Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona Building

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's a surprisingly solid build. I had one single piece missing in mine though (2x1 with cross hole), which was disappointing (especially as there were loads of spares of some of the tiny pieces), but where it is isn't visually apparent, just means some of the tree branches/leaves on the top left of the normal side can break off too easily, as they're barely holding on without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

It BeeMee wrote: »
    My stubby fingers mean I'm well used to creating crooked lines with stickers, but preprinted mismatches is a bit unforgivable :(

You might be able to rearrange the pieces so it looks less obvious.

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

My stubby fingers mean I'm well used to creating crooked lines with stickers, but preprinted mismatches is a bit unforgivable :(

Top tip... use a brick separator to apply stickers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9a6Ijn0d5I

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

So...I finally completed my Apollo 11 Lunar Lander set after finding out, to my initial dismay, that it was missing six critical bricks which I needed to build the upper module/ascent stage.

11417_58800712_76d8d47b-fc3c-44ef-90b2-00c074ed8bf7.jpeg

Contacted LEGO on their website and saw that they actually have a service for missing pieces and they dispatched them out to me free of charge. Delighted!

11417_14501093_e9bb83dd-82ed-4686-9ad1-c87fd817478b.jpeg

Now, to get started on Assembly Square! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

JupiterKid wrote: »
    So...I finally completed my Apollo 11 Lunar Lander set after finding out, to my initial dismay, that it was missing six critical bricks which I needed to build the upper module/ascent stage.

Contacted LEGO on their website and saw that they actually have a service for missing pieces and they dispatched them out to me free of charge. Delighted!

Yeah they've very good like that. Got my missing piece for The Upside Down much faster than expected too, so it's all nice and solid now!

Lander looks really good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Been on a bit of a building spree this past month, so far I've built..
    Corner Garage
    Bookshop
    Rollercoaster
    and started the Batmobile two nights ago. It's huge btw. Only realised the size when I'd finished the frame. I've also never seen a lego box so fully filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That lunar lander set looks cool.
    I got 42099 for my birthday so am in the middle of building it at the moment.
    Still haven't started on the Batmobile. Keeping it for a special occasion :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Have the parts arriving to me this week to build this beast :D

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Have the parts arriving to me this week to build this beast :D

That looks class!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Thanks for the heads up

I placed an order under replacement/ missing bricks - see what happens
    Dear LEGO® Fan,

Thanks for your recent LEGO® parts request.
    We’re sorry, but we haven’t been able to process your order as it didn’t pass our validation checks. This could be for a number of reasons and it may simply be that the number of parts you’ve requested exceeds our maximum order quantity.
    We’d like to help you get the replacement parts you need, but as the validation process is automatic, any similar orders you place through our website will also be cancelled.

Haven't had a chance to follow up with them

• Advertisement

Haven't had a chance to follow up with them

Did they email you asking for a number from the back of the instructions? I remember I had a problem with a minifig on the Marvel Helicarrier a few years ago and had to verify I owned the set and wasn't doing a part replacement for a part exclusive to the set.

Did they email you asking for a number from the back of the instructions? I remember I had a problem with a minifig on the Marvel Helicarrier a few years ago and had to verify I owned the set and wasn't doing a part replacement for a part exclusive to the set.

Nope, only what I quoted above

To be fair, I would need to get a one-to-one with support to explain my case better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Nope, only what I quoted above

To be fair, I would need to get a one-to-one with support to explain my case better

I’d be very surprised if they do anything here. How many of the piece did you request?

I’d be very surprised if they do anything here. How many of the piece did you request?

8 - half the requirements, hoping I'd have some half decent matches for one side anyway :)

Edit to say : not hugely bothered about it really. It's a shot to nothing to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

8 - half the requirements, hoping I'd have some half decent matches for one side anyway :)

Edit to say : not hugely bothered about it really. It's a shot to nothing to ask

I bought a second one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Finished Pirates of Barracuda Bay. Love it. The original pirate run would have been the last series of sets I collected before entering my dark age, so this is pretty bang on target to exploit those feelings of nostalgia.

