Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭cletus

While possibly a good price, it's an introductory offer lasting 6 months.

I've been paying Argentinian or Turkish prices for 2 years now, and it shows no signs of ending any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    I couldn't even start a new Irish netflix account with my revolut or curve card. looks like netflix is blocking revolut and curve cards.

Same happened for me. Gave up and used my bank debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭bootser

Hi all, any issues where when u log in its saying "invalid email"? Mates account started doing that this evening. Only setup a couple of months, paying via Irish debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

bootser wrote: »
    Hi all, any issues where when u log in its saying "invalid email"? Mates account started doing that this evening. Only setup a couple of months, paying via Irish debit card.

I'd the same issue this week. I called Netflix and they said someone changed the email address on my account i.e. account got hacked. However they sent me an email with a link to reset the password etc and I got back online in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭millb

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/19/tech/netflix-internet-overload-eu/index.html

London (CNN Business)The European Union is urging Netflix and other streaming platforms to stop showing video in high definition to prevent the internet from breaking under the strain of unprecedented usage due to the coronavirus pandemic.

With so many countries on forced lockdowns to fight the spread of the virus, hundreds of millions working from home and even more children out of school, EU officials are concerned about the huge strain on internet bandwidth.
    European Commissioner Thierry Breton, who is responsible for the EU internal market covering more than 450 million people, tweeted Wednesday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

sgarvan wrote: »
    Same happened for me. Gave up and used my bank debit card

finally signed up for irish netflix with a Monese card. i will cancel now and try to reactivate again through turkish vpn when the subscription runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭huddlejonny

I couldn't even start a new Irish netflix account with my revolut or curve card. looks like netflix is blocking revolut and curve cards.

Maybe it's your card or Iban thats blocked / flagged by Netflix, had the same issue and tried the missus Revolut card with Netflix Argentina and it worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

My account must be flagged, tried Turkish and Argentina vpn, won't accept Irish debit or credit card, my revolut, my wife's revolut or an N26 card...... Took the vpn off and my revolut was accepted first time, they even overcharged me by €1 just as an extra f*ck you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭cletus

My account must be flagged, tried Turkish and Argentina vpn, won't accept Irish debit or credit card, my revolut, my wife's revolut or an N26 card...... Took the vpn off and my revolut was accepted first time, they even overcharged me by €1 just as an extra f*ck you!

The euro will be kicked back to you, it's like a test payment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Forgot to top up my Revolut, so when Netflix tried to take money it failed. My Netflix was locked out, and adding my Revolut card number back in, or trying to add Irish card back in didn't work. I managed to fix by following these steps:
    1. Cancel account. Because it was locked due to a failed payment, this was immediate.
    2. Connect to netflix using a VPN/etc to be through Turkey
    3. Sign in
    4. Netflix will ask you to confirm account type, pick the one you want
    5. It will ask you to confirm the card details you want to use, but won't ask you to re-enter details.

So this will work if you forget to top up revolut. As far as I can tell this will not work if you need to change the card number/details (e.g. if your card expires).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭FluffPiece

alternately if you do forget to top up revolut and the payment fails, Netflix tries again a day or two later so you can just top up and wait for the payment to be taken again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Trying to sign up to Turkish Netflix but express VPN keeps jumping to Netherlands.. so annoying.

How does everyone get around the part where they want to text you? Can only enter a phone number from the country

keano25 wrote: »
    How does everyone get around the part where they want to text you? Can only enter a phone number from the country

Sign up for account in Ireland, add all payment details/etc and use it for first month. Cancel it immediately, then when the month is over sign up to Turkish Netflix.

Tip: search/read this thread. This has been stated multiple times...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭bromley52

Yes, read all 2765 posts and you will find the answer.

Couldn't sign up through Turkey no matter what VPN I tried so got it via Brazilian VPN. For anyone interested and doesn't want the read back for a few hours..

