Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'm done

Options
  • 01-01-2008 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Well I decided to become an official member of the Non Drinkers Club after the disgrace I made of myself last night. I hate the whole drinking culture and the fact that we celebrate everything with alcohol, but I always go along with it anyway. But after waking up with the most ferocious hangover known to man with no recollection of how I got home, and having spent the whole day being sick, that's me done. For good. I need alcohol to have a good time, or at least I think that I do; I feel awkward and self-conscious on a night out if I don't have a few drinks. This worries me and makes me feel that if I keep going like this I could end up with a serious problem. So count me in :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

caridee2 wrote: »
    Well I decided to become an official member of the Non Drinkers Club after the disgrace I made of myself last night. I hate the whole drinking culture and the fact that we celebrate everything with alcohol, but I always go along with it anyway. But after waking up with the most ferocious hangover known to man with no recollection of how I got home, and having spent the whole day being sick, that's me done. For good. I need alcohol to have a good time, or at least I think that I do; I feel awkward and self-conscious on a night out if I don't have a few drinks. This worries me and makes me feel that if I keep going like this I could end up with a serious problem. So count me in :)

Me too. I think a lot of people get this, and it's something that seems to be ignored by society, and the "experts" who tell us not to binge drink etc. Well what happens when every friend you have is a drinker? It's quite overwhelming to sit in a nightclub, sober, while everyone else is drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Count me in too. Oh its so scary but not half as scary as the thoughts of being drunk and feeling awful again. Its our choice, we never have to go through that and I don't know any non-drinkers who envy drinkers.

Advertisement