Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Game Awards 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mr E wrote: »

Looking forward to those 9.7 announcements.
    Seriously I assume at least one of these games might be announced beforehand & the reveal trailer will be shown at the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

One of the games could be Untitled Goose Game officially announcing for XB1 and PS4, achievements/trophies have been found for the game online.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Resident Evil 3 is a given at this stage for one of their unannounced games. I expect a gameplay reveal trailer along with a release date for Q1/Q2 next year. I also think that will probably be about as big as it gets as far as new game announcements go; we already know about all the big hitters still to come for the remainder of this gen, and I don't really see Sony or MS dropping reveals for any next gen titles so I would imagine the majority of new reveals will be indies and/or remakes/remasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if the State of Play a couple Days before will reveal anything planned for The Game Awards

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

There was a listing that Bayonetta and Vanquish were coming to consoles 4k 60fps , I wonder will that be an announcement at the VGA or State of Play .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whether it's the awards or state of play, my 3 big hopes are a new Batman, new or remastered Tony hawk's and most of all, a remaster of Mafia 1.

Edit: how could i forget the Mass Effect Trilogy remaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So this is on tomorrow, 20:30 ET, so that will make it what, 01:30am start for us?

How long did it go on for last year? I don't recall it going on until all hours last year :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Game Advertisements (also: some awards)

The Game Advertisements (also: some awards)

I'm basically treating this as a winter E3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Hoping Death Stranding wins GOTY. It was definitely mine, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Sekiro got GOTY. **** yeah. Well deserved.

Can't believe there was no Elden Ring trailer or release date. Honestly, at this stage I can't see it coming out on current gen systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That Fast/Furious game looks absolutely terrible. How did they get that on there?

Oh yeah, lots of money and nothing else.

Cool to see Skyrim is coming to ESO

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Was really hoping for a Batman announcement of some type.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Serious lack of love for Outer Wilds in those awards. Highly Disappointing.

List of winners

Category Winner
    Game of the Year Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    Best Game Direction Death Stranding
    Best Narrative Disco Elysium
    Best Action Game Devil May Cry 5
    Best Action/Adventure Game Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    Best Role Playing Game Disco Elysium
    Best Fighting Game Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    Best Family Game Luigi's Mansion 3
    Best Strategy Game Fire Emblem Three Houses
    Best Sports/Racing Game Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
    Best Multiplayer Apex Legends
    Best Performance Mads Mikkelsen as Cliff, Death Stranding
    Best Independent Game Disco Elysium
    Fresh Indie Developer Studio ZA/UM - Disco Elysium
    Best Art Direction Control
    Best Score/Music Death Stranding
    Best Audio Design Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
    Games for Impact Gris
    Best Ongoing Game Fortnite
    Best Mobile Game Call of Duty Mobile
    Best VR/AR Game Beat Saber
    Best Community Support Destiny 2
    Content Creator of the Year Shroud
    Best Esports Game League of Legends
    Best Esports Player Kyle "Bugha" Giersforf
    Best Esports Team G2 Esports
    Best Esports Coach Danny “Zonic” Sorensen
    Best Esports Event League of Legends World Championship 2019
    Best Esports Host Eefje “Sjokz” Depoortere

Disco Elsyium getting lots of love. Thought it was pc only but see it's coming to ps and xbox in 2020. Sekiro lads must have been surprised at that, happy out for them and an extra nudge for me to pick it up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Delighted for Sekiro.

Wolf Among Us 2 had a trailer shown

• Advertisement

I cant believe the show's last trailer was arguably the least impressive on the show. F&F: Crossroads looked impressively like a last gen game on a show that showed the new Xbox. The animation when the character was on the car was like something from a Telltale game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

ERG89 wrote: »
    I cant believe the show's last trailer was arguably the least impressive on the show. F&F: Crossroads looked impressively like a last gen game on a show that showed the new Xbox. The animation when the character was on the car was like something from a Telltale game.

Yeah i felt all the trailers were pretty crappy, i called it a night after the apex legends christmas one, that was the final straw. Last years game awards was far better, loads of surprises, this year, nada..

Some cool games revealed but nothing mega.. The only one i can remember liking the look of was that Western horror ARPG..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’d love to see this award show move away from the overt advertising: think it’d be a big step in making the actual awards seem more prestigious rather than a weird afterthought to the ‘world premieres’ or whatever.

That said, very pleased to see Disco Elysium do so well against some much bigger names: little bit of hope that the really great and unusual indie games can push through even in the most mainstream of awards. Hopefully encourages a few more people to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Not sure what surprise reveals ppl were expecting. We have a good idea of everything on the horizon for this gen already, and we were never in store for a load of next gen reveals.

goon_magee wrote: »
    Not sure what surprise reveals ppl were expecting. We have a good idea of everything on the horizon for this gen already, and we were never in store for a load of next gen reveals.

Mass effect trilogy remaster, Mafia remaster, Tony hawk's remaster :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

goon_magee wrote: »

Elden Ring release date.
    New Batman Arkham game.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I would be down for a Tony Hawk remaster, or better yet a new Skate.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

EA won't remaster Mass Effect although the window is closing on a remake feeling dated as the last (good) ME was made in 2012.
    I expected a new Batman as they were nuts to tease it so blatantly a few months ago. Maybe they will push it to launch on PS5 & XSX but I expect it's been in development a few years now so it's unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Crash Team Racing winning that is insane. The game has so many problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was Surgeon Simulator 2 already announced?

Advertisement