VPN Brazil

They'll ask for a phone number, go to smspva.com and get a virtual Brazilian phone number it costs .50c.

Netflix text the code to that number, input the code when asked.

Done.

You can now use your Irish number as recovery phone number.

€8.15 for Brazilian Netflix.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Yes, read all 2765 posts and you will find the answer.

Or read the last 2/3 pages where this is raised again and again? Or use that handy search option up the top?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Euro is now worth over 7.20 turkish lira so the top package in turkey is costing €5.85 a month currently

Gone to 7.30 lira now for a €, that makes the top package €5.75ish

My 1st month of sub is about to expire in a few days time. Can someone recommend a VPN please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

Using it since December. Never a problem. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

i use Speedify on both my mac and iphone for setting up these Netflix accounts via Turkey and never have any issues.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    i use Speedify on both my mac and iphone for setting up these Netflix accounts via Turkey and never have any issues.

Thanks - I was looking one for mac. originally i paid using irish cc. Do you think its possible to change the card to revolut now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Mr.S wrote: »
    It seems to vary in terms of how Netflix are "verifying" users, ranging from text / call verification to a phone number issued in the country your trying to sign up to, or in some (rare?) cases - credit/debit cards issued by that country.

Open to correction but I believe to avoid the new verification methods:

1) Sign up to a Netflix Ireland account, verify using your Irish details and ideally Revolut or a card that you won't change later on.
    2) Cancel your subscription and let the account lapse
    3) Activate a VPN connection to the country you want to sign up with (eg Turkey)
    4) Re-start your subscription by purchasing a plan, it should appear as local currency and not Euro.

You can try to sign up for a brand new account via a VPN to Netflix Turkey, but I believe they will now ask for a local number or bank account to verify you are from Turkey, hence the trick to create an Irish account first.

I signed up at the end of last month with payment made with my AIB debit card. Didn't know about this at the time. I do have Revolut but would there be any problem using my AIB debit card going forward?

Signed up for NF on 6th March
    Cancelled the sub right away.
    Sub expired on 7th Apr
    Installed Speedify VPN and picked Turkey
    Logged on to my a/c and picked the sub with 4 users and UHD etc
    VPN is now off and everything is good.

Originally I had signed up using Irish credit card, I tried changing to Revolut but NF didn't accept that. It would have cost me 5.70 with Revolut but it cost me 5.87 with AIB credit card so not a big deal.

Thanks lads for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Hi, Any family slots available?

TriStar6 wrote: »
    Hi, Any family slots available?

It's less than €6 a month in your own... Pony up yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

bbari wrote: »
    Signed up for NF on 6th March
    Cancelled the sub right away.
    Sub expired on 7th Apr
    Installed Speedify VPN and picked Turkey
    Logged on to my a/c and picked the sub with 4 users and UHD etc
    VPN is now off and everything is good.

Originally I had signed up using Irish credit card, I tried changing to Revolut but NF didn't accept that. It would have cost me 5.70 with Revolut but it cost me 5.87 with AIB credit card so not a big deal.

Thanks lads for all your help.

You might get charged for foreign currency conversion fee of 2.75% or 1.75 % depending on type of your card. still its cheaper than Irish NF account

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

dulpit wrote: »
    It's less than €6 a month in your own... Pony up yourself...

Eh, thanks for commenting where it wasn’t needed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

A tip that might make it cheaper. When my original cheap foreign deal failed I signed up to Irish account for a few months. I initially went for the mid tier and it offered a free upgrade to top tier. I cancelled and let the month run down and again got the free update for the next month. My third month I tried the lowest tier and then upgraded to top tier on the app. I was only charged the lower tier price. I signed up via turkey today but will try this in a month's time.

• Advertisement

You might get charged for foreign currency conversion fee of 2.75% or 1.75 % depending on type of your card. still its cheaper than Irish NF account

I have never seen this fee charged to me, perhaps its blended into the transaction amount.

Advertisement