Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castors for vintage mahogany chair

Options
  • 19-01-2021 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I’m looking to replace the castors in an old mahogany Chesterfield style captains chair. Anyone any ideas were I can source five that would suit this style of chair?
    Struggling to find any from the usual sources, and are they difficult to fit?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

Why do you need 5?
    Are all the castors bunched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

All Chesterfield have five castors peasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Restoration Materials, Bury UK, will have what you need, you
    will probably have to remove one, to measure it properly before ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

policarp wrote: »
    Why do you need 5?
    Are all the castors bunched?
    Need five as I’m hoping to replace the existing ones with a new set and have them all the same. Two of the current five are bunched. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dathi

http://www.marshall-brass.com/

haven't used them in a long time

• Advertisement
Advertisement