Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M&S Dine for 2 = €12.50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hunter S

Just had the mint chocolate collection there for desert. Absolutely georgous. Its such great value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

This thread has to be one of the best diet crushing ones ever! I am not on a diet, nor was I hungry, but now (two minutes later) I am starving :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Hunter S wrote: »
    Just had the mint chocolate collection there for desert. Absolutely georgous. Its such great value

Don't mention the mint chocolates! They're yummy ........ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

Just been to the Cork branch - never seen such a popular offer !

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hunter S

Its a great way to get people in as well, i bought a good bit of stuff i didnt need then after. including a cookie just out of the oven,,,it actually melted in my mouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

liffey valley just got a hiding tonight from GF.

Gonna be eating full fat sh1te for the week.. it is nice bur not for the belly>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

iggy wrote: »
    liffey valley just got a hiding tonight from GF.

Gonna be eating full fat sh1te for the week.. it is nice bur not for the belly>>>>>

It was like a war zone in there today. Clanking of baskets trying to get the stuff off the shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I heard a rumour that the next one won't be for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i went today, didnt see anything, i never do ? is there a advertisment in the shop itself or do i find out the products online here?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Was in Jervis Street today a little after 12pm - some of the mains were gone - the lasagne in particular and lots of the desserts. Never even saw the mint chocolate!

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    i went today, didnt see anything, i never do ? is there a advertisment in the shop itself or do i find out the products online here?

what store was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Big signs everywhere the products are and a load of mad women and some men scrambling over the products:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭TM

They generally have signs up on the doors, around the store and beside the display cabinets/refrigerators holding the offer items. Usually small black "Dine for two" stickers on the qualifying items too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is it just the jervis one ? i usually go grafton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Every marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Had the cheese as one of my desserts. God that Stilton is awful, never had it before, does anyone actually like it?

is it just the jervis one ? i usually go grafton

I know that alot of stores had availablility issues yesterday, but shouldnt really be a continuous problem getting it on the sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Had the cheese as one of my desserts. God that Stilton is awful, never had it before, does anyone actually like it?

You cant beat a nice piece of stilton, (or most blue cheeses) a few grapes and a glass of good red wine or port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I know that alot of stores had availablility issues yesterday, but shouldnt really be a continuous problem getting it on the sunday

Yeah I went in to Grafton shortly before 7pm on Sunday evening and it was all sold out. I got the impression that it was sold out a good bit before I arrived too as all the signage had been taken down and the shelves where the offer was were restocked with sandwiches and other things. Bummer:(

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Might be something nice next week - for Valentines day! They still had loads of Cava in our local (mullingar) so whats the bet that it appears free with something for Valentines day?

• Advertisement

with valentines being on a saturday, there should deffo be some sort of offer going down

in the meantime there is a "Favorites for €5" offer

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Anyone know if this is happening this week and what's on offer?

Mains

Cook Chicken with Davidstow Cheddar Gratin
    Cook Haddock Gratin
    Cook Meatballs
    Gastropub Fish Pie
    Whole Chicken
    Ready to Roast Turkey
    Ready to Roast Honey Gammon
    2 Lochmuir Trout
    Vegetable Mousakka

Accompaniments

Salad Bowl
    Sage and Onion Stuffing
    Roast Potatoes
    Caesar Vegetables
    Mediterranean Vegetables
    Traditional Veg for Roasting
    Parmentier Potatoes

Desserts

Cappucino Cake
    Lemon Souffle
    Lemon Tart
    2 Mixed Fruit Tarts
    Strawberry Trifle
    Profiterole Stack
    Hot Chocolate Fudge Cake
    Fruit Salad
    Cheese Selection
    Chocolate Mint Selecion

Wine

Cote du Rhone
    Vin de Pays des Cotes de Gascogne
    Pedro Ximenez
    Cobborah Shiraz/ Cabernet Merlot
    Cobborah Chardonnay
    Valencia Orange Juice Twin Pack (2x1 litre)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Going to treat myself tomorrow, and since I don't drink-will get the stuff pre- 10.30 and have the choice of anything I want! The profiterole stack sounds yummy!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

lindtee wrote: »
    The profiterole stack sounds yummy!

It is ! Probably too large for just two...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

parsi wrote: »
    It is ! Probably too large for just two...

I'll be eating the lot myself!:pac::pac:

Anyone know what size the honey roast gammon is? Is it tasty? Any other recommendations from frequent M&S shoppers.

Well i'm going to get the chicken with davistow cheddar, the parmentier potatoes and the hot fudge pudding. I can't wait. I always go for the chicken dish its always yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Where did you get that menu from groutch?

I couldn't find it on their website, I just found this page saying the offer isn't on this week.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/node/n/198933031/278-9643747-7589901?intid=

Where did you get that menu from groutch?

I couldn't find it on their website, I just found this page saying the offer isn't on this week.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/node/n/198933031/278-9643747-7589901?intid=

Nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo Someone say that's a mistake!! :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Is this stuff pre cooked? or in packets or wah? Is it a buffet style thing? Is it all in the same place in the shop or do you have to look around for components?

Advertisement