Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Rebuildable Digiflavor Siren V2...MTL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Everything perfect,except the mod,it's old hat & has no Temp Control,I find the T-Priv a great mod,2 x 18650 with brilliant battery life,a little heavy but solid,something like that would do you further down the road if you decided on Advanced Vaping.
    Ideal for the 24mm Siren 2.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005386/8813007-authentic-smoktech-smok-t-priv-220w-tc-vw-vv-apv

Or go for the 30w istick & the 22mm Siren 2,which would work perfect together,it's just a matter of taste & money...:D:D

When buying from FT,split your order up into 4 orders,all will be free shipping anyway,Customs wont touch you doing it this way & less chance of losing it in the post,I've never lost anything yet over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

That looks really good and so simple to build.

Everything perfect,except the mod,it's old hat & has no Temp Control,I find the T-Priv a great mod,2 x 18650 with brilliant battery life,a little heavy but solid,something like that would do you further down the road if you decided on Advanced Vaping.
    Ideal for the 24mm Siren 2.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005386/8813007-authentic-smoktech-smok-t-priv-220w-tc-vw-vv-apv

Or go for the 30w istick & the 22mm Siren 2,which would work perfect together,it's just a matter of taste & money...:D:D

When buying from FT,split your order up into 4 orders,all will be free shipping anyway,Customs wont touch you doing it this way & less chance of losing it in the post,I've never lost anything yet over the last few years.

Yeah I'll definitely split it up. I have a couple of tc mods, namely the Smok Alien and iStick 40w tc. I hate carrying around the heavy Smok Alien so guess I could try it out on the iStick.

I'm getting sick of the many mtl tanks I have due to poor flavor and them usually burning out quite quickly. Hopefully this Siren V2 will help with these problem

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Yeah I'll definitely split it up. I have a couple of tc mods, namely the Smok Alien and iStick 40w tc. I hate carrying around the heavy Smok Alien so guess I could try it out on the iStick.

I'm getting sick of the many mtl tanks I have due to poor flavor and them usually burning out quite quickly. Hopefully this Siren V2 will help with these problem

You should possibly look in to a Merlin Mini. Either 22mm or 25mm. I just got one and I don't really build often, but that thing is about as easy as they come. Pretty damn good tank too. To be fair though, that Siren does look epic. I might have to open the wallet again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Ordered mine from FT last night, along with a few other bits and pieces, didn't split up the order :/ fingers crossed.

Ordered mine now as well. Couple of more questions.
    You mentioned using a TC mod but am I right in thinking I need a specific type of coil to do that, like nickel(ni)?
    I've ordered some pre-made kanthal coils(https://www.fasttech.com/p/4010701). Will get around to making my own at a later stage I suppose. What is the significance Coil AWG, Wire diameter and Bore diameter? Any good tutorials you could point in direction of?

Ordered mine now as well. Couple of more questions.
    You mentioned using a TC mod but am I right in thinking I need a specific type of coil to do that, like nickel(ni)?
    I've ordered some pre-made kanthal coils(https://www.fasttech.com/p/4010701). Will get around to making my own at a later stage I suppose. What is the significance Coil AWG, Wire diameter and Bore diameter? Any good tutorials you could point in direction of?

AWG is an American size,we use mm,I tend to use the American way for years because that's the way I started,habit:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLnfbCTspgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyzdYLX-6eo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crCmWTJ5EBE&t=392s

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Ordered my siren and a few other bits and bobs from Fast Tech, ordered the mod from a UK site which has already delivered. The siren from FT has a 1 week ETA but now the charger i ordered is suddenly out of stock so I dunno if they'll wait for that or send it out in different packages, the order page isn't very specific. So now i got a mod here gathering dust without a proper tank for at least a week :( bit annoying! really should have ordered the tank on a UK/IRL site, thought i wasnt in much of a rush but I guess not!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Ordered my siren and a few other bits and bobs from Fast Tech, ordered the mod from a UK site which has already delivered. The siren from FT has a 1 week ETA but now the charger i ordered is suddenly out of stock so I dunno if they'll wait for that or send it out in different packages, the order page isn't very specific. So now i got a mod here gathering dust without a proper tank for at least a week :( bit annoying! really should have ordered the tank on a UK/IRL site, thought i wasnt in much of a rush but I guess not!

If you go into your email for the order you can click to cancel whatever item is holding things up.

