Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Much colder Tues onward ------>Frost/wintry showers (Risk of snow in East for a time)

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Lovely day today :)

Nothing better when the sun is shinning - shame there's no heat to go with it.. nice to look out at thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Quite an unusual day - very warm in sunshine but the thermometer didn't get above 10c. Mrs B has just told me that my boat race is sunburnt! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today was great, felt like 18C in the sun but it was only 10C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Today was fine indeed.

Warm in the sun. But we did need some rainfall. We got ample here in dublin. Should bring the water-table back up some what.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Nabber wrote: »
    But we did need some rainfall. We got ample here in dublin. Should bring the water-table back up some what.

:confused:

I've recorded a total of 5.8mm so far in April! (Soaking wet by this year's standards)

No snow (@ 120m asl) and lowest air temp of +0.8C (on Sunday, before the "cold" snap!)

Regardless, I still don't feel any need for rain :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

edit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

edit:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

We still need a lot of rain, especially on the East Coast:
    -February: 20mm @ Dublin, 19mm @ Casement
    -March 25 mm @ Dublin, 27mm @ Casement
    -April so far about 5mm in the Dublin area
    Hopefully we can close the month at +60mm (even more would be needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Darkman (or any other person who studies the charts), is there any more snow situations on the way, for the foreseeable future?

This particular event was a non-event for me. I waited all Winter long for snow, but there was nothing at all. It makes me really sad that we are heading into Summer soon enough and I haven't seen one flake :(

Please tell me if you see anything on the horizon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm hoping for low pressure water at night, hosepipe bans and a long hot summer. The rest of it can fack off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I saw the snow on the Wicklow mountains here in Kilkenny, one could see it on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Darkman (or any other person who studies the charts), is there any more snow situations on the way, for the foreseeable future?

This particular event was a non-event for me. I waited all Winter long for snow, but there was nothing at all. It makes me really sad that we are heading into Summer soon enough and I haven't seen one flake :(

Snow cannot be ruled out next week but because of the time of year it will again be confined to high ground. What a shame we didn't get this set up in mid winter :mad: that's always the way isn't it.
    Rtavn1201.png

patneve2 wrote: »
    Hopefully we can close the month at +60mm (even more would be needed)

Hopefully not!:eek:

This is ideal weather - what we need is to pipe all that excess water from the rain-drenched West.

(Not trolling or trying to start a row here or anything :rolleyes:)

I hold out some slim hope for mid-December ;)

Advertisement