Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hopefully not, they seemed to be making inroads into the enthusiast community lately. Jacking up the prices too that extent will just reinforce the negative image held by certain groups/people/. Retro prices have risen lately in fairness, but a €15 jump seems excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wouldn't be surprised. Christmas is the one time of year they have a huge potential for an influx of nostalgia gifts for people. Imagine receiving a Snes and ALTTP if you hadn't played once since release? That would be mind blowing.

Bit mean spirited if that's the reason though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ah sweet you remembered, I shall fix you up on your return to the Emerald Isle

I did actually look for a copy but couldn't find one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Got this Sony MSX from a guy in Spain, along with a boxed copy of Salamander. The guy was desperate for an old MSX2 VG8235, even broken.
    I had two, one of the broken so I contacted him and he offered me the MSX and game straight away... deal!

Photos aren't mine but same conditions.
    5bxpup.jpg

$_12.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really have to buy an MSX....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I got one a few months back, powered on once to make sure it worked and been hiding in the attic ever since :(

Any good exclusives for them ?

great sounding tunes too with the SCC chip on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

You want the cart ones. Especially for Aleste! I'd buy a Turbo MSX just for that.

Master of the Universe

That's a gorgeous looking computer. I want one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,773 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got one a few months back, powered on once to make sure it worked and been hiding in the attic ever since :(

Tonnes of exclusives. Konami and Falcom were very prolific on the machine. Probably an easier way of getting Japanese home computer games since buying a PC88 and games that work would be a lot of hassle.

• Advertisement

Maze of Galious and Kings Valley (1 & 2) are worth a look. They're still solid games.
    A lot of the MSX konami games versions were very different from the NES versions, some of them completely different games.
    Parodius or the Nemesis (gradius) were very different games. Even Vampire Killer (Castlevania) was very different in it's gameplay.
    Never played the NES version of the Goonies, but the MSX one was good.
    Metal Gear on MSX is a much better game too.

Treasure of USAS was a great little castlevania type platformer with great musics:

I did a series of letsplay videos a while back on the game but... well, it's in French :)

Cool, I'll have to invest in a few carts so for Xmas :)

Cool, I'll have to invest in a few carts so for Xmas :)

WANT:

http://www.msx.d4e.co.jp/1chipmsx.html

Na I'll stick with real deal and lash in a flash cart.

http://www.msxcartridgeshop.com/

Na I'll stick with real deal and lash in a flash cart.

http://www.msxcartridgeshop.com/

:eek: WANT.

Wanted a Turbo R for ages, but the prices are a bit hunky. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I did actually look for a copy but couldn't find one!

Ah I was only joking dude, but thanks anyway. If you do see one going & it's in decent shape & doesn't cut into your funds then by all means grab it & I'll fix you up when you're home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

LongZ wrote: »
    Has The R.A.G.E increased their prices lately ?
    They were already onthe high end of the spectrum but I was there again yesterday and it looked like some games had a €15 increase :eek:

30 euros for PAL Street Fighter EX2+

I do love the rage but no thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just got Micro Machines Military for the Megadrive this morning!
    It was bought from a seller on Adverts.
    Unfortunately I bought a Tectoy Megadrive cart from him, 40 in 1 jobbie.
    Bugger.
    I've Pm'd him to sort it out so waiting patiently.
    I don't want to get landed with extra postage costs though.
    Plus, he sold this to someone else!
    Where my Brazilian cart of useless games at??

I would have posted this in the "Post here when you almost get something new, or at least get something new that you didn't want and still haven't gotten the originally ordered item" but decided against this as
    1 it doesn't exist
    2 the titles too long

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Currently in Kyoto and there's an indie game shop across the road from the hotel im in. It's small but it has an awesome selection. Everything from famicom, virtual boy, wonderswan, Neo geo and up to current gen. Got myself salamander on the famicom for ¥750 and a pokemon stadium guide book for ¥80. Going to go back tomorrow for a proper rummage as there's a couple of other bits I'm thinking about.

Have you figured out the busses in Kyoto?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,773 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Currently in Kyoto and there's an indie game shop across the road from the hotel im in. It's small but it has an awesome selection. Everything from famicom, virtual boy, wonderswan, Neo geo and up to current gen. Got myself salamander on the famicom for ¥750 and a pokemon stadium guide book for ¥80. Going to go back tomorrow for a proper rummage as there's a couple of other bits I'm thinking about.

If there's a copy of Gimmick for 100 yen I'll take it.

I know a guy with a Famicom who would love a cheap copy of Parodius and Salamander, then would shower you in money upon your return!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Get me something nice :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

This arrived the other day.. wanted it for ages, just need to build a cab around it now!

1.jpg

20141115_104442.jpg

20141115_104455.jpg

20141115_104514.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

keithgeo wrote: »
    This arrived the other day.. wanted it for ages, just need to build a cab around it now!

1.jpg

20141115_104442.jpg

20141115_104455.jpg

20141115_104514.jpg

Very nice. Anyone ever see one of those cabs around?

They used to have on in the bowling alley in palmerstown years ago.

Master of the Universe

keithgeo wrote: »
    They used to have on in the bowling alley in palmerstown years ago.

Nice pickup.

They had the two player version in a pub in Wicklow we went to as kids. (Ah, the pub life of a 90s kid :pac:)

Got my hands on that PCB recently too myself. I'm so used to small Konami boards that I got quite a shock when I saw the size of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Is it the 2p or 4p version? Or is that just a different rom on the same board?

its the 2p version, you can select a character, im pretty sure its just a rom change anyways to sort that out. If i do up a cab for it it will only be two player id say, dont want a big huge control panel.

• Advertisement

I picked up Valkyria Chronicles yesterday for the princely sum of a tenner.
    And I elected to hang onto the Micro Machines Military for the MD and threw him another fiver for the Tectoy 40 in 1 cart.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement