Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Paulzx

thatboy1 wrote: »
    Many sit the tests?

Just over 100 applied for the internal comp

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

What do you mean by this ???
    Looking at a mid-November closing date for external recruitment campaign.is it going external in November ?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Should be advertised before the month is out.

Is it going through public jobs

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

Any idea if this external campaign will be a croke park job or will it be an online one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

ADO wrote: »
    Any idea if this external campaign will be a croke park job or will it be an online one?

More than likely Croke park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

Surely if PAS are running it it will be online then repeat in their offices, same as the recent Garda recruitment which would probably have been bigger in terms of numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dempseydav

Hi...are current jobs available going to be filled externally ??? How many position to be filled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I was hoping to apply as an external applicant and am wondering, if successful, when the training is likely to commence and if they will be recruiting again at any stage in 2016? I only ask as I had ACL surgery last month and am worried that I will not be physically fit enough early next year.

Also, I heard that Kildare fire service are also supposed to be recruiting. Any info on this?

• Advertisement

dceire wrote: »
    I was hoping to apply as an external applicant and am wondering, if successful, when the training is likely to commence and if they will be recruiting again at any stage in 2016? I only ask as I had ACL surgery last month and am worried that I will not be physically fit enough early next year.

Also, I heard that Kildare fire service are also supposed to be recruiting. Any info on this?

Well the internal class start in January so the earliest the next class will start is next summer.

External recruiting is starting in January I'm told.

Kildare recruited about two months ago and panels have already been made so you're too late for that.

dceire wrote: »

Well the internal class start in January so the earliest the next class will start is next summer.

Kildare recruited about two months ago and panels have already been made so you're too late for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Fire1985 wrote: »

I heard external applications will go out this month. We'll have to wait and see.

It's being advertised next week. ESCO also being advertised externally (I'm told).

It's being advertised next week. ESCO also being advertised externally (I'm told).

Will the ESCO be like the last time with the idea that you eventually progress to firefighter?

Not sure actually, I presume so?

Any idea what qualifications they are looking for or anything that you must have in order to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

So lads with DFB recruiting end of October does anyone know how many they need?

Do you need to be an emt or have a D license to apply as I don't have these things.

123kid2014 wrote: »
    So lads with DFB recruiting end of October does anyone know how many they need?

Do you need to be an emt or have a D license to apply as I don't have these things.

With previous competitions..........no. You do however require a B licence.

Paulzx wrote: »
    With previous competitions..........no. You do however require a B licence.

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Should be advertised next Thursday (all going well).

Should be advertised next Thursday (all going well).

I heard that too , was told to register with public jobs and check the papers .

Is it 100 they're advertising?

Any numbers banded about would be pure guesswork and there'd be nothing to back them up.

reddington wrote: »
    Is it still looking good for next Thursday ?

I wouldn't be as specific as next Thursday but I'd imagine in the next two weeks.

I see Dublin airport fire had 2000+ applications. I wonder what DFB will attract. 5000 I'm guessing

It's Thursday.

123kid2014 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be as specific as next Thursday but I'd imagine in the next two weeks.

I see Dublin airport fire had 2000+ applications. I wonder what DFB will attract. 5000 I'm guessing
    m
    Go again. 10,000

External Comp to be advertised during October

Station Officers promotion panel just advertised.

Sub Officers promotion panel to be advertised by Feb 2016.

Internal comp recruit class to start in Jan 2016

External comp first recruit class to start summer 2016. Further recruit classes to start as required.

A mechanism to be put in place to ensure that employee numbers do not fall to the existing low level again. The existing establishment number of 950ish to be maintained.

The above points are all from the Workplace Relations Commission document.

To be honest it's a kick in the stones for the City Manager and for the KCS cheerleaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone know if the call taker positions are also being advertised at the same time or will it be further down the line?

Also is testing format likely to be the same as before eg online followed by shortlist and supervised tests?

ESCO advertised at same time I believe.

• Advertisement

m
    Go again. 10,000

No way, I hope not. That's ridiculous.

Advertisement