Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭interlocked

Match rescheduled to 1pm tomorrow, as per Mayo Gaa twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sensible call really
    But could have been made last night

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Mayo should do the decent thing and offer to play the game in Limerick tomorrow.

(Runs for cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭HBC08

To the two Kerry lads who were coming up regardless of the weather, have hotel booked and are looking to go on the beer for the day in Cbar.

Might i suggest an itinerary for ye?
    Start in Bridge st,the best and most intersting bar in town,the fire slice pizza truck will be in the outdoor area (unless weather affected) and its a great place to base yerselves. Bare in mind they dont show sports or even have a telly so I presume ye would want to be watching Dublin Tyrone later (or maybe premiership or whatever) Head to The Irish House as its a great place ,cosy snugs but a fairly big pub and will be showing everything (also have the best sandwiches in town but only til 6)
    After that you could head back to the Bridge or go to Johnny McHales or Rockys,all these will be getting busy at this stage.
    You could head to Mick Brynes then as your last stop,best football pub in town,probably be other kerry lads in there and the big man himself will want to have a chat with ye.They will serve late enough in here too.
    Everywhere mentioned is within 150 metres of eachother. I've left bars out but ye are only here for one day.

The late bar option then would be Coxs,usual messing and carry on of a late bar in here.Will be good craic if yer away from home and on a big sesh.
    Hope this helps!
    I've a awful thirst on me now after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

HBC08 wrote: »
    After that you could head back to the Bridge or go to Johnny McHales or Rockys,all these will be getting busy at this stage.
    Throw in a gyoza, peppered chicken and curry in Lana (just up from Rockys) before or after Johnny's and that's pretty much a perfect sesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

glack wrote:
    I don’t get this part to be honest. You can’t cancel games because the opposing teams fans may travel through bad weather. There’s personal responsibility here, if your journey is too dangerous stay home! Anyone driving through red warnings to get to a game of football has to take responsibility of their own actions.

glack wrote:
    If the weather in Castlebar/Mayo in general is forecasted to be safe for the game it should go ahead. You can’t cancel games because weather down the country is bad.

Be hard to play a Kerry team if the team bus is upside down on the side of the road in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭dobman88

HBC08, thanks for that. Missus just made a feed and I'm just hitting the road. Brother on the way already. Plan is to hit bridge st as you said and find a spot for the Dublin Tyrone match. Think we will head to Mick Byrnes and take it from there. Wont be a mental one cos I hate going to games half fecked the next day but looking forward to it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

This is turning into quite an epic night out. Now that there is no actual match on tonight to occupy you, or debate afterwards, God knows what'll happen, or what ye'll talk about with the locals.

You should do a Buff Egan and do live Snapchat updates through out the evening. What could possibly go wrong.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

dobman88 wrote: »
    HBC08, thanks for that. Missus just made a feed and I'm just hitting the road. Brother on the way already. Plan is to hit bridge st as you said and find a spot for the Dublin Tyrone match. Think we will head to Mick Byrnes and take it from there. Wont be a mental one cos I hate going to games half fecked the next day but looking forward to it anyway.

Safe journey. Enjoy the night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

Be hard to play a Kerry team if the team bus is upside down on the side of the road in Galway.

I’d imagine they’re already in Mayo since either last night or were on the road good and early this morning. I fairly sure the Kerry county board would have had a back up plan so they wouldnt need to risk sending their team in a bus through a red weather warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

glack wrote: »
    I’d imagine they’re already in Mayo since either last night or were on the road good and early this morning. I fairly sure the Kerry county board would have had a back up plan so they wouldnt need to risk sending their team in a bus through a red weather warning.

Kerry squad travelled yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

My comment was tongue in cheek but dismissing the conditions of the country outside the few miles in Castlebar is a bit narrow minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Scaltan

HBC08 wrote: »
    To the two Kerry lads who were coming up regardless of the weather, have hotel booked and are looking to go on the beer for the day in Cbar.

