Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

County Jerseys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

What a waste of a good Kilkenny jersey. You are either a Kilkenny man or a Tipperary man. There should be no confusion at all! Ha..ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

seanm92 wrote: »
    I thought it was usually purple, and if it was blue i'd imagine it would be royal blue and not sky blue, the tayto park logo is the same colurs as the jersey, so i'd agree it's a money racket to keep sponsors happy, Meath will never wear it, if their jersey clashes i'd be nearly certain they' lll wear yellow

It's purple in some counties - Ireland, UK, etc. and blue in others - Italy , France, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Just paid 62 euro for a new Clare jersey. Jesus. Hope to get some use out of it over the next few years. The old one is a bit tight, must of shrunk in the wash !!!

• flazio wrote: »
    Novel idea for a person who has divided loyalties.

Of course only available for O'Neills supplied counties.

Really only maybe wearable on the day of a match/attending a match between the two counties in question but wearing one of these 'casually' as you go about your day to day business just looks terrible but thats my opinion and thats for whatever two counties not just Tipp/Kilkenny.

I see a guy wearing a Tipp/Dublin one regularly and to me he just looks ridiculous. Grand wearing it to a match between the two sides but to wear it casually is just wrong on so many levels

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hate those split jerseys. Ridiculous things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Wexford "away" jersey, and Wexford minor jersey. According to the wexford gaa's twitter the juvenile board pick their own jersey style, which IMO is nicer than the seniors!

763103.jpg

763320.jpg

It does not make sense the minors wearing a different jersey to the seniors. Nah, the senior is nicer. Should be yellow bellies anyway. Ha..ha!

I was surprised at the change of jersey against Antrim. I thought Wexford usually switch to wearing white. An unusual choice of all purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

They wore the purple as far back as 2010: http://www.prideinthejersey.com/wexford.html

More on the underage jerseys here: http://www.prideinthejersey.com/wexford2012.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Connorzee wrote: »
    Wexford "away" jersey, and Wexford minor jersey. According to the wexford gaa's twitter the juvenile board pick their own jersey style, which IMO is nicer than the seniors!

763103.jpg

763320.jpg

that minor shirt is nice

• Wexford minors wore something like this in a challenge vs Tipperary in Carrick on Suir last month

259696.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Meanwhile, the GAA shorts seem to be a consistently sh*t fit, and look terrible....

seachto7 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, the GAA shorts seem to be a consistently sh*t fit, and look terrible....

agreed, bring back the stripes and crest down the side. The new plain style are somehow more expensive to buy as well

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    You need to realise the profit they are already making on those jerseys.

I see Dublin have gone without Vodafone's sponsorship tonight. Ended their deal with Vodafone earlier than expected and before the end of this year's championship, as said by Vodafone. They Dublin County Board did right.

Bit late, but this was totally incorrect. Vodafone gave up their place on the jerseys to allow Pieta House to get exposure for their good work. They also arranged and supported various events around the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Wexford minors wore something like this in a challenge vs Tipperary in Carrick on Suir last month

259696.png

Who won?

• To Alcohol wrote: »
    Who won?

Tipp won that by 3-19 to 0-20 but Wexford had a young fella full forward that night named Conor Mcdonald who was terrific. While im delighted for Laois yesterday, its a pity we wont be seeing any more of McDonald in this years championship as he is an unreal talent

He scored most of Wexford's haul including one sideline cut from inside his own half which left even the Tipp management awestruck on the sideline it was so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Tipp won that by 3-19 to 0-20 but Wexford had a young fella full forward that night named Conor Mcdonald who was terrific. While im delighted for Laois yesterday, its a pity we wont be seeing any more of McDonald in this years championship as he is an unreal talent

He scored most of Wexford's haul including one sideline cut from inside his own half which left even the Tipp management awestruck on the sideline it was so good.

Thanks for that Mason Limited Lubrication. Dads a Tipp man and needs to know all these results. Must chat with my Wexford mates about his chap McDonald. Any idea of his club?

• To Alcohol wrote: »
    Thanks for that Mason Limited Lubrication. Dads a Tipp man and needs to know all these results. Must chat with my Wexford mates about his chap McDonald. Any idea of his club?

Gorey i think. He had an off day yesterday though. His tally of 0-5 only came from placed balls (0-4 + 0-1 from a 65)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I'm a bit surprised if I'm on my own on this, but that all-purple Wexico jersey is absolutely sexual imo. I have absolutely no links to Wexford but I might get one of those bad boys.

Gorey i think. He had an off day yesterday though. His tally of 0-5 only came from placed balls (0-4 + 0-1 from a 65)

Is that the youngfella who used to play in goals?

• Connorzee wrote: »
    Is that the youngfella who used to play in goals?

Im not sure. I only seen him play in at full forward v Tipp minors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Nah, the senior is nicer. Should be yellow bellies anyway. Ha..ha!

The classic look with gold upper is still one of the great GAA designs. The minor is a move in the right direction, though I wouldn't be a fan of the diagonal cut on the sleeves, but they can't control that I suppose.

newg300 wrote: »
    The classic look with gold upper is still one of the great GAA designs. The minor is a move in the right direction, though I wouldn't be a fan of the diagonal cut on the sleeves, but they can't control that I suppose.

Actually county colours are decided by each county board.

Unfortunately O'Neill's (Azzurri too) for the past 10 years or so have decided to fiddle around with the colours in their modern designs of county jerseys without anybody in the G.A.A. even batting an eye lid.

Prime examples are the hooped band disappearing entirely from the Mayo & Laois jerseys, from the back of the Tipperary, Clare & Derry jerseys. The Kerry county board insisted that the hooped band remained on the Kerry jersey (front & back) whereas Mayo, Tipp, Clare, Derry & Laois obviously said nothing and just accepted the new designs.

Also Donegal and Sligo play now in their change of jersey all the time since the 1990's & 2000's respectively. Donegal should be wearing jerseys similiar to Kerry colours and Sligo should be wearing white jerseys with black trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Unfortunately O'Neill's (Azzurri too) for the past 10 years or so have decided to fiddle around with the colours in their modern designs of county jerseys without anybody in the G.A.A. even batting an eye lid.

Prime examples are the hooped band disappearing entirely from the Mayo & Laois jerseys, from the back of the Tipperary, Clare & Derry jerseys. The Kerry county board insisted that the hooped band remained on the Kerry jersey (front & back) whereas Mayo, Tipp, Clare, Derry & Laois obviously said nothing and just accepted the new designs.

Also Donegal and Sligo play now in their change of jersey all the time since the 1990's & 2000's respectively. Donegal should be wearing jerseys similiar to Kerry colours and Sligo should be wearing white jerseys with black trim.

Waterford also changed to blue shorts for a decade its back to white now! Always wondered if O,Neills/ Azzuri would ever go down the soccer route for goalie shirts like illuminous yellow shirts and funky stuff like that , might sell well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Waterford also changed to blue shorts for a decade its back to white now! Always wondered if O,Neills/ Azzuri would ever go down the soccer route for goalie shirts like illuminous yellow shirts and funky stuff like that , might sell well.

595143.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

595143.jpg

Haha well that's a bit different. I think eventually we will see goalie shirts get away from traditional colors.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

I simply meant O'Neills only use the diagonal cut from armpit to neck these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭seanm92

Haha well that's a bit different. I think eventually we will see goalie shirts get away from traditional colors.

Speaking of traditional colours, i really wish Galway would return to the Green goalie shirts of the Martin Mc era as seen below

http://www.tuamherald.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Galway-vs-Kildare1998.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35 galwayboss

seanm92 wrote: »
    Speaking of traditional colours, i really wish Galway would return to the Green goalie shirts of the Martin Mc era as seen below

http://www.tuamherald.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Galway-vs-Kildare1998.jpg

That Jersey was only worn by Martin Mac in the All-Ireland because white was the traditional goalie jersey but we were playing Kildare so it had to be changed to avoid a clash of colours. Would be nice to see a change all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Didn't Waterford wear blue shorts in the early 80s too, like against Cork in the 1982 Munster Final?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭seanm92

galwayboss wrote: »
    That Jersey was only worn by Martin Mac in the All-Ireland because white was the traditional goalie jersey but we were playing Kildare so it had to be changed to avoid a clash of colours. Would be nice to see a change all the same

Oh right didnt know that actually, would be cool to resurrect the green shirt all the same, I hate the way we usually just have the opposite of the outfield jersey for a goalie jersey

Advertisement