Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony wh-1000xm3

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I got these yesterday. Quite happy with them and was stressing over nothing. Ive a pair of Sony MDR-1a which i love and prefer the sound of but they are wired. Hopefully the dongle ive ordered will give a boost to the sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Just a quick update on the dongle i ordered. Sound quality has improved massively over the laptops Bluetooth sbc connection. Im listening to Tidal Master and the difference is massive. Id highly recommend if people are connecting the headphones to a laptop. The codec being used is Aptx HD. Dongle took 2 weeks to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Currently €279 in Currys and Harvey Norman, cheapest price I've seen in a store and even less than amazon.

Bought the silver ones because they looked good in photos/videos and on the box but in reality they are very dull grey.
    The headband is a nice shiny silver but the colour of the cups reminds me of the grey plastic they make hospital/medial equipment out of :(

Brought back to Harvey Norman and even though the shrink wrap was removed and opened (had it home for a few hours) they let me exchange it for the back ones.
    Much happier :D

Anyone still interested in the silver, definitely ask to see a demo set in person first.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭✭noodler

229 sterling on Amazon which xe says is about €268.

noodler wrote: »
    229 sterling on Amazon which xe says is about €268.
    An extra 1% VAT plus amazon.co.uk exchange rate fee, also obviously not real time like xe.

Cost at checkout with free delivery: €286,24

• Advertisement

An extra 1% VAT plus amazon.co.uk exchange rate fee, also obviously not real time like xe.

Have you done the conversion yourself or is that Amazon's calculation of the euro rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Who uses Amazon's exchange rate?

True.

In fairness the sterling price comes to 234 but they also want 6 sterling for delivery (thought was free with purchases over £25..) which pushes the xe euro cost to 281.

So 279 bricks and mortar here is still good

noodler wrote: »
    Have you done the conversion yourself or is that Amazon's calculation of the euro rate?
    That's Amazon's price at checkout with free delivery.
    You don't have to and I usually dont, but your bank will then charge you their conversion rate/fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

That's Amazon's price at checkout with free delivery.

You don't have to and I usually dont, but your bank will then charge you their conversion rate/fee.

You must be the only person left on boards who doesn't use Revolut.

• Advertisement

Is it really worth preloading your revolut with 240 GBP?

I'm.not sure I've ever noticed the currency conversion charge on my card tbh.

I'm not buying items off amazon costing hundreds of pounds.
    Really not worth it for small purchases personally

Currently €279 in Currys and Harvey Norman, cheapest price I've seen in a store and even less than amazon.
    Correction, with free delivery that amazon price is around €275.50
    Buying from a store seems worth the €3.50

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Has anyone had any issues with less good noise cancelling since the last update?

When I first had my headphones and put them on I couldn't hear the outside world at all, but now I hear a fair bit of sound getting through despite the fact the configuration of the app noise cancelling hasn't changed.

Is it likely to be caused by software or perhaps the fact the ear pads have wore and streched over time meaning that they don't give such a good seal on my head, therefore letting sound in?

• No problem with mine with latest FW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

devnull wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with less good noise cancelling since the last update?

When I first had my headphones and put them on I couldn't hear the outside world at all, but now I hear a fair bit of sound getting through despite the fact the configuration of the app noise cancelling hasn't changed.

Is it likely to be caused by software or perhaps the fact the ear pads have wore and streched over time meaning that they don't give such a good seal on my head, therefore letting sound in?
    I think you just get used to it. When new i could hear stuff I think you just think you can't here anything. I can hardly hear anything else when I have music up loud and they do say the noise cancelling works better with music.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I got a pair of these back in June and have been really disappointed in them. Noise cancelling is alright, but not great compared to Sennheisers I had years ago. I don't get the rave reviews that people give them.
    I even returned mine for a replacement pair as I thought I got a dud pair originally. Second set were just the same.

iamtony wrote: »
    I think you just get used to it. When new i could hear stuff I think you just think you can't here anything. I can hardly hear anything else when I have music up loud and they do say the noise cancelling works better with music.

I don't think it's I'm getting used to it as there are certain sounds that I could never hear at all but now I do, I hear voices through them now that I couldn't hear at all before and make out conversations etc.

Does anyone know where to get good quality replacement ear pads?

Mine have gone quiet flat and because of that they're nowhere near as good as isolating noise as they used to be.

Has anyone had any problems with these just randomly turning off?

I've had issues past week where when I'm listening to something they just randomly turn off, noise cancellation stops, music stops, no voice saying 'power off' , and you need to turn them back on (and get the usual 'power on' voiceover and sometimes it can do this a few times in a row.

Oddly if they fail, they fail within 60 seconds of being turned on, if they get past that period then there never is any problem. It makes no difference what level the battery is either.

I think software bug, but that doesn't explain the hard off, but when I think hardware issue, it doesn't align with the fact they are stable if they hold for over a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I had to have mine repairs at a cost of 150 quid. They were turning off and when you tried to turn them on the blue led would blip for a second and nothing else would happen. It was intermittent and then full failure.

Anyway mine needed a new board. Repair place said new battery but from my own investigation I knew the battery was fine. Thankfully because they would of changed it first at my expense I'm sure and just said well the battery was gone also.

Anyway if your anyway handy you should try take off the Caps and press on on the wires on the ear cup that isn't the battery side. A soldered wire here tends to fail and you can check by pushing in on the wires and try turning them on.

If this doesn't do anything I'd guess the battery is due to he changed.

Advertisement