Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€50 Draft League H2H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

klopparama wrote: »
    I’d swap right now.

It’s not possible. Maybe next GW

Great move by ‘winging it’ bringing in Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Canny management.

Well played.

And of course I’m playing you this week.

Any Arsenal fans in this league ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Great move by ‘winging it’ bringing in Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Canny management.

Well played.

And of course I’m playing you this week.

Thanks. Unfortunately I think I brought him in for Pepe. You win some, you lose some.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Any Arsenal fans in this league ?

I think a lot of us support Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Cross post from GW17 transfers thread, thought I would get other draft players opinions here.

Following deal on the table for me in Draft. What do you think?

My Kane and Bilva for Tammy and Maddison?

I am also pushing to include my Emerson/D Luiz for his Vertonghen.

I already have Son and Vardy but no City or Chelsea attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Cross post from GW17 transfers thread, thought I would get other draft players opinions here.

Following deal on the table for me in Draft. What do you think?

My Kane and Bilva for Tammy and Maddison?

I am also pushing to include my Emerson/D Luiz for his Vertonghen.

I already have Son and Vardy but no City or Chelsea attackers.

Just to clarify, the draft example is a hypothetical right? Otherwise I’m wondering who is offering out my precious Tammy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    Just to clarify, the draft example is a hypothetical right? Otherwise I’m wondering who is offering out my precious Tammy :)

Separate draft league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Yeah in a different league!

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Yeah in a different league!

I wouldn’t sell Kane and Bilva for many and certainly not for those.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think a lot of us support Liverpool.

I was looking maybe to do a trade and I was looking for an Arsenal fan to tempt with Ozil.

Worked out well for me earlier in the season when I offered the Spurs fan Alli for Cancelo.

Why are people thinking of this league ?

I’m still enjoying it but finding it hard work/frustrating.

We are not doing many transfers among ourselves.

Looks like one manager has dropped out already which is a shame.

How do we improve on that next year ? I can’t think of a way to incentivise other than to make last place pay double the original fee which would be messy to organise.

Why are people thinking of this league ?

I’m still enjoying it but finding it hard work/frustrating.

We are not doing many transfers among ourselves.

Looks like one manager has dropped out already which is a shame.

How do we improve on that next year ? I can’t think of a way to incentivise other than to make last place pay double the original fee which would be messy to organise.

The last place idea is a good one, but as you’ve said, very messy to organise.

I think this league is a good one. As much as I always like easy money, there is a certain challenge to knowing you won’t be able to get the easy way around like in other leagues where you know you’ll likely be first to every great emerging option, regardless of whether you’re on an early pick in the waivers.

The last place idea is a good one, but as you’ve said, very messy to organise.

I think this league is a good one. As much as I always like easy money, there is a certain challenge to knowing you won’t be able to get the easy way around like in other leagues where you know you’ll likely be first to every great emerging option, regardless of whether you’re on an early pick in the waivers.

Most being Liverpool fans is also interesting.

People were quicker on to the availability of Ox for example.

Also seen someone pick up Keita this GW too. Very very good buy but maybe a tad too early. I didn’t go for him as I’ve a decent midfield 5 and would prefer a guaranteed starter. He could be a real option, in the main game, quite soon.

That all said does the geezer I swapped Alli to wanna swap back ? Jokin like.

The examples of what you said about standard nearly seems to be working against some because they are getting in players a bit too early. I see players coming in but then gone again within a couple of GW’s only to come good eventually.

It’s also hard to know when to hold, or not, you’re injured players. I spent the first couple of months with a fully injured bench only to end up getting rid of most of them anyway. Well that’s my memory of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I was also thinking if you doubled the entry fee and paid out first, second and third it might make things more interesting for more people to the very end - still doesn’t keep the people at the very bottom interested I know. Maybe break the season into quarter and having 4 spot prizes either.

In some ways I like the weekly interest head to head gives but our top 6 is pretty tightly bunched on classic scoring too.

Maybe doubling the entry fee but everyone, except last place, gets half the fee back at the end of the season.

The examples of what you said about standard nearly seems to be working against some because they are getting in players a bit too early. I see players coming in but then gone again within a couple of GW’s only to come good eventually.

It’s also hard to know when to hold, or not, you’re injured players. I spent the first couple of months with a fully injured bench only to end up getting rid of most of them anyway. Well that’s my memory of it.

Yeah weighing up keeping injured players v the need to win the weekly H2H is very tricky.

That was me that got Keïta. He’s definitely showing signs of finally being an fpl asset - let’s just hope he can get through the next few weeks without getting injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I think the way the season is going has a big say.

The leader is running away with it, so it is very difficult to catch. He’s not gonna alter & then the rest take punts.

It’s the nature Of the beast. However if more premium players starting playing well then I’d see it differently.

Yeah weighing up keeping injured players v the need to win the weekly H2H is very tricky.

