Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick Reviews - Liquid

• 26-07-2011 9:24pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Post your reviews of liquids here. I expect this thread may naturally stay near the top but if it doesn't I will sticky it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Tobacco Mint 11mg, 1/3VG and 2/3PG
    €9.99 for 30ml bottle.
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/premium-eliquid/tbs-premium-eliquid-30ml/prod_170.html

Needed something with lower nicotine content that gives me a good throat hit, plenty of flavour with a good dose of vapour and this does the trick.
    In comparison i have been using Premium RY4 18mg from thebestshop which is also very nice but the tobacco mint gives you that extra kick even at 11mg.
    Tobacco Mint is a great mix of flavours, got a 10ml bottle to try it and it did not last long !
    Got a 18mg bottle then and that is way too strong for me so now i know for sure the 11mg is right for me. (For the moment)

Using Joye eGo-T
    "A" Mega Atomizer

Flavour - 9 (Great combination)
    Throat Hit - 8 (strong throat hit )
    Vapor - 8 - ( Plenty of vapour )

Not tried enough juices yet to give a perfect 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Anyone have any insight on the new formula Joye Tobacco on thevapourstore?

Here's my quick 2 cent.

Heaven Gifts HG Oils.

Taste 10/10
    Superb high quality flavours, I tried Roasted Coffee, Chocolate and Virginia and found all three tasted very similar to the real deal, which can sometimes not be the case at all with some flavours/juices!

Throat hit/Vapour - 5/10
    What a let down after opening the bottles and smelling the delicious flavours, these oils don't produce enough vape imo and with very little throat hit, while this might suit folks looking for an ultra smooth and discreet vape, personally wasn't for me.

More to follow soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Samba wrote: »

Here's my quick 2 cent.

Heaven Gifts HG Oils.

Throat hit/Vapour - 5/10
    What a let down after opening the bottles and smelling the delicious flavours, these oils don't produce enough vape imo and with very little throat hit, while this might suit folks looking for an ultra smooth and discreet vape, personally wasn't for me.

More to follow soon...

Thanks for that, it's very important to me to have lots of vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Ill have a few to post in here so any feedback on how i wright them is welcome :D
    im only vapeing about 2 months

1st up is from strictlyejuice.com Pineapple 12 mg

Medium vapor production
    Very much Pineaple in taste but also a dry after taste and a higher hit then i would expect for 12mg
    Hint of sweetness

Not an allday vape for me but is nice from time to time as a change.
    It is a true pineapple unlike some others that taste more like piña colada with added pineapple.

I dont belive in number rateings as opinion changes from person to person so i wont give any in my posts

Device used
    Ego-T and driped 510 @ 3.7Volts

• Registered Users Posts: 35 velocivaper

Won't get delivery of some french pipe from the SD shop until tomorow, but had bought some of the Silky 24 mg from the bestshop last week. Tried it first thing today having no other option, used a clean cart.
    Plenty of Vapour and I presume Nicotine is not a problem given its labelled strength, but it was curiously unsatisfying; very mild. If this was my first vape having given up cigarettes I would have felt I had made a mistake.
    Made me think that for me personally taste is just as important (maybe more so) than Nicotine content.
    This I hasten to add is not a reflection of the apparently excellent bestshop, but more a case of horses for courses.

• Advertisement

Strictlyejuice.com Orange Cream Soda 12 mg

Medium vapor production
    Very harsh orange in taste and enough hit to satisfy.

Not an allday vape for me i tend to avoid it.
    best description is the orange fizz dip shops use to sell in the 80s

Device used
    Ego-T

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jo Satan

Vermillion River - Caramel Cappachino - 15mg

Very pleasant flavour, sweet creamy coffee. Average amount of vapour with a mild throat hit.

Vermillion River - Premium Kentucky Blend - 20mg

The finest tasting juice I've had so far, tastes the way pipe tobacco smells from a can or pouch, it has good vapour and medium throat hit - nnnnnnnnice

I got a sample bag of 12 vermillion road flavours in 3ml bottles from UK-Eliquid, so I'll try two more in a day or two

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Samba wrote: »

Just got a bottle this morning so early impressions. I ordered a 12mg bottle as I am looking to drop my nic intake. It's the same light yellow colour so not any of the other variants we have heard about. Throat hit as good as can be expected on my tank here at work considering the drop in nic. Enough to keep me on it. Taste is not far off the original Joye. It's definitely not the same but I think it's close enough. So in summary worth a punt but I may change my mind after some prolonged vaping. I'll report back.

mewso wrote: »
    Just got a bottle this morning so early impressions. I ordered a 12mg bottle as I am looking to drop my nic intake. It's the same light yellow colour so not any of the other variants we have heard about. Throat hit as good as can be expected on my tank here at work considering the drop in nic. Enough to keep me on it. Taste is not far off the original Joye. It's definitely not the same but I think it's close enough. So in summary worth a punt but I may change my mind after some prolonged vaping. I'll report back.

