Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shaving armageddon has finally come.

• 12-03-2020 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

When people ask me why I have so many double edge and strainght razors, shave soaps, shaving brushes, after shaves, several hones and box of a over a thousand double edge blades, I jokingly say it's my shave den. I'm ready for shave armageddon. Well after going to Lidle tonight it looks like that day has come.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

:D I had a similar feeling recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I am also quite relieved to be well stocked up on DE razors, Proraso shaving cream and post-shave balm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

Has anyone changed their shaving routine since the lockdown commenced? I bought a double edge safety razor about five years ago but I could never pick up the knack. It didn't help that I used Feather blades as a newbie to double edge shaving. I have been using a Mach 3 for the past few years. I have to shave every weekday for work so my neck is fairly raw by the weekend. Now that I have a bit more time on my hands I have started to use the double edge razor again, this time with Gillette 7 o'clock stainless steel, with some good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hey that's good to hear and sounds like a much more sensible approach. Maybe you'll improve your technique so much that by the time you return to the office you can DE shave all week and not be raw by the weekend.

I've been wondering if office life will, or even should, return to what it was. The technology is good enough to meet and share screens to be productive for years and many have the speed at home by now to take advantage. Management have been forced to accept working from home even if they were resistant before. Many are demonstrably as or more productive than before. We're more green, reducing traffic, and have no time wasted commuting. Perhaps a certain proportion of us won't be going back? It might really shake up how business do things and question the expense to have, heat, furnish, and maintain large office spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Has anyone changed their shaving routine since the lockdown commenced? I bought a double edge safety razor about five years ago but I could never pick up the knack. It didn't help that I used Feather blades as a newbie to double edge shaving. I have been using a Mach 3 for the past few years. I have to shave every weekday for work so my neck is fairly raw by the weekend. Now that I have a bit more time on my hands I have started to use the double edge razor again, this time with Gillette 7 o'clock stainless steel, with some good results.

Now not rushing out the door I use a straight razor most mornings rather than the trusty double edged Merkur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What's a good de razor to get , in Ireland pref. I use just Mach 3 which is fine to use on 3/4 days growth but if I need to shave every day it leaves my neck in tatters
    Will a Dr razor help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

cj maxx wrote: »
    What's a good de razor to get , in Ireland pref. I use just Mach 3 which is fine to use on 3/4 days growth but if I need to shave every day it leaves my neck in tatters
    Will a Dr razor help?

The DE89 is the most recommended razor to start with and is available from shaving.ie

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112508729

Read through the thread above and follow the links. You can definitely improve your shave with a little effort to retrain yourself up front.

Advertisement