Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone SE 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Shn99 wrote: »
    Update on this, pre ordered yesterday and recieved an email today with a tracking number and dispatch confirmation

Really, I order about 2mins after available on website. Haven't received any tracking number yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Really, I order about 2mins after available on website. Haven't received any tracking number yet

I didn't not believe you. 😂😂 Making me envious now, you could have in the next day or two. Hopefully should get an email tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭Sarn

Looks like someone messed up in Vodafone and are breaking the release date. Lucky for those that ordered off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Update on this, pre ordered yesterday and recieved an email today with a tracking number and dispatch confirmation

Any luck in getting it today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I want to upgrade my old SE to the new one, got excited when I heard reviews and a price of $349.

Go to apple.ie and it's 499 euro completely taking any good out of the deal.

What exactly is the story with this shyte?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭pedatron

I want to upgrade my old SE to the new one, got excited when I heard reviews and a price of $349.

Go to apple.ie and it's 499 euro completely taking any good out of the deal.

What exactly is the story with this shyte?

iPhone price starts at $399 plus sales tax. They always advertise them that way in the states. It's annoying but the price difference in reality is actually smaller than €150. Still an absolute dose though. The dollar is worth a good bit less than the euro on top of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

pedatron wrote: »
    iPhone price starts at $399 plus sales tax. They always advertise them that way in the states. It's annoying but the price difference in reality is actually smaller than €150. Still an absolute dose though. The dollar is worth a good bit less than the euro on top of that.

It works out about €50 dearer here when you take tax and exchange rates into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

No 3D Touch on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tony1980 wrote: »
    No 3D Touch on this?

3D Touch is a dead technology according to apple. You can still long press on things to get 3D Touch menus.

I miss 3D Touch too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

3D Touch is a dead technology according to apple. You can still long press on things to get 3D Touch menus.

I miss 3D Touch too.

Would 3Dtouch for shortcuts to apps and previous screen work I wonder? I know it sounds silly but I loved using it. I know you can just double tap the touch ID button but I am used to it this way. Think I will still upgrade from my 8 though.

Would 3Dtouch for shortcuts to apps and previous screen work I wonder? I know it sounds silly but I loved using it. I know you can just double tap the touch ID button but I am used to it this way. Think I will still upgrade from my 8 though.

Shortcuts yes, left hand of the screen no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I thought double tap the home button enabled reachability?

quarryman wrote: »
    I thought double tap the home button enabled reachability?

he meant double press.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I am going to upgrade my existing SE 64GB to a new 256GB SE 2020. €250 with VF and stay on similar contract. Spent over an hour trying to order online and gave up. Their site is terribly slow with repeated timeouts and errors. I rang VF and asked could I order over the phone and they said I’d have to wait until they got stock in - they said they would ring me when in. So has anybody been able to pre-order from VF site?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

I am going to upgrade my existing SE 64GB to a new 256GB SE 2020. €250 with VF and stay on similar contract. Spent over an hour trying to order online and gave up. Their site is terribly slow with repeated timeouts and errors. I rang VF and asked could I order over the phone and they said I’d have to wait until they got stock in - they said they would ring me when in. So has anybody been able to pre-order from VF site?

Doubt it, similar experience with an in stock phone recently, their app and website are a total ****show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Mine still says arriving tomorrow although it hasn't even shipped yet, so can't see that being accurate.

Vodafone site is a shambles.

Ordered a White 128GB SE this morning and ported over a family members number to avail of the €50 discount: Phone would be €479.99, instead of €529.99.

I went through the porting process, discount applied, clicked to pay it, and said I would get a confirmation email of the order.

Nearly 4 hours now and no email with any order confirmation etc & they took the FULL €529.99 euro from my bank account. I'm not too sure what I'm more annoyed about, overcharging me, or not knowing if the phone was ordered (and if my sibling's number will possibly be ported for no reason?!)

Customer care said they can't do anything for me without an order number and it could be Monday before I get one! Disaster.

Hi All,

I order a few mins after 1 pm on the day of launch. Literally just clicked order number and now it says shipped, arrives tomorrow.

The shipment tracking number also. Based in Kildare. Was losing hope there!!!

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

rizzee wrote: »

Ordered a White 128GB SE this morning and ported over a family members number to avail of the €50 discount: Phone would be €479.99, instead of €529.99.

I went through the porting process, discount applied, clicked to pay it, and said I would get a confirmation email of the order.

Nearly 4 hours now and no email with any order confirmation etc & they took the FULL €529.99 euro from my bank account. I'm not too sure what I'm more annoyed about, overcharging me, or not knowing if the phone was ordered (and if my sibling's number will possibly be ported for no reason?!)

Customer care said they can't do anything for me without an order number and it could be Monday before I get one! Disaster.

Maybe check your spam folder if you haven't already?

• Advertisement

I used to work in IT for Vodafone, none of that surprises me. For such a big company they have such a nonchalant approach to how bad their customer facing websites are (the internal stuff is just as bad).

Hi All,

I order a few mins after 1 pm on the day of launch. Literally just clicked order number and now it says shipped, arrives tomorrow.

BobbyT28

Mine says shipped now as well. :)

gary550 wrote: »
    Maybe check your spam folder if you haven't already?

Yep, tried that, everything. Thanks.

On phone to CC, on their Live Chat, both can do nothing without an order number. Have to sit around and wait in limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

Hi All,

BobbyT28

I ordered one at the same time as you and order status has changed to shipped too. Although the tracking number isn't active yet, I'm sure that will kick in later.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

rizzee wrote: »

Did you get an email about registration where they say they have set up an account for you and you click on it to pick a password? Otherwise if you register that posting number on my Vodafone you should be able to see the order number on it. Under my orders.

cowlick wrote: »
    Did you get an email about registration where they say they have set up an account for you and you click on it to pick a password? Otherwise if you register that posting number on my Vodafone you should be able to see the order number on it. Under my orders.

Yes, have tried that by using email to register and it said it sent a 6 digit token to my email to activate but haven't received anything.

Also tried register with the phone number and just says its not a valid Vodafone number (as it hasn't ported over yet)

Sorry for derailing thread, I have a post open in consumer issues about this.

DHL tracking working on my order now, says it's in the UK currently. Might actually get it tomorrow.

DHL tracking working on my order now, says it's in the UK currently. Might actually get it tomorrow.

It's express DHL so should have it by 6pm tomorrow

I just checked this morning. My phone arrived in Dublin DHL sorting office at 06:39 :D

• Advertisement

With the delivery courier now. :)

Advertisement