Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Barrythe chopper

Hey guys I just looked up this page and I am kinda freaking out I lived in Australia and New Zealand for a year and 6 months respectively, Ive just read that I need police certs from Australia and New Zealand because of the time I was in them, Its this true? and if I apply for them now would I have them for Friday when the IEC open? or am i completely screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Hey guys I just looked up this page and I am kinda freaking out I lived in Australia and New Zealand for a year and 6 months respectively, Ive just read that I need police certs from Australia and New Zealand because of the time I was in them, Its this true? and if I apply for them now would I have them for Friday when the IEC open? or am i completely screwed?

1) Yes you need Police Certs from any Country you have lived in for over 6 months!

2) Police Certs are only required for Stage 2 so you don't need them for Stage 1 on Thursday!

Thanks so much dude I was in a blind panic ill apply for the other one straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

Phoenix wrote: »
    Regarding the police cert must the request be done in writing to the superintendant or can a request be made over the phone?

It needs to be accompanied by some ID like a birth cert or passport scan, so I don't think a phone call would cut it. Some garda stations are okay with dropping in in person with some ID, and they forward it to the superintendent, if that helps?

• Advertisement

i have the irish one already but didn't see the notice for the other countries until today

i have the irish one already but didn't see the notice for the other countries until today

Get them applied for this week mate so you will have them for Stage 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thedeiseman

I'm slightly confused. Are police Certs to be submitted with your cv and passport documents, or is there another stage after you pay the fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I'm a little confused by one question in the Kompass registration. :P
    "Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd) (as shown in passport) Provide your date of birth exactly as in your passport and in the requested format. This cannot be changed after your Kompass account is created."

So should I put it in the format requested, even though that's not the format it's in on my passport?

• Advertisement

Yes put it in as requested. (YYYY-MM-DD)!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked already, I applied for and received my Irish and Australian police clearance Certs in October, I thought the application was going to open before Christmas!! Both are older than 3 months now, I know I will have to reapply for the Irish one again but is the Australian one still ok?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked already, I applied for and received my Irish and Australian police clearance Certs in October, I thought the application was going to open before Christmas!! Both are older than 3 months now, I know I will have to reapply for the Irish one again but is the Australian one still ok?

Thanks

I don't know but I was in same boat as got 1st set of certs in December. I reapplied for both to be on the safe side.

I mean its not like they're gonna change esp as I haven't been back in Oz since they issued it but it's only about 30 quid so better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chocpeanuts

Does anyone know if you can apply to round 2 if you get rejected for round 1? Also does anyone have a rough idea of when round 2 might be opened?

Does anyone know if you can apply to round 2 if you get rejected for round 1? Also does anyone have a rough idea of when round 2 might be opened?

If you get rejected at Round 1 for say a Criminal Conviction, then no you can't apply for Round 2 as the same thing will happen!

If you happen to just miss out on Round 1 by some chance, you can go for Round 2 when it opens!

Apparently it's suppose to open on the 29th, though that's not confirmed!

EI-DOR wrote: »
    If you get rejected at Round 1 for say a Criminal Conviction, then no you can't apply for Round 2 as the same thing will happen!

If you happen to just miss out on Round 1 by some chance, you can go for Round 2 when it opens!

Hi thanks for the info! I am just a bit worried as my passport is only valid for another year. If I do get rejected because of that, I was hoping I might have enough time to renew before the second round opens...

You can still apply to Round 1 with your current Passport. If you get a visa then you need to get a new passport and take the two Passports with you to Canada to show at the customs.

OR,

You can try and get one now before Round 2 opens!

You can still apply to Round 1 with your current Passport. If you get a visa then you need to get a new passport and take the two Passports with you to Canada to show at the customs.

OR,

You can try and get one now before Round 2 opens!

Hi thanks again, yes I can't decide which to go with! I would just need to be sure I would have the passport before Round 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DeclanSharkey

We have 10 days to upload required documents and make payment after we get a response from our application. Does anyone know if we'll miss out inside those 10 days? I'll be out of the country for 3 days after I make the application. Will I be safe enough? or should I get someone to upload them for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

We have 10 days to upload required documents and make payment after we get a response from our application. Does anyone know if we'll miss out inside those 10 days? I'll be out of the country for 3 days after I make the application. Will I be safe enough? or should I get someone to upload them for me?

AFAIK your place in the queue is "held" until those 10 days are up.

Am open to correction though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 DeclanSharkey

AFAIK your place in the queue is "held" until those 10 days are up.

Am open to correction though.

Ok, thanks for the reply

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 LMellows

What's the deal with uploading a CV, does it absolutely have to be in the format of their template or is it ok so long as your CV has everything they specify (which it obviously would anyway)?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jack157

Hey everyone,
    What way should i go about for flights? Most airlines won't let you book a return date if it's over a year since departure. Can you still get open ended tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ck24

jack157 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    What way should i go about for flights? Most airlines won't let you book a return date if it's over a year since departure. Can you still get open ended tickets?

I assume you're going over on the IEC? Just book a one way flight. As long as you have 2500 CAD in your bank account a one way flight is all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

ck24 wrote: »
    I assume you're going over on the IEC? Just book a one way flight. As long as you have 2500 CAD in your bank account a one way flight is all you need.

and insurance

When is the second round of places?

They haven't announced yet. Keep checking the website!

They haven't announced yet. Keep checking the website!
    Roughly when is it usually? Would it be after the 10 day period the first round of people have to complete Stage 1?

Roughly when is it usually? Would it be after the 10 day period the first round of people have to complete Stage 1?

Usually 2 weeks after Stage 1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Hi thanks for the info! I am just a bit worried as my passport is only valid for another year. If I do get rejected because of that, I was hoping I might have enough time to renew before the second round opens...

Don't worry it's fine. Get a new passport and you can update your passport details in your kompass account. You need it to be valid for your entire stay when you arrive.

Advertisement