I grew impatient and decided to find out for myself, more or less agree with what you had to say, almost has a mild nutty flavour though? not quite the same but good enough!

I also tested out the Menthol (11mg) reminds me of a Fox's Glacier mint, nice fresh mint taste. Vape production isn't quite as good as the tobacco flavour though but still decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Tidied up off-topic posts and stickied thread. Let's keep this to reviews and comments on those reviews.

• Advertisement

RY4 18mg from the bestshop.

10/10 ,I finally found my all day vape.It's fantastic, it's like a mixture of tobacco with a sweet after taste, truly delicious.And at €11 for 30ml it's a steal.

Taste 10/10

Vape/throat hit 9/10

2 this time

Another one from strictlyejuice.com Caramel 12 mg

Like the other juice from this vender im finding more of a TH then other 11/12mg strenth stuff.
    Medium vapor production.
    I would describe the taste as a smokeie/slightly burnt caramel [burnt tast is defo not from the atty]

I haveant used alot of this as i was after more of a smoth silky taste.

Ego-T,clearomizer and driped 510 @ 3.7Volts

VG Coconut 14mg from Liberty Flights

This is the 1st juice i would call an allday vape for me

Nice smooth taste and that hint of coconut on the exhale is devine.
    Plums of vapor,so much so that its distracting if your watching something or trying to drive :D

I mix 10-20% distiled water to help it wick in the ego

The TH is very soft [something common with VG]

Ego-T and driped 510 @ 3.7Volts

• Registered Users Posts: 5 davequig

What is the closet flavor anyone has found to the real thing? I smoke golden virginia roll ups

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

I would say the tobacco flavour. Sorry I know it sounds straight forward!

I've only tried one Virginia flavour and that was the HG (Heaven Gifts Oil), it was very expensive in comparison to their other liquids and I expected a lot from them. All tasted great and I was actually quite shocked how much it tasted like golden Virginia rolling tobacco, problem as I said above though is the liquids are quite thick and dark, throat hit was non-existent and it clogs up the atty very quickly. Other than that tasted like the real deal but with no throat hit and very light vape production it was useless for me.

I'm sure you will have no problem finding a better one elsewhere that should taste pretty close

Edit - Liquid gone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 velocivaper

SD French Pipe 24mg
    Not really like pipe tobacco at all but definitely "continental" in flavour like a darker tobacco.Good vapour, good hit. This was my first vape ever gave up fags same day, it has enough body to satisfy a recently ex smoker.

SD Flue Cured 24mg
    Good tobacco flavour a little bit like a virginia roll up. Good vapour, good hit. This would be a another good vape for a recently ex smoker.

TSB Premium eLiquid RY4 24mg
    RY4 Very sweet honey like taste, medium tobacco flavour, lots vapour, . Very smooth low hit,a bit sticky to handle. It's a bit like a liqueur, one is ok but I wouldn't drink them all night !

TSB Premium eLiquid Tobacco mint 18mg
    Clean minty slighly tobacco flavour, good vapour, nice hit. I was slightly wary before trying this as I never liked the almost medical flavour of menthol fags, but I liked this from the first vape. An all day vape for me, going to order another 30ml bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ktala

davequig wrote: »
    What is the closet flavor anyone has found to the real thing? I smoke golden virginia roll ups

Found marlboro flavour to be the closest to the 'real thing'.A bit sweet though but i like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

TBS Premium Strawberry 18mg 10ml.
    This has has grown on me the more i use it. Plenty of vapour, nice taste and a decent throat hit.

TBS Premium Tobacco 18mg 30ml, not mad about it to be honest. Like it's missing something to go with it so got a 10ml 18mg of Tobacco mint for tomorow to blend in with it.
    Had Tobacco mint before and is a fantastic vape altogether but too much put me off my food i felt. So will get a nice ratio of those two for a good vape.
    Have plenty of 0mg Tobacco mint from before if that is required.

The TBS juice seems to be of great quality, have not bought from abroad yet.

TW Titan fluids

TW Virginia tobacco 18mg, nice tobacco flavour and good throat hit

TW Cinnamon flavour 18mg, a tasty sweet flavour with not much throat hit.I wouldn't vape this all day, it gets sickening after a while.

TW Ice menthol, 18mg, I suspect this is dekang menthol re-branded, it tastes very like it.Good throat hit and was my all day vape for a long time.

TW coffee 11mg, very tasty but little or no throat hit so it's quite useless tbh.

TW Ice Mint 18mg, beautiful taste, very like silvermints, serious vapor production.The throat hit isn't great though.

TW RY3 18mg, this is like RY4 without the sweet aftertaste, good throat hit.

TW cinnamon and TW virginia tobacco mixed together (30% cinnamon and 70% virginia) WOW!!!!!!!!

It's like RY4 on steroids!!! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!, it's real nice with a pleasant aftertaste, there's not even a hint of cinnamon, just a very nice vape.

/Legs it to the patent office.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This will be quite brief, as I'm pretty new to the scene so don't have much of a benchmark to compare these against.

