Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

buyitdirect.ie - what are they like?

• 17-05-2017 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    Im about to buy a microwave from buyitdirect.ie.
    Have you any experiences good or bad?There are mixed reviews online.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just looked at their microwaves and they have a right oddball collection there.

My advice: go down to your local Power City/DID/Harvey Norman and buy a Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 crazy_ghost

coylemj wrote: »
    Just looked at their microwaves and they have a right oddball collection there.

My advice: go down to your local Power City/DID/Harvey Norman and buy a Samsung.

Thanks,
    Looking for Hotpoint build in microwave and the price difference in brick shops is nearly 100e.
    Thats why Im considering buying it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WHITEICEABLE

Hi,
    Im about to buy a microwave from buyitdirect.ie.
    Have you any experiences good or bad?There are mixed reviews online.
    Thanks

crazy_ghost did you purchase the microwave? I was considering a tv stand

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fj4400

Bought a Range master style Beko oven from them... EUR 780 including delivery (purchased in last early May 2017) ... doing well to find anything similar in brick n mortar shops for less than EUR 1,200 (except one which has a large single oven - not the spec wanted)... so far... very happy with purchase... delivered in less than 2 weeks ... in terms of dealing with this website... no complaints. Will see if the Beko brand oven holds up its part of the bargain over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sisyphus68

31/7 Ordered cooker - no order confirmation
    11/8 Customer Service form to contact Buyitdirect crashes with error message.
    12/8 Emails x 3 received from Buyitdirect for a VAT number (Joseph Wormald x 2 and Christine Walsh) - replied with the same instruction to charge vat, I've heard nothing back.
    Just spent last 15mins on hold and passed from Sales to CS and then Payments.
    Emailed owner matthewmitchell for resolution or refund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Nasumichna

I bought a laptop few days ago.
    First they sent me mail there was problem with payment, after 2 days they explain the problem and tell me that my order has been canceled.
    After seeing it's now cheaper, I decide I'll buy it anyway only to get a mail that my (canceled) order has been dispatched.
    Then they literally stole 102€ from my card. I emailed them for explanation but they are ignoring me so far.
    For that price I could've bought from Amazon and save myself their nightmare of support. I'm also not sure what to do to get my money back.

In their defence the laptop arrived quickly. Avoid giving them your card details at all cost.

Me too - I also found there's a significant price difference between UK resellers (eg Amazon marketplace) and Irish but the problem is shipping. On looking for couriers, I discovered DeliverMe dot ie which I'm going to try on Monday. A cooker is 50kg so above the limits of most couriers. For small items I normally use Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eleventy6

Was just talking about this on another forum.

Have bought a lot of stuff recently on Amazon.de. Just bought a 75" TV and bracket for €2,200:). Including FREE Delivery to Ireland:).

Cheapest one in Ireland was about €3,200 and £3,400 on Amazon.co.uk, but they will not ship to Ireland. There is also a lot more shippers willing to ship to Ireland for free or cheaper than on Amazon.co.uk

Some good suggestions from others on here also for other eu sites. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057771495

Also started getting my stuff delivered to my local shop with parcel direct. Very handy with their new app. https://www.parceldirect.ie/resources/parceldirect-local

Thanks for the tip. I'll bear that in mind next time I want to buy electronics. I'm surprised - I always thought the UK ecommerce market was super competitive, much more so than any other within the EU. At those prices, it sounds like you could make a living doing arbitrage (wink emoji).
    I must check out parcel direct too. Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eleventy6

Sisyphus68 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip. I'll bear that in mind next time I want to buy electronics. I'm surprised - I always thought the UK ecommerce market was super competitive, much more so than any other within the EU. At those prices, it sounds like you could make a living doing arbitrage (wink emoji).
    I must check out parcel direct too. Thx

Me too. I was very surprised, especially with the cheap shipping, but someone then explained the the German market was massive and DHL etc offer these sellers very very low pricing because the market is so big. Plus they are basically into the whole of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Baroquedujour

I found them great - much better selection and MUCH better prices, I got an air fryer, oven, hob & dishwasher and it only took a week for delivery. V pleasant to deal with and get major thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 collyt

Buy It Direct have the worst service I have ever experienced. So bad that I doubted the company was genuine and thought that I had been conned. They never delivered the TV unit I bought so I called and emailed (hard to get an answer from either). They again failed to deliver the goods so I phoned and emailed looking for a refund.

They then, twice, tried to claim that the goods had been delivered after I had initially asked for a refund. They also want the goods returned to them before a refund is issued but they never actually sent them to me. Still not sure if I have been conned or not. Going to chase the bank for a chargeback instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

collyt wrote: »
    Buy It Direct have the worst service I have ever experienced.

I can see the review you posted on trustpilot. Pity you didn't consult that website before you ordered from that crowd.

As with boards, too many people posting their first post to say that they were scammed or had major problems with delivery when the evidence is all around you if you had only checked first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 collyt

coylemj wrote: »
    I can see the review you posted on trustpilot. Pity you didn't consult that website before you ordered from that crowd.

As with boards, too many people posting their first post to say that they were scammed or had major problems with delivery when the evidence is all around you if you had only checked first.

Seems to be more than 1 buyitdirect on trust pilot or maybe more than one trust pilot website. Reviews on one were great but awful on the other.

Managed to get a refund issued today by complaining directly to their head of customer services. General customer service staff were genuinely the worst I've dealt with and I've dealt with both Eir and Permanent TSB lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cslatts13

I've just gotten on to them because I ordered a bed which was meant to be delivered this week and they literally came back saying " we don't know when it is going to be delivered. If it's not this week it might be in 2 weeks"
    Shockingly bad customer service and no one there is apparently able to contact the delivery company. I'd never use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cslatts13

I have just been told that a bed which i was meant to Jane gotten this week " might be delivered in 2 weeks ". Apparently they use a 3rd party courier company in Ireland who can't give a delivery date and it could be in 28 days... and it's already late. NEVER use this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hello to all the new users who signed up to write for or against the site... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Im in a similar boat with them
    Ordered a chest of drawers with 3 day express delivery om jan 29th.
    Feb 5th, it got to dublin and they have no idea where it is now.
    Absolutely shocking service, they told me it could be 10 working days before it gets to me(which it is today). They should really stop offering delivery to Ireland if they can't support their delivery claims. Customer service are terrible too, with one woman telling me it was a stupid service and she would be annoyed if it was her too, but still fobbed me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Erasured

Did your items ever show up? If so, what courier delivered? I ordered a cooker and fridge freezer and dishwasher on the 7th feb, it arrived in Dublin on the 14th and it’s fallen off the radar ever since! Getting worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Never got my order. After 16 working days I asked for my refund. They wouldnt give it after 17 working days as yhey hadnt gotten the product back.
    One call to my credit card company and had it back same day. Lesson learned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Accidentally

Thanks to everyone for the info. Was about to buy a difficult to get oven from them. After much searching have now found it in a shop. Bit of a drive, but much better than the drama and nonsense of dealing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

Thanks for this info, my credit card company just saved me from myself by blocking my transaction.

I had processed a payment for a new laptop, it even went via the online security check so that gave me more confidence, but then I got that e-mail more have noted above from buydirect.

I came here first but then rang their customer support out of interest and the first person just hung up on me straight away, the second person was clearly very used to asking customers to unblock the accounts!

Note to self - check online reviews before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 annoymos

Bought a tv from Buy It Direct. Tv arrived with the screen cracked. Contacted customer service, requested replacement. Took 2-3 days for each reply to my mails. Ended up having to pay to post the damaged tv myself back to them when they finally sent me the address. 1 month since ordering they sent me a refund for the tv instead of replacement. And they still owe me the money for posting back the tv. Absolutely disgraceful company to deal with. Avoid at all costs.
    By comparison: Went online with Powercity, collected new tv. Took 45 minutes total. Tv now setup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Got a fridge from them lately and it was grand. Not much to damage on a fridge though.

Advertisement