Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Dam students....
    Ok now let me preface my post with , I tried and tried, i could not reproduce this.

On launch day i was messing around on the samsung site for ireland, adding a note 20, adding a s21 ultra, comparing prices etc, like the excited little manchild i am.
    When adding them, it adds the buds, it adds the tile etc.
    So whatever happened, i removed the phones, and was left with the galaxy buds live in my cart....with a cost of zero...and zero shipping...

So i clicked submit....

And got an order number......

And a tracking number, which didnt work at first...

But then did 2 days later.....

And now i have free buds....

I think there was some bug in the site at the time, and im nearly sure i have tried the same thing, again and again,but could not reproduce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Where did you get that deal?

yeah student site, its meant to be only 15% off but seems like a misprice as the 256GB and 512GB are discounted correctly. Just the 128GB is misprice. Instead of 15% its doing around 30%.

The site is messed up as the S21 Plus 256GB is 960 but the 128GB is 1170.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still not over the shock of spending a grand in a half on this phone

Suppose 512GB along with 16 Ram will be worth it. Buds Pro also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Still no confirmation email. Anyone got theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

dan786 wrote: »
    yeah student site, its meant to be only 15% off but seems like a misprice as the 256GB and 512GB are discounted correctly. Just the 128GB is misprice. Instead of 15% its doing around 30%.

The site is messed up as the S21 Plus 256GB is 960 but the 128GB is 1170.

You reckon the price we paid will be honoured, kinda reluctant to buy an ultra case until I know for sure I have the phone, ultra definitely wasn't in my price bracket until this pricing error.occured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DubLad69

Got the same deal plus 180 euro trade in for my s8 plus so 737 euro for a s21 ultra 128gb is a great price, my order has been accepted and sent to their distributer to be processed so hopefully the purchase and price will be honoured

Yours says that it's been sent to distributer? My last update is ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED BY EXERTIS

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Yours says that it's been sent to distributer? My last update is ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED BY EXERTIS

Mine says the same, exertis are the distributor as far as I am aware

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I was going to buy it on a friends student discount, but they are no longer on the course :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

MarkY91 wrote: »

I emailed them at Ireland.SamsungSupport@exertis.com and they send me a invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

What proof do you need you're a student?

• Advertisement

What proof do you need you're a student?

You need to create a unidays account and you need a valid student id for that, will give u 15% off the phone

MarkY91 wrote: »

same but the order is in my account details on the samsung store and moneys been taken from my card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

Ordered mine from Three yesterday and got an email this morning saying the Samsung have dropped the price before launch, getting €90 back.

Ordered the offcial Samsung protective case with stand for the ultra , coming from a spiegen tough armour for s8 plus which has been brilliant

Got a case and 3 pack glass screen protector for 5 Euros from ESR.

Really good brand although very basic cases. I got tempered glass and case for iPhone from them and they were great. It was easiest install ever as they provided a plastic bracket to align the glass and it was applied in seconds in one go with zero bubbles and perfectly aligned.

Bought this cover

https://shop.samsung.com/ie/galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-protective-standing-cover-black

Whats the best screen protector out there and where could I buy it ?

No insurance places seem to have the quotes up for the S21 series yet. Phone insurance is not for some people but forking out close to €1500 for it i want the best

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bought this cover

https://shop.samsung.com/ie/galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-protective-standing-cover-black

Whats the best screen protector out there and where could I buy it ?

No insurance places seem to have the quotes up for the S21 series yet. Phone insurance is not for some people but forking out close to €1500 for it i want the best

Yup that's the same cover I bought, gonna check with revelut about phone insurance

Yup that's the same cover I bought, gonna check with revelut about phone insurance

Are Revolut good for phone insurance ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Are Revolut good for phone insurance ?

I just noticed the option the other day so gonna give it a try, not sure what there like

I just noticed the option the other day so gonna give it a try, not sure what there like

Ill look into it

Id almost not touch the new phone til im insured :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Just ordered S21 ultra silver 256Gb from Samsung directly. Also the power adapter and Samsung transparent case with kickstand. Long wait ahead of me now..:-)

kave2 wrote: »
    Just ordered S21 ultra silver 256Gb from Samsung directly. Also the power adapter and Samsung transparent case with kickstand. Long wait ahead of me now..:-)

Here's hoping there's not much delay with deliveries esp with the postal mess atm

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Where do they warehouse?

ED E wrote: »
    Where do they warehouse?

Google search exertis says they have two distribution centres one in Dublin and one in Limerick so should be next day delivery hopefully from when it's posted, my guess is we will have it on launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Ill be collecting from carphone warehouse in limerick on launch day. Must get a case....

Does anyone knows what color of buds are we getting? Is it based on color of phone?
    Will be interesting if Samsung/Exertis ships everything together or buds and acces. might come earlier.

Does anyone knows what color of buds are we getting? Is it based on color of phone?
    Will be interesting if Samsung/Exertis ships everything together or buds and acces. might come earlier.

Black

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭allen175

dan786 wrote: »
    Black

Hopefully they are the black ones, wasn't too happy with the white ones I got with the S10.

I would be ok with silver or black ones. I ordered silver phone so silver buds would go well with phone.
    Hopefully is not the purple one's 🀣

• Advertisement

Be happy with any colour really but id hate to fork out over €220 for a pair :P:P

Hopefully the free stuff will arrive with the phone but not overly confident and say its claiming through the Members app by the cut off date

Advertisement