Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Co-op online games?

• 23-06-2014 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

My friend and I meet up about twice a year and we always play a co-op game on his xbox like halo or gears of war. I own a ps3 and my friend recently bought a ps3 so was wondering what are some good games with online co-op campaigns. I've never played it but heard Borderlands 2 is good and I've played Lost Planet 2 so know about that one.

So anyone with any recommendations for co-op campaigns on the ps3?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

borderlands 2 thats all yee need.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

+1 on Borderlands 2 for co-op, great fun to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Its a pretty awful game in many ways, but Resi 5 is pretty damn fun in co-op and should be available super cheap. It's better in local co-op as you can shout at each other more for hogging shotty ammo or constantly getting in trouble and needing help.

You've also got Diablo 3 if you're into that kind of thing.

Dead-space 3 (despite being the worst in the series has pretty fun co-op)

Rayman series has great local co-op but doesn't do online I think. Both Origins and Legends are fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Joshua J wrote: »
    My friend and I meet up about twice a year and we always play a co-op game on his xbox like halo or gears of war. I own a ps3 and my friend recently bought a ps3 so was wondering what are some good games with online co-op campaigns. I've never played it but heard Borderlands 2 is good and I've played Lost Planet 2 so know about that one.

So anyone with any recommendations for co-op campaigns on the ps3?.

Man would love to get back into Lost Planet 2; apparently there's a massive patch that fixes the game. Might check the bargain bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Its a pretty awful game in many ways, but Resi 5 is pretty damn fun in co-op and should be available super cheap. It's better in local co-op as you can shout at each other more for hogging shotty ammo or constantly getting in trouble and needing help.

You've also got Diablo 3 if you're into that kind of thing.

Dead-space 3 (despite being the worst in the series has pretty fun co-op)

Rayman series has great local co-op but doesn't do online I think. Both Origins and Legends are fantastic though.

Funny you should mention it but we played resi 5 last time I was down. Didn't like it at all. The split screen is kinda windowed, if you know what i mean. Not full screen, same as Lost Planet 2, actually which makes it hard to see whats going on.

Dead Space, the origional, was/is one of my favorite games of all time but I didn't relly get into two. I check your other recs out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Man would love to get back into Lost Planet 2; apparently there's a massive patch that fixes the game. Might check the bargain bin.

Yeah LP2 is a great game alright. The monster battles are epic and the train sequence was hard but really well designed imo. Could be worth a re-visit lol would be great having a screen to myself, as i said above, local split screen is windowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Dark Souls 2, it will just take an age to find your friend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Dark Souls 2, it will just take an age to find your friend!!!

If you use the Name Engraved Ring bought from Shalquoir, if you both equip the ring and choose the same god it makes summoning each other ALOT easier as it only shows summon signs of people who choose the same god.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I can't understand why a mod didn't just close this thread when Temptamperu suggested Borderlands 2 ???

I'll have to report it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Castle Crashers (Golden Axe Style) Battleblock Theater (quirky platformer), Borderlands 2 (shooter),

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Cravez wrote: »
    If you use the Name Engraved Ring bought from Shalquoir, if you both equip the ring and choose the same god it makes summoning each other ALOT easier as it only shows summon signs of people who choose the same god.

Ah totally, but not ideal two lads picking up a game for the first time looking to play some co-op!

Despite it's flaws, I'd be a fan of Resi 5 as well. Really easy to get into.
    Mercenaries Mode is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ah totally, but not ideal two lads picking up a game for the first time looking to play some co-op!

Despite it's flaws, I'd be a fan of Resi 5 as well. Really easy to get into.
    Mercenaries Mode is good too.

*slaps back*
    "Dude that was so funny when you actually thought you'd kill him on your 26th respawn but still got yourself axed in half"
    "We might have only played 2 rooms, but definitely worth it"
    *high fives*
    "Make sure you don't delete that save file, cannot wait to get back in in 6 months, so hyped"

I can see the fun to be had now, sheer bonding bliss

(everyone in my head talks like a 90s teenager)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 craigfoster

Borderlands is the only game u need for fun and good co-op i have spend 100+ hours in co-op on this games. The second one i didnt even play on single player once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Res E 5 is monster craic in co-op mode alright. I think playing co-op in it's Mercenaries mode and aiming for high scores never gets old.

Advertisement