They issue an instant voucher for that amount that you can use another time.

Then the rest of the order should ship the following day

• Advertisement

I got this today and did my build following a few youtube vids. Everything seems fine when I'm vaping it but I have a problem with liquid leaking out through air holes at a somewhat alarming rate. What have I done wrong? Too much cotton or maybe not enough cotton?

Edit: I've changed to just using one large hole instead of multiple small holes and seems fine now. Besides this leakage issue it is really good. Great flavour and nice smooth vape

I got this today and did my build following a few youtube vids. Everything seems fine when I'm vaping it but I have a problem with liquid leaking out through air holes at a somewhat alarming rate. What have I done wrong? Too much cotton or maybe not enough cotton?

Edit: I've changed to just using one large hole instead of multiple small holes and seems fine now. Besides this leakage issue it is really good. Great flavour and nice smooth vape

I presume it is the Siren 2 that you have,I don't have one but leaks are usually caused by the way you wick it,you may have seen this video showing you how to wick the Siren 2....

Time stamp for wicking is 14mins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9HEDXcJa5w&t=1333s

I presume it is the Siren 2 that you have,I don't have one but leaks are usually caused by the way you wick it,you may have seen this video showing you how to wick the Siren 2....

Time stamp for wicking is 14mins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9HEDXcJa5w&t=1333s

Yeah this is the guy I actually followed. I think maybe i might have under done it slightly with the cotton. I suppose wicking isn't really an exact science in the way that coils are. I guess through trial and error I'll figure out what works

Yeah this is the guy I actually followed. I think maybe i might have under done it slightly with the cotton. I suppose wicking isn't really an exact science in the way that coils are. I guess through trial and error I'll figure out what works

I hate RTA's that the wicking has to be spot on,I normally do the Scottish Roll with those type of tanks,the worst tank for me was the 25mm Griffin,what a pain:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Looking forward to trying this one....mine is currently in Germany expected in Dublin tomorrow. Then it's the customs lottery time!

Trond wrote: »
    Looking forward to trying this one....mine is currently in Germany expected in Dublin tomorrow. Then it's the customs lottery time!

Where did you buy it,I only have 4 MTL tanks(iclear 30) which are old but still working great & don't leak when put on their side,as soon as my coils are finished,I'll treat myself to the Siren 2 to see if they leak on their side.

Where did you buy it,I only have 4 MTL tanks(iclear 30) which are old but still working great & don't leak when put on their side,as soon as my coils are finished,I'll treat myself to the Siren 2 to see if they leak on their side.

Cigabuy Hong Kong. The price on the Minikin Reborn was too good to ignore.

Cigabuy Hong Kong. The price on the Minikin Reborn was too good to ignore.

I was looking through Cigabuy,I was ready to purchase an Athena squonker & they wanted €6 for shipping from HK,I thought all Chinese shipping was free...

I was looking through Cigabuy,I was ready to purchase an Athena squonker & they wanted €6 for shipping from HK,I thought all Chinese shipping was free...

I paid DHL so im not sure. Fair play to them though. Marked it down as €62 instead of €130. VAT was €13 plus €14 "advanced payment" whatever the fook that is!

Ordered on the 7/11 and i'll have it later this afternoon! Not too shabby at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Gear best have this on sale for euro 19.75 shipped from china.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I paid DHL so im not sure. Fair play to them though. Marked it down as €62 instead of €130. VAT was €13 plus €14 "advanced payment" whatever the fook that is!

Ordered on the 7/11 and i'll have it later this afternoon! Not too shabby at all...

Our custom chappies seem way to on the ball these days for my liking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Free postage from China = 4-6 weeks wait time but at this time of the year ya might just get it in January :pac:

Must say the siren is going great, very happy with it. Wish I'd gotten into to this rta stuff sooner. One thing thing I'm unsure about is how often to change the coil. I've rewicked it a few times now, I dry burn before I do so and coil looks grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Must say the siren is going great, very happy with it. Wish I'd gotten into to this rta stuff sooner. One thing thing I'm unsure about is how often to change the coil. I've rewicked it a few times now, I dry burn before I do so and coil looks grand?

I'll re wick once a week and a dry burn also, some coils have lasted me months and the only reason I've changed them is to try out a different build. If I was using a highly sweetened juice I'd probably add new coils after 4/6 weeks.

Advertisement