Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus 8/Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Megager wrote: »
    I have a one plus 8. Not pro. Didn't want to open a new thread.
    Anyone encountered issues with calls being dropped. Basically during a call the other caller can't hear me but I can hear them.
    Is it just me

Not had that many calls but did have one ten minute one and didn't have any problems with it and the other short ones have been ok too

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Still an issue for me. I've seen it with other users too so not alone it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I have a one plus 8. Not pro. Didn't want to open a new thread.
    Anyone encountered issues with calls being dropped. Basically during a call the other caller can't hear me but I can hear them.
    Is it just me

I have issue where calls can become garbled after 30s or so (Pro). Is pretty irritating, never happens when I call back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Just trying to get an answer to my question from OnePlus myself

Basically trying to ask do the phones from their website come with the same chipset for frequencies across the board.

I.e a 5G phone sent to UK market will work with 5G in North America on different frequencies. E.g n78 vs n71 etc

I got this reply from them linking to the spec page from each region but I'm unsure of them giving their language barrier in support

Any ideas ?

I was looking at Amazon.de and there was a pro that listed all the regions but was confusing again by international phone with a different OS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Still an issue for me. I've seen it with other users too so not alone it seems

Factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭Cotts72

How do people find the camera on this? Using the OP7pro at the moment, camera is ok'ish but would defo love to upgrade to something better

Free wireless bullets with the OnePlus 8 at the moment from the website direct

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Cotts72 wrote: »
    How do people find the camera on this? Using the OP7pro at the moment, camera is ok'ish but would defo love to upgrade to something better

Mo note 10 camera is excellent, processor mid range, beautiful screen

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Anyone find the Front camera to be of poor quality in low light and not great in regular light?

Also the shutter speed when using the front camera with flash is painfully slow.

• Advertisement

Also does anyone know how to use the camera led as a notification led? Had a notification led on my Note 9 just wondering if something similar can be done for the OnePlus Pro

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    Also does anyone know how to use the camera led as a notification led? Had a notification led on my Note 9 just wondering if something similar can be done for the OnePlus Pro

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2020/05/aodnotify-app-led-notification-oneplus-8.html

Never mind found this to be working

The wireless charger is now in stock. Just ordered one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Folks, anyone have the 8 Pro? About to pull the trigger on a 7T Pro and wondering should I man-up and splash out the extra €150 for the 8 Pro :pac:

Folks, anyone have the 8 Pro? About to pull the trigger on a 7T Pro and wondering should I man-up and splash out the extra €150 for the 8 Pro :pac:

Check the website just after 10am tomorrow. Something about a flash sale

I had the 7t pro and now have the 8 Pro. Not a massive difference but if it's not much extra for the 8 pro tomorrow, I would definitely recommend it.

Checked the website there. It seems to advertise that the glacial green will be available for €919 as the 128GB model for the first time. However, that's not available on the website and to make matters worse both colours are sold out. I don't understand how they don't have stock in reserve ready to go. Perhaps COVID-19 had an adverse effect on their manufacturing plant.

Future proofing yourself with 5G is another reason to get the 8Pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    Future proofing yourself with 5G is another reason to get the 8Pro

I was reading on the OneP forums that it isn't...the amount of people worldwide who can't connect to a 5G network is very high...seems OneP are locking some bands at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

I'm looking at getting the 8 from eglobal. Anyone any experience buying from them? Much cheaper, currently at €530 for base model. Most websites (including Chinese OnePlus official page) state the Chinese version supports n78 (so should cover 5g Vodafone here) but eglobal doesn't state n78! This is the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger at the minute. Anyone know if it's just an oversight by eglobal? Sent them a mail but nothing back yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭mossie

tglynn wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting the 8 from eglobal. Anyone any experience buying from them? Much cheaper, currently at €530 for base model. Most websites (including Chinese OnePlus official page) state the Chinese version supports n78 (so should cover 5g Vodafone here) but eglobal doesn't state n78! This is the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger at the minute. Anyone know if it's just an oversight by eglobal? Sent them a mail but nothing back yet

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reply from them. I ordered a 7T from them over 2 weeks ago and they never responded to any of my contacts since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

tglynn wrote: »

I got mine today from them, ordered from them on 07/05, it got to Belgium DPD on monday, then arrived in Athlone Wed, no progress then until I woke up this morning and saw out for delivery. At the moment I'm transferring all my stuff from my other phone on to it using the oneplus app, so I havent had much time to play with it yet, Haven't established what 5g bands are on it, and I only have a prepaid voda sim, which probably isn't 5G enabled anyway.

Nice looking phone though, and GMS and all the android pay stuff works perfect(first thing I tried out).

Got the wireless charger Friday. It's great. Has a little fan to keep it cool. It's goes quite overnight so as not to make noise. Charges a bit slower so doesn't overheat.
    During day, you can hear the fan going. Phone sits very nicely onto charger and it looks great.

Got to try out the camera at sunset and sunrise last night and this morning around the Curragh. Photos are really stunning.

Anyone noticed that if you leave the phone in direct sunlight for a short period, you get a warning saying phone is too hot and brightness and other functions will be limited until phone cools. Usually returns to normal after a few mins

Anyone noticed that if you leave the phone in direct sunlight for a short period, you get a warning saying phone is too hot and brightness and other functions will be limited until phone cools. Usually returns to normal after a few mins

There are a lot of phones doing this last few days, different makes, Samsung etc.

Just the outside temps and lots of processes running heat up any phone

Yeah my iPhone could hardly be seen outside on full brightness (no warning though oddly enough). Had to cool it down before it would actually brighten again. I’d say everyone’s phones are baking this weather.

7T Pro reduced to €639 on official website today, which makes the difference between that and the 8 Pro - €280. I think that has made my mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wamwig

7T Pro reduced to €639 on official website today, which makes the difference between that and the 8 Pro - €280. I think that has made my mind up.

It’s €570 on the three website

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭the goon

Wamwig wrote: »
    It’s €570 on the three website

I can't see how long you have to stay with Three if you buy it on prepay for this price. Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

the goon wrote: »
    I can't see how long you have to stay with Three if you buy it on prepay for this price. Anyone know?

I'm with 3 anyway, so will be getting this...cant justify paying OnePlus another 350 for the 8 Pro
    I'm not even sure if the phone is locked to 3? ..
    Buyy the last time I bought a high-end phone from them it was 18 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭the goon

I'm with 3 anyway, so will be getting this...cant justify paying OnePlus another 350 for the 8 Pro
    I'm not even sure if the phone is locked to 3? ..
    Buyy the last time I bought a high-end phone from them it was 18 months

Thanks,would love to know. Surely at this price it is locked for a similar period.

Advertisement