Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Much colder Tues onward ------>Frost/wintry showers (Risk of snow in East for a time)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Yes heavy downpours of hail/sleet with a good light show would be very welcome indeed. The highest hills and mountains can have the snow.

Yes Black, sea effect will have on influence and drive snowline up good bit higher.

Well at least it's something to monitor lads and lassies, as much as I enjoy warm settled weather, variety is the spice of life,so they say.:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sleet now being reported at Aldergrove with temp of 3c DP 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Wind has veered from NW to N

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Just arrived up here in Stepaside to a small hail shower... gonna setup shortly , wont be going up too high. As ill be getting dropped off . Probably just around Johnny foxes where a good view will be . :)

MT ya put a big smile on my face ha, id be in almost the perfect spot! ha

Dunno about trogdor , think he has college..?

Hope you get to record some amazing stuff, whatever it may be. Tempted to go myself but probably just end up in the pub.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Freezing cold here, only 3.8C with the strong wind making it feel a lot colder. Heavy hail showers with a bit of sleet in the mix but no sign of any snow even on high ground, can't see the summit but Mt Errigal looks clear up to around 600m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Shower trains are setting up nicely in the Irish sea now making a v line for the Wicklow mtns (snow up there for sure)
    Interestingly the trajectory looks like hitting all of Wicklow and north wexford so there's a good bit of high ground targeted.

The arc near the iom is setting up nicely for Dublin too so iancar get thee to kippure! In for a penny in for a pound :D

Couple of light hail showers here near arklow.
    Hoping to head up near 2000ft asl near here after 7 if I can persuade some people here that a 2 mile walk will be worth it to feel that lovely crunch of snow under the feet.
    god damn it we were deprived long enough :D

Lets do it!

blackius wrote: »
    Shower trains are setting up nicely in the Irish sea now making a v line for the Wicklow mtns (snow up there for sure)
    Interestingly the trajectory looks like hitting all of Wicklow and north wexford so there's a good bit of high ground targeted.

The arc near the iom is setting up nicely for Dublin too so iancar get thee to kippure! In for a penny in for a pound :D

Couple of light hail showers here near arklow.
    Hoping to head up near 2000ft asl near here after 7 if I can persuade some people here that a 2 mile walk will be worth it to feel that lovely crunch of snow under the feet.
    god damn it we were deprived long enough :D

Lets do it!

See i dont drive so its the bro thatll be helping me with dropping me off wherevers :) ... Kippure would be nice! , only 25 mins from here so ... HOPEFULLY! ha :D ...

Gonna do a short timelapse from here though as im on a top floor apartment
    with a balcony facing north over dublin Bay :)

Then hopefully Go out on z ADVENTURE! ..... Hopefully... ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭secrecy_ie

The fact that my winter boots broke recently should have told me what was coming. I love snow, but I'm in work and couldn't wear runners so stuck in open toe high heels!

Still though, I'd manage - just to see some of the white stuff!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow symbol now on my VP2.....it's official, it's coming! :D

6.1c DP 2.0c atm.

Interesting developments in the Irish Sea.

• Advertisement

Some pretty intense stuff out in the Irish Sea

as much as we'd all like to see what you film, Ian, for Gods sakes , mind yourself.

patneve2 wrote: »
    Some pretty intense stuff out in the Irish Sea

Raintoday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Snowing here on the west Donegal coast, bit of a surprise :confused:

Jake1 wrote: »
    as much as we'd all like to see what you film, Ian, for Gods sakes , mind yourself.

hahaha....THANKS :) now , if i can last in Kiruna @ -25 o C ... i think i can manage Kippure ! hahaha

Hopefully the wind veers a bit more westerly with those showers on the Irish Sea :)

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Hopefully the wind veers a bit more westerly with those showers on the Irish Sea :)

I assume you mean easterly?

5.8c DP 1.7c atm.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I assume you mean easterly?

5.8c DP 1.7c atm.

* bows my head in shame * ... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Think us Dublin dudes should be looking north of the menacing curl heading towards Wicklow.

Could be an interesting evening with a wintry mix for many :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Hail just now.

a nice 40 degree shift in wind would be nice right now :D

• Advertisement

View just now from here in Stepaside... iphone shot.

535631_10150783719631718_631736717_12193947_1130601360_n.jpg

The heavy showers/ppn as seen on radar now look like they will only give a glancing blow off the east coast but the stuff coming down from the north seems to be pepping up as it crosses the Irish Sea/Dundalk Bay.

5.7c DP 1.8c

Iancar29 wrote: »
    View just now from here in Stepaside... iphone shot.

Legoland? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Just had a shower of hail in Sligo now. No snow yet though

Be god Gerry went all out there,(For Him) Not one but 2 warning triangles over Wicklow hills and mountains for snow, with east feeling the brunt later, his words.

Latest raintoday: Nice activity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

DOCARCH wrote: »
    The heavy showers/ppn as seen on radar now look like they will only give a glancing blow off the east coast but the stuff coming down from the north seems to be pepping up as it crosses the Irish Sea/Dundalk Bay.

5.7c DP 1.8c
    Aye but wind direction is key.
    What we know now is the air is cold enough to produce irish sea streamers.
    That wind will be north east this evening and well the irish sea will be producing even more activity by then :)
    I've seen a few showers come barely ashore and I see cb activity.
    All good signs if you're up on the eastern flank of the wicklow and dublin mtns this evening.

First snow returns now showing up over the wicklow mountains now.... GAME ON!!! :D

* GOES UP and start timelapse * :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Standby Wicklow, what temps do we have up there?

Expect impact in 1.5 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 eredmond

Just had a hail shower in Waterford City. Didn't last long.

Advertisement