Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Happy to report success with this .

4.10e for the Standard plan ( Turkish )

Thanks to all for the info provided

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

I've Express VPN on a DDWRT router. Turkish was proving problematic. Did Argentina on normal Credit Card. €4.80 with no issues and no phone verification required. HD and 2 accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Daz_ wrote: »
    Happy to report success with this .

4.10e for the Standard plan ( Turkish )

Thanks to all for the info provided

I've a few QS on the steps needed.

Questions
    Is a VPN necessary. If so which one?

If you have a current Netflix account do you cancel it?

Do you then search Google for Netflix Argentina and sign up normally using your Irish Bank Card and then use this account on your TV streaming Box?

Thanks for any help. I've read through the last few pages but haven't seen a step by step process. I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

I've a few QS on the steps needed.

Questions
    Is a VPN necessary. If so which one?

If you have a current Netflix account do you cancel it?

Do you then search Google for Netflix Argentina and sign up normally using your Irish Bank Card and then use this account on your TV streaming Box?

Thanks for any help. I've read through the last few pages but haven't seen a step by step process. I

First off sign up to Netflix Ireland for free month,add a payment method,I used my Irish card, and an Irish mobile number,

Then before the month is up cancel it, let it run out then use a VPN to connect to Netflix turkey, login using the same credentials as you did originally and start your membership up again,

Enjoy 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

wiz569 wrote: »
    First off sign up to Netflix Ireland for free month,add a payment method,I used my Irish card, and an Irish mobile number,

Then before the month is up cancel it, let it run out then use a VPN to connect to Netflix turkey, login using the same credentials as you did originally and start your membership up again,

Enjoy ��

Thanks very much.

Ive already signed up on the app from Google Playstore using PayPal

Should I cancel it now or let it run out and then cancel closer to the end of the month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Thanks very much.

Ive already signed up on the app from Google Playstore using PayPal

Should I cancel it now or let it run out and then cancel closer to the end of the month?

Personally I would wait til later in the month,it doesn't look as suspicious in my mind lol

But I would change your method of payment as there are reports of renewal problems using paypal, dont forget mobile number as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

I cancelled it 5 minutes after i setup.
    I let it expire
    Installed Speedify vpn and picked Turkey
    Logged on as normal
    Restarted the sub
    Job done

Yikes I just got a refund from Netflix. Got an email saying "we credited your account". Logged in and the "restart your membership" message is there. B*stards!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭bunderoon

gussieg wrote: »
    ah damn, have been paying with revolut up til now, and then today says new payment method needed. tried ptsb, no joy. fart.

None of my cards work.
    "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

No point in ringing PTSB or BOI to say Im going to Turkey.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

bunderoon wrote: »
    None of my cards work.

I had that issue, trying to change from PayPal to my debit card. Had to contact Netflix support to change my payment method (Irish account, haven't been able to change yet to Turkey due to the payment method issues)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

bunderoon wrote: »
    None of my cards work.

Switch back to Irish netflix, pay for 1 month and then move home again?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

Yikes I just got a refund from Netflix. Got an email saying "we credited your account". Logged in and the "restart your membership" message is there. B*stards!

Got the same, ended up buying a turkish gift card online and then using a VPN to login and use that as my Revolut card (and another card I tried) wernt being accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Covid19 has added 15.8 million new customers to Netflix, wonder how many of them are in Turkey? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Covid19 has added 15.8 million new customers to Netflix, wonder how many of them are in Turkey? :rolleyes:
    Probably about 100. Vast vast majority of people are happy to pay full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

They took a payment out of my account on the 5th, logged in today and I'm getting the restart membership message...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If anybody is still on Mexican sub, it's going up by 16% on 7th June due to VAT introduction.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    If anybody is still on Mexican sub, it's going up by 16% on 7th June due to VAT introduction.

We all moved to Turkey a few years back, from Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I got an email from Netflix recently "what are people watching in your area?" - which of course is Argentina. They are so thoughtful. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

bbari wrote: »
    Signed up for NF on 6th March
    Cancelled the sub right away.
    Sub expired on 7th Apr
    Installed Speedify VPN and picked Turkey
    Logged on to my a/c and picked the sub with 4 users and UHD etc
    VPN is now off and everything is good.

Originally I had signed up using Irish credit card, I tried changing to Revolut but NF didn't accept that. It would have cost me 5.70 with Revolut but it cost me 5.87 with AIB credit card so not a big deal.

Thanks lads for all your help.

Thank you. I followed these steps and everything worked perfectly. €5.55 a month for the premium plan. Can't argue with that!

Thank you. I followed these steps and everything worked perfectly. €5.55 a month for the premium plan. Can't argue with that!

€5.55...... that explains why you have 555 in your name :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi folks,

Apologies for the possibly oft repeated question here, but it's been so long since I set up my subscription to Mexico that I wouldn't be confident, how do you change from say, Mexico to Turkey?

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Apologies for the possibly oft repeated question here, but it's been so long since I set up my subscription to Mexico that I wouldn't be confident, how do you change from say, Mexico to Turkey?

Cancel Mexico, let sub lapse, log into your account whilst on a VPN to Turkey and click your sub package. Turn off VPN and never worry about it again.

TheDriver wrote: »
    and never worry about it again till another country becomes cheaper.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

My sub expired yesterday, had a/c all set up and verified phone, went to reactivate it via turkey and no joy whatsoever.

All payment cards getting declined, even a new virtual card on revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Piano22

Are Netflix still giving 30 day free trial?
    Went to sign up for 1st time today and no mention of a free trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Piano22 wrote: »

Think depends on the country. No free month in argentina

Piano22 wrote: »

They are giving free upgrade to the next package for 1 month. So if you are looking for the standard package with HD, sign up for the basic package with SD and you will get free upgrade to the HD package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Any advice on if I need to update my card as the onld one has expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ThePott wrote: »
    Any advice on if I need to update my card as the onld one has expired?

Add irish card while on irish sub. Pay for 1 month, then cancel. Then move to Istanbul and off you go.

From what I've seen here, seems like Revolut will I n lh work if the card has been on account already, they don't seem to accept it as new payment method any longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Mr.S wrote: »
    Had you kept the payment card on your account the same when first signing up on the Irish plan, cancelling / lapsing and then trying to sign up to Turkey?

Goes a bit haywire if you switch cards in-between. If not, they could well be catching on - it would be very easy to only accept a payment card from the country your trying to sign-up to.

Yeah, BOI card on account, it didn't accept that do tried Revolut physical and virtual cards all rejected..

Advertisement