I just bought some 18mg tobacco premium flavour and some 24mg Ruyan 4 flavour from TBS, along with some dual cartomizer thingies.

I found the Ruyan quite bitter and harsh on the throat, though perhaps the bottom of the cart was still a little dry when I tried it at first. The tobacco flavour is a bit smoother, but not a massive amount of flavour. At the moment though, it feels like a pretty good substitute for cigarettes, which is really my priority at the moment.

As an aside, if the cartomizer really lasts a couple of days then I think it's a great invention. I tried dripping directly onto the standard atomizer previously, but it didn't seem to work too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I've just started to use RY-4 as my regular vape, previously I had bought the Premium version from Bestshop. The premium RY-4 is a PG/VG mix and is manufactured by Hangsen as opposed to Dekang - they taste COMPLETELY different.
    The premium version doesn't really taste like tobacco at all, more of a Raspberry flavour. The taste tends to stick around long after it's been used and makes me feel a bit ill even thinking about it. The Dekang version is closer to smoking tobacco (still nothing like an analogue though) with a nutty/caramel taste - much nicer!

Dekang Dr pepper; Like vaping a really heavy industrial cleaning fluid.

Dekang Cappuchino; Sweet/burnt taste. I'd imagine coffee mixed with burnt paper tastes very similar.

Dekang almond; Tastes almondy, too sweet and overpowering.

Dekang Virginia; Not too far from the real deal but a little harsh on the throat.

Dekang Winston (Winson); Not as sweet, good tobacco flavour but a little harsh on the throat.

Dekang Marlboro; Not sweet and very much like tobacco, a little flavourless but not bad. Harsh on the throat.

Dekang Coffee; I used to really like this, it's like the stuff that comes with pre-filled carts used on cheap E-cigs. The last two batches that I got from ecirettesolutions (€3.99 and free post for 10 ml) gave me really bad head cold symptoms. I presume I had some kind of allegic reaction to one of the ingredients in it.
    The Bestshop stuff is Dekang too but didn't effect me, maybe a newer or an older version?

I suspect I'm not the only person that has a load of Eliquid sitting unused in the cupboard...

I just received 30ml of the Bestshop standard menthol, I haven't even loaded into a carto and I don't dare either, I'm trying to see if I can exchange it for something else because the stuff literally smells like antiseptic menthol. :(
    (like the stuff in saunas)

I'm officially done with Dekang liquids, everytime I stray from the Joye liquids I instantly regret buying. I did love the Halo Torque 56, but that stuff would suck the humidity out of the Sahara!

I'm really hesitant to try new liquids as a result but each time I do I'm faced with the same disappointment.

I think the Bestshop premium menthol is Hangsen as opposed to Dekang.
    I have this flavour too, it's too sweet for me but not completely awful.

ALL Hangsen liquids are sweeter than their Dekang counterparts which is worth bearing in mind if you don't like the sugary stuff.

Sorry posted wrong info, it was standard (Dekang) liquid.

mrplop wrote: »
    Dekang Dr pepper; Like vaping a really heavy industrial cleaning fluid.

Dekang Cappuchino; Sweet/burnt taste. I'd imagine coffee mixed with burnt paper tastes very similar.

Dekang almond; Tastes almondy, too sweet and overpowering.

Dekang Virginia; Not too far from the real deal but a little harsh on the throat.

Dekang Winston (Winson); Not as sweet, good tobacco flavour but a little harsh on the throat.

LOL:pac: how many industrial cleaning fluids have you vaped?

LOL:pac: how many industrial cleaning fluids have you vaped?

The Dekang Dr Pepper tastes so vile it's frightening -kind of super artificial.

I did accidentally get Airfix glue in my mouth as a child - not quite industrial cleaning fluid but it does give you great insight into the world of rotten tasting stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mrplop wrote: »
    I did accidentally get Airfix glue in my mouth as a child...
    A bit of experimentation going on? :D

Not your ornery onager

Understandably the bestshop wouldn't entertain a swap for another liquid, for safety reasons, but they were good enough to send me out a 10ml sample of the tobacco mint.

It was a another world apart from the Dekang menthol and a huge improvement but not really my thing if i'm honest, i'm now back to vaping my Joye liquids, tobacco and menthol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Just ordered two bottles from thebestshop

Tobacco Mint Premium 11mg - Not bad at all. Pretty strong hit from it, but with that cool feeling in your that mint gives you. It's been a while since I smoked a menthol, but it seems quite close. I'll be buying more of this stuff I think.

Cappuccino Premium 11mg - Gross. No hit from it at all and a quite sickly taste. Will keep it for emergencies I guess, but I don't like it at all. It's put me off straying from tobacco flavours, as it sort of adds up when you're paying €4 or more to try stuff out.

I see Cloud 9 do a sample pack - it's about £17 for 15 flavours of 5ml bottles. But they're all 0mg nicotine - anyone know if any other sample kits that do have nicotine?

Advertisement