Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€200 android mobile.

• 04-03-2015 1:23pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, the wifes Moto G needs to be changed.
    It will no longer take a charge and we cant get photos off it as the port where you connect to usb is broken , tried cleaning it out,different charger cables etc.
    Its only 6 months old so its under warranty and argos say they will refund.
    Any suggestions for a €200 or there abouts android phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi guys, the wifes Moto G needs to be changed.
    It will no longer take a charge and we cant get photos off it as the port where you connect to usb is broken , tried cleaning it out,different charger cables etc.
    Its only 6 months old so its under warranty and argos say they will refund.
    Any suggestions for a €200 or there abouts android phone?

Download Dropbox and upload all her photos before you return the phone. You can then install dropbox on the new phone and have the photos there.

As to phone not quite sure to be honest but at the €200 mark it will be slow enough as most phones in that price range would have 1gb memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks guys i thought of that but the phone is now dead, was @ 9% this morning after being on charge overnight hence how we found the problem.
    Since the connector is fecked ive no means of retrieving the photos, raging as she has a lot of photos of our kids on there including our 4 month old :(
    Thankfully i have a lot on my phone and more backed up but a lot fro her phone will be lost.

I see argos have the Sony Xperia M2 for €225, seems an ok phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Thanks guys i thought of that but the phone is now dead, was @ 9% this morning after being on charge overnight hence how we found the problem.
    Since the connector is fecked ive no means of retrieving the photos, raging as she has a lot of photos of our kids on there including our 4 month old :(
    Thankfully i have a lot on my phone and more backed up but a lot fro her phone will be lost.

I see argos have the Sony Xperia M2 for €225, seems an ok phone?

Just to rule out the obvious, have you checked if she had a microsd card in the phone, could have been saving the pictures to it?
    Another thing you can do is get someone who has the same phone, borrow their charged battery (assuming its removable) for a few minutes to backup the data.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Hi. I had a similar problem with my moto g. Wouldn't charge from dead. Leave the phone for 24hrs and then try charge it again.

This worked for me.

Thanks everyone, i managed to get the phone to turn on with 1% battery left and quickly sent 30 or so photos from it to my phone via whats app before it finally died.

Owryan wrote: »
    Hi. I had a similar problem with my moto g. Wouldn't charge from dead. Leave the phone for 24hrs and then try charge it again.

This worked for me.

Herself just tried it again there and its now charging away.
    Not sure how long it will last but atleast i can backup her photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Herself just tried it again there and its now charging away.
    Not sure how long it will last but atleast i can backup her photos.

That's good at least. Seems to be a bug with the moto g. When it dies it can be hard to get it to charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Moto g 2?
    I bought one recently from amazon for under 200 delivered. Unlocked to all networks. Delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I use this app to backup all my pictures and videos to my NAS. Especially handy if you have a phone without an SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kleine Hundin

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/3d5eadc25d

I had a similar issue before with my moto g. Phone not charging or booting up. I did something similar from what was listed in the above link and it was been working ok. Seems to be a known issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Has logged in with gmail account to google plus to see if her photos were uploaded? You can have like 15GB of photos and email in a gmail account

Advertisement