That was me that got Keïta. He’s definitely showing signs of finally being an fpl asset - let’s just hope he can get through the next few weeks without getting injured.

I think before the season ends it’ll be Fabinho, Keita and one other in that midfield.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I think the way the season is going has a big say.

The leader is running away with it, so it is very difficult to catch. He’s not gonna alter & then the rest take punts.

It’s the nature Of the beast. However if more premium players starting playing well then I’d see it differently.
    Jesus I wish I shared your confidence. 6 of my 13 wins have been by 6 or less points. Including the bonus point impact that’s often one return being decisive.

I was fortunate enough that I got a front 6 (plus Felipe Anderson who hasn’t got going for me at all) who I never had to tinker with. I need to hope Mane, Jimenez, Maupay, Tammy, Grealish and Mahrez keep fit and on form because being last to pick every week would keep me behind the curve in terms of replacing them.

• Advertisement

Jesus.

Linton and Ayew the heroes for the dead team with Aguero starting on his bench obviously.

I’m having a bad FPL weekend.

I was heading into a close one before that Liverpool game. Then Trent goes and does that. F*cking hell he is incredible.

I was heading into a close one before that Liverpool game. Then Trent goes and does that. F*cking hell he is incredible.

You’re going to be very hard to catch with that Liverpool trio.

You’re going to be very hard to catch with that Liverpool trio.

If they can keep the pace they’re going, they will be huge yeah.

I will be last choice in waivers for all the January transfers though. That won’t help in the H2H format where a few weeks of coming up against the guy who has a monster score on that given week, can change a whole lot very quickly.

If they can keep the pace they’re going, they will be huge yeah.

I will be last choice in waivers for all the January transfers though. That won’t help in the H2H format where a few weeks of coming up against the guy who has a monster score on that given week, can change a whole lot very quickly.

I hear ya but we all (most of us) have 70-80% of the players we will keep until the end so I don’t see it making a big difference.

It’s the weeks you win by 2, 5 or even 7 points that win you this league. Especially if you do it more often than not.

Let’s face it. Your lead hasn’t really reduced and those waivers haven’t made any great dent in your lead.

But I understand you not being overly confident. Hopeful yeah and I think we’d all be the same in your position.

I hear ya but we all (most of us) have 70-80% of the players we will keep until the end so I don’t see it making a big difference.

It’s the weeks you win by 2, 5 or even 7 points that win you this league. Especially if you do it more often than not.

Let’s face it. Your lead hasn’t really reduced and those waivers haven’t made any great dent in your lead.

But I understand you not being overly confident. Hopeful yeah and I think we’d all be the same in your position.
    No, you're absolutely right. Anyone in my position would be delighted and optimistic with that position.

Every win I have already got is a cushion for which I'm more than grateful, but even from the position I'm in, you probably don't win that league without a higher than 50% win ratio from the remaining games, so have to keep winning unless nobody else goes on a run in the 2nd half of the season and everyone just keeps trading wins and losses each week (which is kind of what has happened in the first half of the season with alot of people looking like they'll be on between 8 and 11 wins).

Reckon 24 wins is probably the amount that wins it. Maybe 26/27 if I don't hit a dip at all which seems unlikely.

No, you're absolutely right. Anyone in my position would be delighted and optimistic with that position.

Every win I have already got is a cushion for which I'm more than grateful, but even from the position I'm in, you probably don't win that league without a higher than 50% win ratio from the remaining games, so have to keep winning unless nobody else goes on a run in the 2nd half of the season and everyone just keeps trading wins and losses each week (which is kind of what has happened in the first half of the season with alot of people looking like they'll be on between 8 and 11 wins).

Reckon 24 wins is probably the amount that wins it. Maybe 26/27 if I don't hit a dip at all which seems unlikely.

Must say your team looks way ahead on paper - you’ve 6/7 players I’d definitely want to keep whereas most other teams have 3/4. Injuries and luck can always play a part of course - if fixtures fell the right way you could win the rest of your games with the 7th highest score each week.

But if I was a bookie id have you a short odds on to win it.

Must say your team looks way ahead on paper - you’ve 6/7 players I’d definitely want to keep whereas most other teams have 3/4. Injuries and luck can always play a part of course - if fixtures fell the right way you could win the rest of your games with the 7th highest score each week.

But if I was a bookie id have you a short odds on to win it.
    But on the flip side, you can lose with the 2nd highest score. All you can do is put the best team out and hope the rest takes care of itself.

Which poster is the treasurer of this again?

But on the flip side, you can lose with the 2nd highest score. All you can do is put the best team out and hope the rest takes care of itself.

Which poster is the treasurer of this again?

I’m the administrator but I think one of the Eoghan’s (what are the odds) are keeping safe the monies.

• Advertisement

Offer made to Trimm Drafts.

Advertisement