Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's quite possible we will beat highs in Britain on Saturday. a 29c or 30c can't be ruled out locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A vintage start in Dublin to what is gonna be another cracking day.

By the way, 27.5C at Mt Dillon yesterday makes it the warmest day since June 2019 when Ardfert (Kerry) got to 29.8C on 27 June.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Condor24

Already 21 here in Offaly, could top yesterday's 27, we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It is going to be a warm one in the West. The sun is out already and the forecast is for 27c. That would be a big jump from yesterday.

Lovely to see so many people eating outside. Seeing a good few tourist cars around too with European regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

21°c at casement 08:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Already 21 degrees in Dublin at 8am, going to be a hot one. Perfect blue skies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

An unbelievable beautiful morning in North County Dublin. Not a cloud to be seen + not even a whiff of a breeze.

It's going to be a scorcher!

Enjoy everyone!

22.7° now in Kildare, feel like going to Dublin just for the cooler temps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

A lottery where the max temperature will be. At least if any sort of E breeze gets going we can rule out Phoenix Park perhaps which is a hot station though I still see 25-26 for PP.

Of the ME 25 I will go Oak Park - 28.2c

My local WOW (Forgefield, S.Kildare) is already up to 24.6c. It seemed a solid station last year and during winter when referencing to closest ME (Oak Park) but it seems like it is a little off...

I reckon mount dillon or Shannon might be hot spots today with Phoenix park pushing close. Can never understand why Kilkenny doesn’t have a met station, always very sneaky hot there in warm spells

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

20.8C now here near Tralee under clear blue skies, has the makings for a scorcher all right. Very warm night in store and only dropping to 14- 16C for many.

Already 24 degrees at Phoenix park and oak park at 10am

Heh, they're slow today

Arklow was nudging 24 before 930am 😂

Mercifully the seabreeze has kicked in

Noticeable how even on the coast in North Dublin the breeze is much lighter. Suggests it really could get very hot today particularly inland. Also no cloud whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It will hit 30 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Beautiful beautiful day here neutral. Not a cloud to be seen! Hope everybody enjoys these lovely days!

Unusual to see Dublin airport keeping up with Phoenix park at 25 degrees, 11am reading. Dub airport normally cooler, Athenry also 25

Temperatures approaching 26° in Kildare now with clear blue skies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Botanic Gardens climate station in Glasnevin leading the pack so far with 25.8C. Phoenix Park 25.3C and Dublin Airport 25.1C.

Can't say I recall this level of warmth this early in the day in Dublin since July 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Dew points at Dublin Airport now hitting 17C, its gonna make it quite unpleasant for many.

Lighter sea breeze today,so it's warmed up as much at Dub as it usually would at casement

Sea breeze is capable of cutting temps to 18 today on or near the coast if at normal strength

But here in Arklow it's dropped to 22 not the full effect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Yep looks like it’ll be an absolute scorcher. Just back from a swim. Can’t believe it reached 25c by 11am in Dublin!

Can definitely see 29 maybe even 30c somewhere today.

Stronger see breeze on east coast tomorrow bringing temperatures down to low to mid 20s I reckon. Munster possibly hitting 29/30 tomorrow?

I would be surprised if somewhere doesn’t hit 30 today. Unlikely to hit the heights of 2018 with 32 degrees but I think 30 could happen

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It should given the county is surrounded by hills over 300m and a low centre.

The local council should never have allowed building close to the old met station which caused it close.

Oak Park to replace it was not the same as the topography is different.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Just over 25C here near the coast in Kerry, after cutting the grass, sweltering. Amazing how wet the grass was though, heavy dew last night and slow to clear without a breeze, some fair weather clouds bubbling up now.

Up to 26 degrees now at all Dublin locations, Athenry and oak park

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Just after 11am I woke up and phone saying 26C. I don't recall ever seen such temperatures this early in the day. From a heat perspective this is more impressive than 2018 and we still have another 5 days of temperatures in the mid twenties to go. I think 28C is certainly achieveable here in Meath today and can see some places getting 29C once the sea breezes stay away.

• Advertisement

Naas Golf club

A Davis vantage Pro 2 station is at 27.1c

Advertisement