Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newbie to Vaping

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭agfasfos

bd2012 wrote: »
    Gotta say my 3 full size nautys never leaked either. Having said that my sis (who I've given my old tanks to, both full size and mini nautys) prefers the draw in the mini. Your best bet op is to get into esmokeireland and try them on for size so to speak. I'd also recommend the istick 30w battery to go with whatever tank you choose.
    Sorted my sister out with that same setup, 7 months later she hasn't smoked one cigarette since.

I have 2 full size & 1 mini, no problems with leakage with any (so far).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I've one full size and one mini, no leaking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

:D:D:D:D:D we are back to good batches & bad batches,3 out of 4 of mine leaked through the AFC (air flow control) but never on the mini's,all my Nautilus's are authentic & came from an Irish vendor,it's just one of those things we have to explain with your own experience using stuff like that,it has to be told the way it is or nobody learns by mistakes or bad hardware.
    Me personally,I would not use a large Nautilus on an istick 30w,it maybe flush with that top lip sticking out,to me it looks top heavy & ready to topple over imo.
    It's good to know that the big Nautilus does not leak anymore,have they improved it since it was released or was it those BVC coils that sorted out the leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

:D:D:D:D:D we are back to good batches & bad batches,3 out of 4 of mine leaked through the AFC (air flow control) but never on the mini's,all my Nautilus's are authentic & came from an Irish vendor,it's just one of those things we have to explain with your own experience using stuff like that,it has to be told the way it is or nobody learns by mistakes or bad hardware.
    Me personally,I would not use a large Nautilus on an istick 30w,it maybe flush with that top lip sticking out,to me it looks top heavy & ready to topple over imo.
    It's good to know that the big Nautilus does not leak anymore,have they improved it since it was released or was it those BVC coils that sorted out the leaks.
    Not sure. Had one pre bvc and it was fine too. Mind you those bvcs transformed the device in terms of flavour and vapour. Speaking of good batches and bad batches, it was bad runs of coils that spurred me on to rebuilding. Had coils lasting only a few days on high vg juices. I presume that's all hunky dory again?

bd2012 wrote: »
    Not sure. Had one pre bvc and it was fine too. Mind you those bvcs transformed the device in terms of flavour and vapour. Speaking of good batches and bad batches, it was bad runs of coils that spurred me on to rebuilding. Had coils lasting only a few days on high vg juices. I presume that's all hunky dory again?

I believe the big Nautilus came out first with BDC coils I think & that was the last time I used them,with me,if something isn't quite right or not working as it should do,it stays in my mind & I would not try them out again,this sounds daft to me while typing this :D:D:D

I prefer building my own as well for the flavour & a nice throat hit,clouds don't bother me but I like heavy VG juice,the nautilus's I use is for the bedroom,they lie down flat on the duvet & no leaks,plus they don't roll with the istick attached:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yeah you're right there, the BVC coils were launched at the same time as the mini, I've never used the original ones.

This must all be very confusing for a new person since there's also smaller BDC and BVC coils that fit in things like the K1 clearos and the davide glassomiser. Too much info.

EGriff wrote: »
    Yeah you're right there, the BVC coils were launched at the same time as the mini, I've never used the original ones.

This must all be very confusing for a new person since there's also smaller BDC and BVC coils that fit in things like the K1 clearos and the davide glassomiser. Too much info.

:D:D:D I'm suffering from Old Gitology,I get confused,when buying coils which I hardly never anymore,I need to read the description 3 or 4 times.The Best Shop is fantastic for buying coils,excellent explanatory service they give.
    As you said,newbies will be overwhelmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

If you are that close to Palmerstown then I'd recommend calling into the ESI shop. Very helpful and they'll sell you a really decent starter kit that will get you off on the right track. I'm a fan of their own juices as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I've not gotten round to getting to the vape shop yet.
    Down to 4 cigs a day though since last posted. Will get the ecig sorted this week.

Thanks for all your suggestions and replies. Much obliged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭ponzook

By far the best top I have ever gotten and this is after using a lot of the more expensive ones where some cost 50 euro. At 12 euro its an absolute bargain, no leakage ever, brilliant vape and use it at 4.2 V on a 50 watt istick. You would be grand with a 30 watt one.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/gsair16.htm

Only need to replace this piece inside whenever you taste burning which is usually every six weeks.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/gsair16.htm

40w istick - battery lasts me 5 days.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/istick40w-.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Really 4.2 watts? That's 2.5 volts, does any vapour even come out ? Or is that a typo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭ponzook

EGriff wrote: »
    Really 4.2 watts? That's 2.5 volts, does any vapour even come out ? Or is that a typo?

Yep a typo I meant 4.2 V which is 11W. It can handle up to 20w. Get an excellent vape off it. Vaping at higher wattage with more expensive equipment is pointless in my opinion and I tried a lot of the more expensive which I got nothing but bother with.

Got round to this eventually. Not smoked since Saturday.
    I got the standard stick with a better atomizer. Sorry not tech savvy. Basically you change the filter every 4/5 weeks.
    Tasted a few liquids settled on wicked juice similar taste n strength to pall mall.

All good so far. I'm finding short blasts of vapor better than long drags.

Bit of a dry mouth. But was expecting this. Need to drink more water.

Here's hoping it lasts.

La.de.da wrote: »
    Got round to this eventually. Not smoked since Saturday.
    I got the standard stick with a better atomizer. Sorry not tech savvy. Basically you change the filter every 4/5 weeks.
    Tasted a few liquids settled on wicked juice similar taste n strength to pall mall.

All good so far. I'm finding short blasts of vapor better than long drags.

Bit of a dry mouth. But was expecting this. Need to drink more water.

Here's hoping it lasts.

Nice one LaDe,never heard of an atomizer that needed the filter change,do you have a name or a link to it,there is better stuff out there but for the moment it is working for you,that's the main thing,it is hard to believe that we are actually off the the old fags,even after 7 years vaping,I'm still amazed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Hey. Been smoking for 20 years and seriously need to quit. Smoke rollies so it's not that they are hugely expensive cos I only spend a tenner a week but the smell.
    I hate being a stinky smoker. There's an ivape shop in navan that seems to have a huge online presence as well. Is it recommended?
    I tried one of those fake ciggie sticks that I bought in the shopping centre. Biggest waste of money.
    Totally overwhelmed by all the different choices and don't want to set myself up for a fail but vaping is working for a lot of my friends.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Hey. Been smoking for 20 years and seriously need to quit. Smoke rollies so it's not that they are hugely expensive cos I only spend a tenner a week but the smell.
    I hate being a stinky smoker. There's an ivape shop in navan that seems to have a huge online presence as well. Is it recommended?
    I tried one of those fake ciggie sticks that I bought in the shopping centre. Biggest waste of money.
    Totally overwhelmed by all the different choices and don't want to set myself up for a fail but vaping is working for a lot of my friends.

I was a rollie smoker for 50 years,150g a week & vaping got me off them with no trouble at all,the important factor is the nicotine strength in the eliquid,I recommend starting with 24mg,this strength will stop the cravings for a smoke,as time goes on,you can drop to 18mg or less.
    The first thing you need is a battery https://irishvape.com/product/30watt-istick/
    The next thing is a atomizer https://irishvape.com/product/aspire-nautilus-mini/
    and also some spare coils 1.6ohm or 1.8ohm https://irishvape.com/product/aspire-bvc-coil/

I picked this site because you say that you are close to one of their shops,go in there & have a look at the setup I have mentioned & you can also try tasting some of their eliquid to see what it's like,you will cough a few times when you take your first vape,just like when you took your first smoke:D:D:D:D
    This setup is recommended by most of us here,check it all out on YouTube to see how it all works,YT is your friend when you need vaping reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Good advice from YDS. Keep it simple when starting off. The iStick is a great device, have a couple of them myself, and have heard good things about the nautilus mini. If you are going to go to a physical vape shop, then if the staff are pushy and are trying to sell you the latest sub ohm kit @400w for €150, then walk out. If they are helpful and go with what YDS has suggested or some variant there of then great.

Best of luck and if you have any questions just ask here, we're a pretty friendly lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Good on you.
    I came off a small pouch a day habit with no major hassle about 6 weeks ago. I still want a smoke every so often, but it's want, not need....
    I'd tried the fake smokes before but they were useless for me.
    Start off with 24mg liquid - there's a strong hit and your body gets to want that more than a smoke. After a week or so you could think about going down to 18mg.
    Get into a shop and try out loads of flavours - there's more than just tobacco flavours out there. Once you settle on a regular one you can live with you can start experimenting with others.

I went with the Joyetech eGrip as it has the tank built into the body, and that's better for me than one with the tank sitting up on top - I tend to break stuff. They're on special in e-shop (can't post links yet) for 50 euros. Replacement coils are about 4 euros each.

And have spares - the last thing you want is to go back on the smokes because of a failed coil or lack of liquid, or something equally stupid.

Nice one LaDe,never heard of an atomizer that needed the filter change,do you have a name or a link to it,there is better stuff out there but for the moment it is working for you,that's the main thing,it is hard to believe that we are actually off the the old fags,even after 7 years vaping,I'm still amazed...

Sorry was sleepy when I posted last night. Don't think it's called an atomizer. It's where you put the liquid in. There's a teeny tiny part in that needs changing every 6 weeks.
    It's essentially an I stick I have.
    I went with the 18 mg nicotine after tasting a few it was the nicest option.

I am finding though, my digestion is all over the place don't know if this is a result of not smoking or of the vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Sorry if I'm being stupid but this seem to have some of the parts recommended. Is this worth buying? Looks less bulky? https://irishvape.com/product/aspire-premium-kit/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Sorry if I'm being stupid but this seem to have some of the parts recommended. Is this worth buying? Looks less bulky? https://irishvape.com/product/aspire-premium-kit/

I wouldn't recommend it. The iStick is not that big and it has a decent battery life and will allow you to control the power supplied to the atomizer very precisely.

As an ex-rollie smoker I think you will love and have the best chance of good vape time with an iStick + Nautilus + Tobacco like juice (Liqua French Pipe or Virginia).

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

8mm wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend it. The iStick is not that big and it has a decent battery life and will allow you to control the power supplied to the atomizer very precisely.

As an ex-rollie smoker I think you will love and have the best chance of good vape time with an iStick + Nautilus + Tobacco like juice (Liqua French Pipe or Virginia).

Liqua Cuban Cigar is my day-to-day. It tastes nothing like a Cuban Cigar, but it's nice.

Just wondering is a bubbling/crackling sound normal when taking a pull on the pipe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

La.de.da wrote: »
    Just wondering is a bubbling/crackling sound normal when taking a pull on the pipe?

In its of clearos/tanks, it's normal yeah.

The salesperson lied btw. you won't get 6 weeks from the coil/atomizer. More like 2, or 3 at a push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement