Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cait84

It's fine if you can't submit all your documents at once, if there is anything you don't have such as a police certificates this can be submitted when you get them. You can just attached a letter to your application explaining this. There is no need to panic just take your time and complete it properly. In fairness I applied for police clearance from Australia and it was literally approved overnight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭warehouse1

How come i cant create an iec kompass account. I tried to create an account today so that i would have most of my application ready for when the visas come out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

warehouse1 wrote: »
    How come i cant create an iec kompass account. I tried to create an account today so that i would have most of my application ready for when the visas come out

You can't create a Kompass account until at least one category of visa (WHV/internship/young professionals) is open. Last year the WHV category was the last to open so you could create the account before the opening of WHV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭warehouse1

You can't create a Kompass account until at least one category of visa (WHV/internship/young professionals) is open. Last year the WHV category was the last to open so you could create the account before the opening of WHV.

Thanks. How will i know when it is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

You'll have to look regularly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Keep checking the IEC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp

There's also a new (and quite detailed) application guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/IEC.asp

The new IEC website is a huge improvement on the previous system of having seperate sites for each country. Hopefully by having all the info in one place there'll be a bit less confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

How much advance warning is usually given?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 scubie steve

My job situation has changed and I have a working holiday visa that I need to activate before July 4th 2015. My question is this can you defer/delay the visa for a year? Any help would be much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

My job situation has changed and I have a working holiday visa that I need to activate before July 4th 2015. My question is this can you defer/delay the visa for a year? Any help would be much appreciated

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 halokid

hey peeps, great thread, it defo helps with the confusing process!

My question is I have a kompass account already, i'm hoping to apply for the 2015 visa (when they're out). However as my account says 2014 ( I opened it in 0ct- 2014, but never applied for anything) I know folks have mentioned this won't work hence I need to open a 2015 kompass account, then get to work on the app and apply when they open the visa's up.

However the website doesn't allow you to open a 2015 account yet!

So i cant fill in all the necessary details and apply when the visa is available! :(

any help or advice is much obliged, thanks

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

Nothing you can do unfortunately, except wait until they open up registration again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 halokid

Thanks Amy, so essentially we'll get 24 hrs notice or whatever it is before the visas are released, then with that notice

we should be able to open the 2015 kompass account, work on it, and submit when the window opens?

I hope we don't have to wait until the actual visa window opens before being able to open a 2015 account.

Theres no way we could do that, fill it in, submit etc in time, seeing as the last ones went in 20 mins or whatever!

we can't submit prior right, no such thing as a 'waiting list'?

halokid wrote: »
    Thanks Amy, so essentially we'll get 24 hrs notice or whatever it is before the visas are released, then with that notice

we should be able to open the 2015 kompass account, work on it, and submit when the window opens?

That's the way it worked last year, but it was a lot more than 24 hour notice I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

anyone know if you only get one chance at the iec visa?
    i received mine a year ago but couldnt go at the time due at family stuff.
    heard you can only apply once, is this still the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Does anybody have any experience with uploading a document after the closing date.
    I uploaded all the documents and a letter of explanation before my closing date, however now that I have received my Garda clearance there doesn't seem to be anyway of uploading the document.
    From my reading of the website it seems that when my case is being processed I will be contacted to upload the files but I am wondering if anybody can confirm this (or even an email for queries that isn't the technical help)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

Does anybody have any experience with uploading a document after the closing date.
    I uploaded all the documents and a letter of explanation before my closing date, however now that I have received my Garda clearance there doesn't seem to be anyway of uploading the document.
    From my reading of the website it seems that when my case is being processed I will be contacted to upload the files but I am wondering if anybody can confirm this (or even an email for queries that isn't the technical help)

I too am in the same boat as yourself RDM, anybody confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaknowmyname

Just a question for moving there, I'm moving over with the 2 year IEC in March 2015 and was looking to bring €6,500 / $9,200CAD, I am looking to get work as soon as I get there (in my degree field) and have a friend putting me up for about 2 weeks, am I bringing too much? Sorry just have no idea about this stuff. My flights and insurance are already paid for so the amount above is the amount I'm bringing, cheers for any help! Also I'm moving to Vancouver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

6500 is exactly what I brought the first time I went, and I partied for 2 months when I arrived. I reckon you'll be fine. Bring as much as you can as it IS hard to get degree related work, but I was gone to Toronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaknowmyname

Cheers, Ya not looking to travel / party until I get sorted :D was contacting a few potential employers and feedback was good! Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Cheers, Ya not looking to travel / party until I get sorted :D was contacting a few potential employers and feedback was good! Cheers!

