Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€249 for Samsung S3 Mini at Vodafone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Jarren wrote: »

Yep, I am very aware of that. The S3 Mini retails for almost €100 more in other phone stores though, which is why I mentioned the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

Yep, I am very aware of that. The S3 Mini retails for almost €100 more in other phone stores though, which is why I mentioned the price.
    Good price but Vodafones data plans are expensive.

You can get the s3mini for about 280 on amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

Good price but Vodafones data plans are expensive.

You can get the s3mini for about 280 on amazon.de
    It might be amazon.es

I'd actually buy this phone if I hadn't gone and got galaxy ace 2 recently

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Saw this on their website, could it be correct? The price makes it a really good purchase.

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-blue

If it was a true sim-free offer (which it is not), then it would be a great price but below the price on that webpage there is a Ts & Cs link, you may want to read it before buying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

coylemj wrote: »
    If it was a true sim-free offer (which it is not), then it would be a great price but below the price on that webpage there is a Ts & Cs link, you may want to read it before buying.

What exactly are you referring to? Is it this...
    8. Equipment is supplied for use on the Vodafone network. Certain network termination charges may apply in the event that you wish to use the Equipment on another mobile network and the amount of Call credit applied to your Account up to the date of termination is less than the amount specified by Vodafone from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

If you change over from another network and keep your no you also get €20.00 off. Wonder can these phones be unlocked.

From what I hear they can be unlocked.

I only switched from Vodafone to Meteor a couple of weeks ago because of the price plans. I have been looking around for this fone at a good price.

Now Meteor has it for 349 euro and Vodafone has it for 249.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

do ye think this or the Nokia Lumia 620 would be a better phone? they should be the same price (I'm aware this is the android forum so might be slightly biased :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

123 LC wrote: »
    do ye think this or the Nokia Lumia 620 would be a better phone? they should be the same price (I'm aware this is the android forum so might be slightly biased :P)

S3 Mini is far far better.

• Advertisement

I was hoping the new Nokia/Windows 8 Phones would bring the S3 mini down in price. Seen the 820 today in Vodafone for 449. So much for a mid range phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Gerb68 wrote: »
    I was hoping the new Nokia/Windows 8 Phones would bring the S3 mini down in price. Seen the 820 today in Vodafone for 449. So much for a mid range phone.

Iirc the 820 is also LTE and NFC capable though. Not exactly massive stuff, but certainly enough to up the price by about €100.

Hoping to get one sim free as with Tesco mobile but this offer seems great. Would be worried that I could not get it unlocked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 McGeough123

€100 cheaper then other networks.Yeah, deffo think I'll be picking this one up.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Saw this on their website, could it be correct? The price makes it a really good purchase.

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-blue

Paid €279 in Saturn (Berlin) for the Sim-free version. Lovely phone , very pleased with it.

(Took fierce self-restraint to not buy the Nexus 4. )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Gerb68 wrote: »
    From what I hear they can be unlocked.....

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Does anybody know if the s3 mini can defo be unlocked,im gona buy 1 tomorrow if they can

manutd83 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the s3 mini can defo be unlocked,im gona buy 1 tomorrow if they can

Did you buy it ?

Yeah i bought it,posting from it now,got it unlocked for 20euro,very happy with it

Think I might buy from Vodafone so can I ask where you got it unlocked and is it easy enough to do ?
    Am with Tesco mobile so need to get it unlocked if I do buy.

• Advertisement

Im on tesco aswell,got it done in georges st,in fm mobiles i think,just so u know sky go wont work on when u unblock it,it says its rooted and says u cant use it on tesco network cos ur roaming on the network

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

Hows everyone finding battery life. How would you rate it as opposed to a HTC Desire ?

Still have not purchased thinking of getting it on vodafone as Amazon do not seem to have free delivery when I add to my basket.
    Local phone unlocking shop charging €40 to unlock does that seem really dear for unlocking a phone ?

Advertisement