Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

New Home wrote:
    The amount of typos (so many they've become an uncountable noun) on anything I've written today!

That's terrble.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

cjmc wrote: »
    People talking like they're in coronation st.
    Hi (Deirdre) dear'dree
    Put on brew
    Put on telly
    Not hard to put 'the' in .
    And them the thickest brogue in Ireland
    Wrecks my head

When people call it Corrie! FS

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Today I've clicked on threads only to get 404 page not found.

When I'm filling forms online I have to scroll down and down to get my birth year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table...trying to sup a coffee....sore throat.....all I want to do is go back to bed....

Ok, I really want to hold to Lanzo but can't...sniff sniff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

People are filthy bastards. Especially those who just fling their cigarette butts on the ground. ****ebags the lot of them! Those who smoke should be made chew on the butts when the have finished smoking instead of just discarding them!
    Yes there are larger issues in the world but this is one of the ****tiest, dirtiest things people do constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Went to a cheap café for lunch. Lunch was decent. Service very friendly.
    Got up and left and as a walked away, my arse felt wet, well, because it was. I went back to tell them that the seat was wet. His surprise told me that he hadn't been washing seats. He was very apologetic.
    Sure enough, it was piss. Strong piss. Straight home, jeans and jocks into the washing machine and me into the shower.

Can't really be angry at the café or even the poor unfortunate who pissed themselves in a café.

I think that is where we would differ! They'd have zero sympathy from me by the time I'd disinfected eugh. :D

I know I mentioned this before but people who talk too much in the office. I don't mind normal conversation but people who give a running commentary on their work as they go and generally just talk a load of sh*te. e.g. "now, that's that done, what's next?" and sighing, then followed by "oh God, my legs are stiff" and then "did you see yer man over there". Two minutes later, "do you know what I was thinking?" - no and I don't WANT to know what you were thinking either just shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

GBX wrote: »
    People are filthy bastards. Especially those who just fling their cigarette butts on the ground. ****ebags the lot of them! Those who smoke should be made chew on the butts when the have finished smoking instead of just discarding them!
    Yes there are larger issues in the world but this is one of the ****tiest, dirtiest things people do constantly.

People who smoke at bus stops (like, under them) annoy me too. I smoke myself sometimes (when I have had a few drinks) but it will usually just be in a designated smoking area in a beer garden etc. But smoking under bus stops is just taking the p*ss. Also, motorists who flick their butts out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

And people who smoke at the entrances to shops, shopping centres, banks etc..

Move a few feet you ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

On the subject of scumbag smokers....smokers who toss their cigarette butts out of the car window while driving....how ****ing ignorant is that. Who do they expect picks that up and pays for it.

I swear to God...I would love to rear end the ****ers.

I hate smokers. If you have that little self respect then I will have none for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Speaking of out a car window. Some man in a van I was driving behind the other week kept spitting out his window while driving and because of the wind, it kept landing on my windscreen. Never waned to vom as much in my life

I have to laugh at the people in the US dying from vaping- yes you heard me.

Not such a bad idea. If smoking is going to kill you anyway then just cut to the chase by cutting out the long agonizing death and burden on the health system. Result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Going for a walk on bin day with a pram.

Easier to walk along the road than swerving to avoid them all....I avoid touching my own bins nevermind randomers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

TA at the anti-smoking generalisations going on here!

Believe it or not, not every smoker is a selfish, disgusting creature. I often carry around cigarette ends in my jeans pockets when there isn't an ashtray available. I never throw cigarette ends out of my car window. I would never be so thoughtless as to stand in a doorway to a public building and smoke.

Obviously, some smokers do. But why tar us all with the same brush (pun intended)?

TA at the anti-smoking generalisations going on here!

Believe it or not, not every smoker is a selfish, disgusting creature.

Sorry. You are not talking your way out of this one matey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

People parking on speed bumps, especially speed bumps divided in 3.... I've no choice now but to go over the bump unless I drive completely on wrong side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

I hate smokers. If you have that little self respect then I will have none for you.

Will you get down off your high horse there.

I wouldn't judge you by if you're a smoker or not but I will with regard to the above statements you made and as Shania Twain once said that don't impress me much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭its_steve116

"I love it when you caaaall me señooooorita..."
    MEME2019-09-18-11-40-24.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I'm not your matey, buddy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The weather today.Went out this morning in my wolly cardigan,cause it was cold.Had to take it off and carry it cause im roasting.Weather make your fecking mind up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The disgusting bad manners some people have of putting words in your mouth. eg. I said "there was lots of different sports at school" and got a condescending lecture about the benefits of sports. I didn't say it was a negative thing?! I think I see what mansplaining is now :D:D:D

Re smoking, not worth devating anyway but perhaps people should look to their own vices instead.

A big TH is anyone who claims to be a nonsmoker or light smoker but in reality just smokes everyone else's cigarettes. That'd be a scrounging mean liar and a smoker then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I think I see what mansplaining is now :D:D:D
    No you don't. Mansplaining is when a man condescendingly explains something to a woman that he (usually correctly) thinks she doesn't know due to her smaller brain.
    I would never do it myself of course but now you know what mansplaining actually means Widdershins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

When people say the director when they name a famous movie e.g. Hitchcock's Psycho or Tarantino's Pulp Fiction. Trying to be a know-all but they never say the director of a less-rated film because they don't know their name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Not such a bad idea. If smoking is going to kill you anyway then just cut to the chase by cutting out the long agonizing death and burden on the health system. Result.

Laughing at anyone dying speaks volumes of your moral character. Obviously you didn't have a strong upbringing. But being an adult, you should know right from wrong and a general compassionate compass. I've no respect for you based on that. You should be ashamed of yourself but I've a feeling your not which makes all more tragic.

Guy Person wrote: »
    I think I see what mansplaining is now :D:D:D
    No you don't. Mansplaining is when a man condescendingly explains something to a woman that he (usually correctly) thinks she doesn't know due to her smaller brain.
    I would never do it myself of course but now you know what mansplaining actually means Widdershins.
    Thanks Guy. I feel sufficiently baffled by bullsh1t to not worry my pretty little head about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch...on anti inflammatory tablet for my bloody back and I feel like ****e..man flu symptoms......tis the end folks......

Re smoking, not worth devating anyway but perhaps people should look to their own vices instead.

A big TH is anyone who claims to be a nonsmoker or light smoker but in reality just smokes everyone else's cigarettes. That'd be a scrounging mean liar and a smoker then.
    Yep. The kind who follows you out to the smoking area and puffs OPs (other people's) one after another all night. They only do " when I'm having a drink"
    Well FO and stop drinking cos its costing me a fortune!
    I lace on a nicotine patch and pretend I have none

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When a D.J puts "Mr" before the artists name....., Never says Mrs or Miss.

When pundits pluralise players names as in "The Paul O'Connells, the David Beckhams" etc why?

When "Gate" is put at the end of a word when there's a sniff of a scandal, Why? (I know it stems from Watergate hotel) but kinda irrelevant nowadays if todays young folk even heard about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Just watched Watchdog on BBC. Why are the Rogue Traders always Irish scumbags? The less-travelled viewers must think we are all dodgy business owners.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement