Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivium

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Trivium in the ambassador in 2006, with god forbid and mendeed. One of my fondest musical memories. A bit of a shame the way it turned out for them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

D.Q wrote: »
    Trivium in the ambassador in 2006, with god forbid and mendeed. One of my fondest musical memories. A bit of a shame the way it turned out for them

Ya its a shame alright they appear to be more regarded in Europe tough but its not like an Arena tour beckons any time soon. Seeing them on Saturday though can't wait!!, hopefully I'll make the Dublin gig too!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Should be a cracker this time next week, any ideas what time Trivium will be on-stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Whatsgonewrong

They were great when the toured here for the shogun tour with the haunted and Bruce Dickinsons son's band whatever they were called haha

Think I might give this one a miss though, really don't like anything off the latest two albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Got my ticket for the Academy gig

success_kid_MAN-1.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Gonna head to this myself on tuesday.

I don't personally think it turned out that bad for them, they've carved out a niche for themselves. Especially with shogun, they veered away from the "lighter" stuff they did on the Crusade.

Shogun probably being my favourite metal album of the last ten years. Not a duffer on there (except maybe the calamity).

TRIVIUM don't mess around
    Trivium are busier than ever. They released their sixth album, Vengeance Falls, in 2013 and have already written skeletons for another 15 new songs, which they plan to start recording in the first quarter of 2015.

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/interview-triviums-matt-heafy-talks-piss-bottles-and-bloody-lips.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Busy boys!

Listening to them now - looking forward to tomorrow now, go to work, go to Japanese class, go to Trivium :)

Saw them in Austria the weekend were one of the hightlights wrecked now but shouldn't miss academy show.

Any idea if there is going to be support?

• Advertisement

Any idea if there is going to be support?

Dublin metal band Pyskosis will be opening for Trivium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

What time is this kicking off at ?

What time is this kicking off at ?

Doors open at 19:00, i'd imagine Pyskosis onstage @ 19:30 til 20:30, then Trivium @ 21:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

Are you serious?! I've been checking the trivium website constantly, last checked about 2 months ago and never once saw or heard of an Irish date and I only find out NOW by pure CHANCE that they're playing tomorrow in Dublin.

ffs and they havent played in Ireland for years, I've been checking/waiting for so long.

oak5548 wrote: »
    Are you serious?! I've been checking the trivium website constantly, last checked about 2 months ago and never once saw or heard of an Irish date and I only find out NOW by pure CHANCE that they're playing tomorrow in Dublin.

ffs and they havent played in Ireland for years, I've been checking/waiting for so long.

Yeah they ****ed it up on their website and have it the academy in the uk

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Think I might go to this, not crazy about trivium's stuff but wouldn't mind seeing what they're like live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

lads does anyone know if you have to pay for parking on street after 7pm in city centre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Well, that was great craic altogether.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They sure did put on a great live show, will happily go see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Absolutely immense show and I got to meet and have a chat with the guys before the gig. Fantastic night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Annnnnd, deaf! :o

Forgot to bring the cotton wool, always bring the cotton wool to the Academy!

They put on one helluva show though - it was just bananas :D:D

and Psykosis - fair play to them! Beach balls 'n' everything :pac: Who else is looking forward to the Heavy Metal Rave in a warehouse with them? :P

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Annnnnd, deaf! :o

Forgot to bring the cotton wool, always bring the cotton wool to the Academy!

They put on one helluva show though - it was just bananas :D:D

and Psykosis - fair play to them! Beach balls 'n' everything :pac: Who else is looking forward to the Heavy Metal Rave in a warehouse with them? :P

Definitely going to that! They were unreal and talking to them afterwards, they were just the soundest bunch. They have some fantastic tunes!

That was a solid show take their advice whoever went and tell yer friends! And maybe we wont have to wait another 6 years.

Crowd was great their sound guy was very unprofessional though gettin a fan to buy him drinks and knockin them back during the show failed to up Matts vocals when walkin to other mics particularly on righthand side, overheard fan gettin rewarded to meet the band after for his troubles.

That was a solid show take their advice whoever went and tell yer friends! And maybe we wont have to wait another 6 years.

Crowd was great their sound guy was very unprofessional though gettin a fan to buy him drinks and knockin them back during the show failed to up Matts vocals when walkin to other mics particularly on righthand side, overheard fan gettin rewarded to meet the band after for his troubles.

Yeah the sound guy had a ****in stinker last night; he didn't even turn on the mics until a bit into the first song, the levels when switching from rhythm to solo's were messed up also.

Though tbf the band were on top form, crowd were well up for it too so it looked like the band were having a great time. Also that new drummer is solid as foook, not a single beat missed.

Best I've seen them play tbh.

Psykosis & Trivium were ****in amazing, got to meet 3/4 of the band afterwards, would gladly do it all over again

It was also the first time I heard the phrase "Pow, right in the kisser" used at a gig.

My appendix burst hours before the show, gutted !

My appendix burst hours before the show, gutted !

Gutted...literally.

Any recognise my new best mate here? :P

• Advertisement

Perfect way to round of a good night eh Static

Advertisement