Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

• 16-12-2007 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Alliewags

I have a 16.2 lovely all rounder stabled up in stepaside Dublin 18, He's a real pet, I have recently had a baby so I'm looking for someone to horse share with me. Great facilities, big indoor ,two outdoors and a lovely area for hacking,nice cross country.
    there are two livery lessons a week that you can partake in too.
    Only reply to me if you're seriously interested as I want to get someone asap.
    Price on enquiry- I pay all vet and shoes. You'd need a car to get up there, just to you know! it's a bit of a walk from the nearest bus stop!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Alliewags

I have a lovely quiet 16.3 Grey Gelding Stabled in Stepaside with great facilities, 2 outdoor arenas, large indoor arena, cross country jumping and great roads for hacking, I'm looking for someone with riding experience and that is interested in riding him in return for half the livery charge, 2 lessons a week available for your use and ongoing clinics and shows throughout the year you can participate in. Serious interest only! I'm expecting my second baby so I don;t have a heap of time at the moment! He's lovely and so are the facilities- Please only reply if you're seriously interested-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I am!, PM you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eamo1

Hi alliewags,
    Am very interested, sending a PM now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JustMe1982

Hi

I’m looking to see if there is anyone out there that is looking to share their horse in return for half livery paid?

If you don’t have enough time to commit to riding as often as you would like or just can’t afford full livery at the moment.

I’m an Intermediate rider and just love being around horses. I live Southside and work in Dublin 18. I do drive, so making it to places that don’t have transport is not a problem.

I’m not looking to compete but I am willing to ride as often as needed and take care of stable duties that may be needed etc.

A trial period could be set up to make sure owner, sharer and horse are compatible.

If you want to talk about it email me at <snip> amd i will call or mail you back.
    I dont want to leave my mobile number for just anyone to call if you know what i mean.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sue.g

Hi,

Would be very interested if still available.
    <snip>

Thanks!

Sue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭AngelicRaindrop

where abouts are you? i have a friend looking for a horse to lease or share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kittycat23

Alliewags wrote: »
    I have a lovely quiet 16.3 Grey Gelding Stabled in Stepaside with great facilities, 2 outdoor arenas, large indoor arena, cross country jumping and great roads for hacking, I'm looking for someone with riding experience and that is interested in riding him in return for half the livery charge, 2 lessons a week available for your use and ongoing clinics and shows throughout the year you can participate in. Serious interest only! I'm expecting my second baby so I don;t have a heap of time at the moment! He's lovely and so are the facilities- Please only reply if you're seriously interested-

Hi there
    I am a 28 year old female looking for horse share, I live in Deansgrange so Stepaside is a great location for me. I would love the chance to meet up and discuss the possibility of taking on the horse share if it is still available. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

where abouts are you? i have a friend looking for a horse to lease or share

Did you read the original post?! Stepaside is clearly mentioned.

eth0_ wrote: »
    Did you read the original post?! Stepaside is clearly mentioned.
    Yes I did thank you

but unfortunately I have no idea where stepaside is so I was asking for a general idea of the area for all I know its in the back arse of Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Saphie

Hi there just wondering how you've got on? I'm new to this forum and have a young horse that I have no time to ride. She's at livery and it just doesn't seem fair on either of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Fiddichs

Hi,

I have a 15.3hh gelding that I need help with. I am currently out of action following an accident (not horse related) and not able to ride until April/May.

so if you are a competent rider who is in the Virginia, Cavan area and want to share a horse then get in touch for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bada-bing

I have an approx 16hh mare, currently keep her in the athlone/ballinasloe area. She is 6yrs old, and is a nice quiet mare, with a good jump and a willing temperment.
    I would love to find someone who would like to share her with me.
    I have my own transport, so there would be an opportunity for the right person to compete on her in SJAI or riding club, i have jumped 90cm and 1m classes on her in the past.
    I do not really have any close friends who are in to horses, and i think it would be really nice to go to shows with someone during the summer, the mare would easily go round the course twice!!
    if there is anyone out there who is contemplating getting their own horse and would like a gentle intro like this first, or someone looking to get back into some riding after a break then this could be ideal. she would not be a beginners ride but nor is she difficult. I would also give first option to the sharer should i ever be selling the horse.
    only kind riders please,
    looking foward to a reply..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 greeneyes13

