all of you know I am the most optimistic supporter in the world. I also never see bad in our players...hence I always predict 4 nil. Saying that, I just hope not only will we win the Champions League next year, we will probably win it by 10 goals in the final ����������

Advertisement