That's fair enough, just make sure you have fun. Canada is certainly a place to do that.

• Advertisement

I too am in the same boat as yourself RDM, anybody confirm?

I got notified that my myCIC account status had changed and when I logged in I had to submit the Police Certificate, I'd uploaded everything including letter of explanation on the 19th so I am not sure how many Canadian working days have passed.
    Have to say don't love the application system at all with its asking for numbers and expiry dates that aren't there

Was that today, RDM_83_again?

(Just curious because my partner hasn't heard a peep about his application since the start of December, and we're hoping that the remaining 2014 applications aren't going to end up overlapping with the 2015 opening dates).

AmyPL wrote: »

(Just curious because my partner hasn't heard a peep about his application since the start of December, and we're hoping that the remaining 2014 applications aren't going to end up overlapping with the 2015 opening dates).

Yes just today, my dates from the top of my head were got through first stage at end of November, got issued the letter thing needed for stage 2 completion on the 5th of December with an end date of 20th of Dec, I submitted on the 19th with a letter of explanation about missing police cert, today I got email about having a new message on myCIC about having to submit a document (my police cert).
    So at the minute my final confirmation hasn't been approved but I do know somebody is at least looking at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 9nlik1mqejofsw

Hi All!

Just a quick question. Any on shave any links that show you the requirements for you C.V for the application. The one in the main post isn't working for me and I can't seem to find anything reliable online? First time applying so I don't wanna take any risks.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stevoy17

When usually does 1st stage opens and how do we find out when it opens

Hi All!

Just a quick question. Any on shave any links that show you the requirements for you C.V for the application. The one in the main post isn't working for me and I can't seem to find anything reliable online? First time applying so I don't wanna take any risks.

Thanks.

The application guide has a template. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/IEC.asp

I've reported the OP to ask for the links to be updated - the website has changed a lot since last year.
    Stevoy17 wrote: »
    When usually does 1st stage opens and how do we find out when it opens

Last year it opened around Paddys day, but it could be different this year. You just have to keep checking the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cait84

AmyPL wrote: »

I applied for my work permit in December too and I got my POE the other day so he will probably hear soon

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Just a question for moving there, I'm moving over with the 2 year IEC in March 2015 and was looking to bring €6,500 / $9,200CAD, I am looking to get work as soon as I get there (in my degree field) and have a friend putting me up for about 2 weeks, am I bringing too much? Sorry just have no idea about this stuff. My flights and insurance are already paid for so the amount above is the amount I'm bringing, cheers for any help! Also I'm moving to Vancouver

The more you can bring, the better. Don't underestimate how long it takes to get skilled work here. My fiancé got very lucky and started an entry level job with a small company in the private sector after about 2 months of being here, but I was offered a job within the public sector around the same time and it has yet to start. They keep telling me it will be any day now, but they've been saying that since the start of December*! The amount of bureaucracy is unbelievable in certain areas.

We didn't party hard or spend money foolishly, but we still ran out of money much quicker than we'd expected.

*Christmas did have a big role to play in this delay, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I got notified that my myCIC account status had changed and when I logged in I had to submit the Police Certificate, I'd uploaded everything including letter of explanation on the 19th so I am not sure how many Canadian working days have passed.
    Have to say don't love the application system at all with its asking for numbers and expiry dates that aren't there

My OH uploaded everything on the 19th too. Got a message at some stage over christmas to say someone had looked at the application but nothing since! Hopefully hear something soon!

• Advertisement

You and I are in a similar boat then gg2! :)

Advertisement