The set also is looks better in person. Not that I thought it looked bad, just a little squared off. You don’t get that impression in the plastic. I will say (for a 16+) building set, it has the most juniorised building instructions I’ve seen in long time. I thought the batmobile had some hand holding, but nothing on this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

After finishing my Apollo 11 Lunar Lander set, I got round to working on the LEGO Ideas Dinosaur Fossils set. It’s got lots of highly specialized parts and, for anyone here thinking of getting it, I’d fully recommend it as it gives you a nice build and a lot of bang for your buck.

So, in the free time I had over the past week, I was working on the Tyrannasaurus Rex skeleton, IMO the best out of the three fossils in the set.

Here’s the build in three stages:

11417_56275865_d8b7ec9e-893a-4434-a213-18a2a5748a00.jpeg

11417_88775411_f7ca763f-dec8-4316-b9d5-8e325c129f8e.jpeg

11417_56657508_df7766d1-94ad-41de-8cd2-d9233b699104.jpeg

Still have to build the Pterodon and the Triceratops, but these should be pretty straightforward after the T-Rex. :) This set is really for grown-ups only for display purposes once built - as there are some pretty fragile parts to the T-Rex (ribs especially) so is definitely NOT for playing with!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Decided to brick-link my own 7679, had a few of the newer release version but was never happy with them, and this one doesn't come up too often for sale.

I had a good few pieces in the spare parts bin, and minus the stickers and a few color substitutions it came out well. International post took ages from some countries.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    After finishing my Apollo 11 Lunar Lander set, I got round to working on the LEGO Ideas Dinosaur Fossils set. It’s got lots of highly specialized parts and, for anyone here thinking of getting it, I’d fully recommend it as it gives you a nice build and a lot of bang for your buck.

So, in the free time I had over the past week, I was working on the Tyrannasaurus Rex skeleton, IMO the best out of the three fossils in the set.

Here’s the build in three stages:

11417_56275865_d8b7ec9e-893a-4434-a213-18a2a5748a00.jpeg

11417_88775411_f7ca763f-dec8-4316-b9d5-8e325c129f8e.jpeg

11417_56657508_df7766d1-94ad-41de-8cd2-d9233b699104.jpeg

Still have to build the Pterodon and the Triceratops, but these should be pretty straightforward after the T-Rex. :) This set is really for grown-ups only for display purposes once built - as there are some pretty fragile parts to the T-Rex (ribs especially) so is definitely NOT for playing with!

How tall is the T-Rex?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

How tall is the T-Rex?

It can be tilted so can vary from 20-25cm I think. That's from memory though. Much longer than that too, 40cm or so.

• Advertisement

Rhyme wrote: »
    It can be tilted so can vary from 20-25cm I think. That's from memory though. Much longer than that too, 40cm or so.

Hmm bigger than I thought so! More pondering needed

Definitely a display set though, too fragile for small hands.

Definitely a display set though, too fragile for small hands.

Yeah doesn't look like one for the kids. I'll pick it up eventually I'm sure

Ordered the instructions from Brickvault for the Jurassic Park Ford Explorer and Jeep. Loving the explorer, the build annoyed the hell out of me though. Very unstable until about half way through.

Ordered the instructions from Brickvault for the Jurassic Park Ford Explorer and Jeep. Loving the explorer, the build annoyed the hell out of me though. Very unstable until about half way through.

My BL order was short a few parts to complete it but hopefully they'll be here next week

Ooh, Brickvault link?

With the recent-ish of the gate and T-Rex, I can't see them releasing an official Ford Explorer so I'd go all in for this MOC. Instructions expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭g0g

Been a busy few months of Lego purchases since my first post! We did the Fiat 500 and Roller Coaster. Since then also went for the Charger, Flatiron Architecture, VW Camper (fits on car transporter), Technic Car Transporter, Orange Technic Corvette that fits on transporter, and last week for a laugh I picked up 3420 on ebay - great for nostalgia!
    Have to say the car transporter was a HUGELY enjoyable build. Really interesting workings inside it. Expensive times ahead however.... like the look of new Nintendo set and Technic Cement Mixer, and as for that Home Alone house....
    (these sets all appearing on my Adverts in coming months after build/break!)
    20200621_232518.jpg
    20200719_081025.jpg

Advertisement