Hi F,

Ill PM you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Fiddichs

Hi,

Adding a bit more detail:
    15.3hh gelding, 8yrs old, great paces and I had started dressage with him. He loves jumping as well and would benefit this year from a few shows.
    Good at hacking out and where he is stabled we have some great roads for hacking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 greeneyes13

Responsible, easy going rider in her 20's. Looking for horse to ride 2/3 days a week. Willing to help with livery and shoes. PM me if you are interested. North Meath area so unfortunately Ashbourne is too far for me to travel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

OK due to alot of threads on the subject we will add a thread for people who wish to horse share only.

WARNING: THERE IS TO BE NO ADVERTISING HORSES WANTED/FOR SALE/LOAN.

Anyone who does will be banned from the forum.

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Looking for a horse or large pony to go hacking out on once in awhile in the Mullingar area (Co. Westmeath). I'm 5'7" roughly 10 stone, been riding in competitions and for leisure for over 14 years. Am 21 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

I've sent you a PM Liah. Rising 5yrs, 15’2h dark bay thoroughbred gelding, to suit dressage rider. Westmeath Area. Extremely good tempered horse, being produced for dressage competitions/showing. Schools well on the flat, hacks well alone and in company. Safe, responsive ride, easy to handle in every way, no vices. Quiet, competent rider essential due to his age. Permanent loan may be considered. Please PM for more details. Winter (recent) P1100927e.jpgP1090410e.jpg
    Summer (tacked up for showing, normally ridden in a snaffle)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 andy2854

hi is any one looking for some one to excercise a horse or horses in the meath area i am 19 and very experienced and i love horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 daniellet

Hi im a 25 year old female from north co. dublin. I've been riding on and off for many years! Unfortunately, I have never been lucky enough to have the time to have my own horse. currently i have a lot more time on my hands and cant wait to get riding again regulary!!!
    :)
    I'm looking for anyone looking for their horse to be excercised, jumped hacked??Ive Excellent experience with all manner of horse and pony .I've a very soft hand and plenty of patience :)
    i'm 5ft 3 10 1/2 stone. love jumping. own transport. Looking forwrad to your replies... thanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Eadaoin_

Is there anyone in the Athenry Area of Galway needs to Share a horse/pony??? I am a 23 year old woman with ten years experience of riding, I have had a small break Due to College. I would contribute to the costs of the horse, i love to hack out and do flat work. please im me if anyone has a horse to share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 goregan

Hi

Im looking for someone to share my horse with. Hes 15.2 cream gelding. He has a good jump and ive been told he could compete at 110cm pretty well. He's a sensible horse with plenty of personality. I would love to get someone interested in sharing the time and financial commitment. I keep in livery in the killegar area. I'd love to hear from you if you're still interested in this arrangement.

G

JustMe1982 wrote: »
    Hi

I’m looking to see if there is anyone out there that is looking to share their horse in return for half livery paid?

If you don’t have enough time to commit to riding as often as you would like or just can’t afford full livery at the moment.

I’m an Intermediate rider and just love being around horses. I live Southside and work in Dublin 18. I do drive, so making it to places that don’t have transport is not a problem.

I’m not looking to compete but I am willing to ride as often as needed and take care of stable duties that may be needed etc.

A trial period could be set up to make sure owner, sharer and horse are compatible.

If you want to talk about it email me at <snip> amd i will call or mail you back.
    I dont want to leave my mobile number for just anyone to call if you know what i mean.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wagtail

I have just bought a 14.2 pony that I am interested to do part share livery with. I am open to many options on the livery split - depending on the frequency you want to ride, the cost would vary -50% costs for 50% share in riding. 30% cost for 30% riding etc

She is a show pony so very refined & a real beauthy. She is not a heavy cob type pony so not suitable for strong or large rider. She is a good allrounder.

The yard I am in is just off junction 15 the M50 (about 0.5 miles) in south dublin so very easy access. They have indoor arena & 2 outdoor arenas as well as fields to trek across. There is also classes if you are interested to do some lessons.

If you are interested please PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

I live just outside Killarney, Co. Kerry. I'm looking for someone who just wants to ride out and who would like to learn. I'm an extremely well-experienced rider and groom<snip>

I have a 16.3hh ISH who has been off for almost 2years due to personal circumstances. However I am bringing him back into work. The only problem is my land has been hit hard this winter and though they were stabled for most of it It's still not very rideable so all that can be done at the moment is road work. He has had amateur dressage training also cross country and show jumping and now needs to be brought back to fitness before training can progress. He has a big scopey carefull jump but needs more experience and he tends to get excited when jumps go up however he's a pure gentleman over a course. He's a big charmer and loves to have fun. Needs an adult rider as kids tend to push too many buttons at once and he never knows what they're asking. Plus they're legs aren't long enough to give him commands. :) I'd also ask for no-one over 13stone he's a big boy but seeing as he'll be working into fitness anyone heavier could weaken his back.

Xeanon_by_Hobbidance.jpg
    My big boy Z :)

I also have a 13.2hh arab/connemara pony. Her parents were show ponies but she's been a begginer trainer all her life :) She is a school master x2 by now and loves the odd bit of excercise especially if it includes a gallop near the end but she's 18yrs old now and I'm thinking of putting her into foal again but she needs to drop a few pounds first and be a bit fitter. All kids capable of riding on their own are welcome as long as they're also willing to muck out and groom :) Also small ladies learning to ride as she's a tough pony and a great teacher :)

KittBaby016.jpg
    Kitt with Neko day after foaling.

With all horses there's no livery fees as they live on my own land but I would like the riders to chip in on shoeing. For them to have proper riding gear, approved hats and proper boots. It's not a come, ride and leave again type of affair either. Horses must be groomed before and after rides, stables mucked, and tack given a wipe after riding. <snip> I'm also planning an arena soon I'm hoping to have it up by the summer.

Please PM me for more details :)

Mod edit: This thread is for horse sharing only, not for advertising learning opportunities

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭bada-bing

Anyone at all know of someone in the midlands area who would like to do a horse share? I got no answers to my last post. I cannot afford to keep my mare in livery on my own, and the land I have rented is flooded... I also do not have time to exercise her as much as I would like... If I cannot find someone soon I am looking at selling her, or loaning her long tem to someone in Wicklow, but this would mean Id hardly ever see her so not ideal. She is a wonderful horse, easy to ride, and would suit almost any ability of rider apart from complete beginner..
    PM me if you know of anyone, or are interested yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 purechancer

hey,
    im looking into sharing my 148cm pony im looking for someone willing to pay half livery in the cork area she is a five year old mare steal grey and bombproof she has a great jump and is great to hack out in the feild, road, and the beach.
    looking for a rider under 11 stone as she is a lightweight hunter also looking for someone who is not interested in competing in showjumping and who understands stable management or is willing to learn:) email me at snip - Please keep all personal details to PM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

A friend has a bay Mare for half lease, shes around 12. Wouldnt be a novice ride but has great movement and is very people friendly. I turn her out with my Horse a lot so have handled her nearly every day. She is stabled in the North County Dublin area, the centre has two large outdoors and a large indoor.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3230/3152550160_fa348b2082.jpg
    3152550160_fa348b2082.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Blizzardo

Hello

I'd be interested in your horse share if he is still available. I can only commit to one day a week, and it would have to be a weekend day, but i would really love the chance to hack out on my own for a few hours each week around Stepaside. I have ridden around those forestries for years from the Paddocks Riding Stables, Denise and Thersea may remember me from a few years ago. I am 30, originally from London and an intermediate rider, currently learning polocrosse two week day evenings at Carrickmines. (if he'd be suitable at all for that, I'd be delighted to do it 3 days a week!)
    Do get in contact with me if you'd be interested.

Thanks
    Lizzie

Advertisement