Might i suggest an itinerary for ye?
    Start in Bridge st,the best and most intersting bar in town,the fire slice pizza truck will be in the outdoor area (unless weather affected) and its a great place to base yerselves. Bare in mind they dont show sports or even have a telly so I presume ye would want to be watching Dublin Tyrone later (or maybe premiership or whatever) Head to The Irish House as its a great place ,cosy snugs but a fairly big pub and will be showing everything (also have the best sandwiches in town but only til 6)
    You could head to Mick Brynes then as your last stop,best football pub in town,probably be other kerry lads in there and the big man himself will want to have a chat with ye.They will serve late enough in here too.
    Everywhere mentioned is within 150 metres of eachother. I've left bars out but ye are only here for one day.

The late bar option then would be Coxs,usual messing and carry on of a late bar in here.Will be good craic if yer away from home and on a big sesh.
    Hope this helps!
    I've a awful thirst on me now after that.

Now if we can get some of the Kerry team to follow this itinerary as well I can see us winning tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

Anyone know if GAA Go (or another provider) is likely to cover the game tomorrow?

Not sure if Go normally handles deferred games with so little lead in time.

Edit:
    In case anyone else was hoping to set family up with the game, looks like it won't be available. Going from RTE, Eir and GAA Go all offering it this evening to none offering it tomorrow. Shame.

Glad our game was called off looking at the Tyrone one
    Bit nervous the conditions will help them sneak a result though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

km79 wrote: »
    Glad our game was called off looking at the Tyrone one
    Bit nervous the conditions will help them sneak a result though

Certainly the more dangerous of the 2 team. Unlucky not to have capped it off with a goal at the end. We could do with a favour from the Dubs, we helped them often enough :D

Disasterous result

Dublin again very unimpressive though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

km79 wrote: »
    Disasterous result

Dublin again very unimpressive though

Our life just got a whole lot more difficult.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Our life just got a whole lot more difficult.

That game is why we might have been better off if our game was played in similar conditions tonight tbh

1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
    2. Padraig O'Hora - Ballina Stephenites
    3. Oisin Mullin - Kilmaine
    4. Lee Keegan - Westport
    5. Michael Plunkett - Ballintubber
    6. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet
    7. Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
    8. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy (C)
    9. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
    10. Jordan Flynn - Crossmolina Deel Rovers
    11. Ryan O'Donoghue - Belmullet
    12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
    13. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
    14. Darren Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
    15. James Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels

• Advertisement

On the plus side
    We now have a better chance of making league final

Lads if anyone is in Castlebar can ye call in a bomb threat to Coxs. I've no idea how it ended up here but jesus tis like a different world. Send help

Worst of the storm seems to have passed but it's quite windy.

Don't know to what extent same will have helped to dry up a likely saturated pitch.

All in all outside a very strong wind it's quite a pleasant morning.

Interesting half back line. Hoping to see plenty of Eoin O Donoghue on the front foot.

Leeroy is likely to be assigned the unenviable task of letting Clifford quiet.Need a really big performance from Stephen Coen in the middle of the park.No idea if Donie and Cillian are amongst the substitutes.

We so badly need the two points.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Worst of the storm seems to have passed but it's quite windy.

Don't know to what extent same will have helped to dry up a likely saturated pitch.

All in all outside a very strong wind it's quite a pleasant morning.

Interesting half back line. Hoping to see plenty of Eoin O Donoghue on the front foot.

Leeroy is likely to be assigned the unenviable task of letting Clifford quiet.Need a really big performance from Stephen Coen in the middle of the park.No idea if Donie and Cillian are amongst the substitutes.

We so badly need the two points.

I will be shocked if Eoin O'D actually starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone know if this is on telly or online somewhere today?

TG4 concentrating on hurling by the looks of it

PhoneMain wrote: »
    I will be shocked if Eoin O'D actually starts.

Indeed I can't count how many times Eoin has been named to start and failed to start.

Love to see him get a proper run in the team.He's too good a footballer not to feature in the full back in the long term.

What's the story with Brendan Harrison?

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is on telly or online somewhere today?

TG4 concentrating on hurling by the looks of it

Tis not. Was supposed to be on telly last night. TG4 showing deferred coverage of Donegal Monaghan too afaik

Indeed I can't count how many times Eoin has been named to start and failed to start.

Love to see him get a proper run in the team.He's too good a footballer not to feature in the full back in the long term.

What's the story with Brendan Harrison?

Injured and likely to miss rest of league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

• Advertisement

It’s snowing !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement