Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Metro Exodus (PC, PS, XB)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭jones

Got this on the PS4 pro on PSN sale so going to give it a bash later. Any tips for a metro newbie? Heard it looks great on the pro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jones wrote: »
    Got this on the PS4 pro on PSN sale so going to give it a bash later. Any tips for a metro newbie? Heard it looks great on the pro

Metro is no run and gun, resources are limited, take your time and nail head shots. Fairly tough but excellent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The Enhanced Edition is out now, free if you already own the original - it will show up in your library as a separate game with a completely unique install so you can remove the old one safely. A ray-tracing capable GPU is a hard requirement. I'm only at the first open section again but it is definitely prettier, I think that is more to do with DLSS2 now instead of 1 on the original version, though the lighting is also better with 100% RT generation and breathtaking at times. What I'm most impressed with is how much better it runs. The original @4k/basic RT/DLSS1 on my older 2080 was playable...just...with some nasty FPS drops probably averaging in around 45fps. It's now on a 3090 but even with the additional full RT and newer textures etc. , basically everything on Ultra, it's running nicely at around 80FPS with no stuttering or other annoying issues. Also native Windows Spatial Audio support is beautifully handled with the Dolby Atmos headphone plugin.
    I did one playthrough on the original and was ready to start the DLCs when news of this came out a while back so have held off until now. Looking forward to diving back in properly this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I enjoyed it and the American DLC

Was playing it on and off until early this year when I got a 3080

Damn its a good looking game.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1801980719254206055/91979800802B508CEA12707D58DF5DF01389AA60/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Really want to get this but it's a bit dear for a game that's 2 years old. Still waiting for a more significant price drop.
    Looks like a more tolerable Far Cry 2.

€11.99 on Steam right now if you're on pc, great game. Could do with a discount on PS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭brady12

just finished this tonight on ps5 and bought immediately both dlcs . what a brilliant game . i started all the metro's and never finished them . started this in summer and parked it to finish other stuff but went back start this month . story , characters and world so good . really loved moving with the train . a 9/10 for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭brady12

finished two colonels dlc today despite being very hungover and enjoyed it 😃. played first hour of sam's dlc and loved it . very cool setting and be interesting see where it goes . but prob leave it for awhile as i'm starting demon souls for first time now .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sams DLC >>>>>>> 2 Colonels

Would love to play a full game with Sam and the weapon he gets.

Advertisement