Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revising Form 11

Options
  • 25-01-2021 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

My OH is registered for income tax because he receives a payment (couple of grand) for having trees planted on some land he inherited, but it's causing havok with our tax situation.
    We're both PAYE earners, but it essentially stops us from amending any tax stuff online or requesting statements of liability. I rang revenue last week to retrospectively add some flat rate expenses that I didn't realise I qualified for and the guy on the phone did it for me, but he said I had to request a review through ROS. I cannot find where I do that? Has anyone any insights please? Have certs, etc installed, no prob.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

You can revise a form 11 online in ROS to add any previously unclaimed credits. It’s under “file a return online” select form 11 and the relevant year. The form as filed will come up and you can amend.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

Stratvs wrote: »
    You can revise a form 11 online in ROS to add any previously unclaimed credits. It’s under “file a return online” select form 11 and the relevant year. The form as filed will come up and you can amend.
    It didn't have the option for flat rate expenses, so I had to call. I wonder if I just refile it, would it trigger a review 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

It didn't have the option for flat rate expenses, so I had to call. I wonder if I just refile it, would it trigger a review ��

That seems odd, if you call up the F11 as originally filed there should be the option to add the flat rate expenses under "Expenses in employment"

When you refile you have to state at the start why, e.g. claiming an allowance/relief previously omitted. It normally then issues an amended ITSA and any refund would issue. These things normally don't attract much attention.

Advertisement