Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does any bank do fada's on bank cards

Options
  • 30-07-2019 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Just wondering if there is any bank in Ireland that will put fada's on their debit cards? I know AIB dont but im curious if anybody is with a bank that does.

I know the old excuse was the infrastructure the older banks were using would not support it, but given that there are some players to the market like Revolut and N26 you'd have to hope that someone out there could handle having accents on cards.

Im especially thinking of the likes of German or French crowds that would be used to using umlauts on names like Günter or the acute accent in French on names like Chloé.

Anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

It would probably need a court order against a bank to spell your name properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

If this became a thing id 100% choose it.....havnt money/need to bring.bank to court to do it

But would support a crowd funding/gofundme for anyone interested in doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I don't know personally but I don't see why not. A name is not legal nor the same name if changed - and leaves them open to accusations of fraud. Nothwithstanding that there is the 'new' GDPR legislation that requires them to show how your name or personal data is stored on their databases and amend it accordingly of incorrect or face hefty fines.

I think it woild be well worh pushing.

Every other forst world country in the world can type axxurately and use modern technology to suoport their businesses -I dont see why a bank should consider itself exempt. And its not as of we are in the old days of typesetting . Irish is our official language - there is no rwason why a bank, rescued and part owned by the state,shluld refuse to adknowledge or use the legal names of its customers in an official language of this country.

Advertisement