Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
05-12-2019, 11:09   #61
jlow1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
the whole problem is that they stopped issuing Certs of Export last February
I am well aware of that - see other thread - there is no reason why they cant send one to the dealer that sold the car though is there?
I assume they just don't issue them to people outside of the UK.
jlow1 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-12-2019, 11:13   #62
jlow1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by galwaytt View Post
car will have to go back to UK to get a new V5C. NI an option ??

I still don't understand how people are still getting caught with this. RoI drivers have been. importing cars from UK forever: this is not new.

And the new V5C even has it written on it that it MUST be given to a person exporting it so that it can be re-reg'd in the new owners country.

Does no one read anything anymore ??
DVLA used to issue a permanent export cert up until September this year to ROI drivers, now they don't so hence why the increase of people in this predicament.

I bought a car in Scotland last Saturday and the great fella i dealt with knew exactly the craic and gave me the complete V5C including the export section of it as he knows the VRT send them off to the DVLA once you clear the car here.
jlow1 is offline  
Thanks from:
05-12-2019, 13:31   #63
Isambard
Registered User
 
Isambard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlow1 View Post
I am well aware of that - see other thread - there is no reason why they cant send one to the dealer that sold the car though is there?
I assume they just don't issue them to people outside of the UK.
you assume wrong, they don't issue them anymore full stop.
Isambard is offline  
(2) thanks from:
05-12-2019, 13:32   #64
Isambard
Registered User
 
Isambard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlow1 View Post
DVLA used to issue a permanent export cert up until September this year to ROI drivers, now they don't so hence why the increase of people in this predicament.

I bought a car in Scotland last Saturday and the great fella i dealt with knew exactly the craic and gave me the complete V5C including the export section of it as he knows the VRT send them off to the DVLA once you clear the car here.
they haven't issued them since February.
Isambard is offline  
(2) thanks from:
05-12-2019, 14:07   #65
jlow1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
they haven't issued them since February.
strange as i got one in March and they told me on the phone September.
jlow1 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-12-2019, 17:21   #66
Isambard
Registered User
 
Isambard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4,214
In fact it was 14th January. See first post this thread
Isambard is offline  
Thanks from:
18-02-2020, 18:25   #67
driver83
Registered User
 
driver83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 4
Hi. I in the same situation now,
bought car 28.01.2020 and previous owner send V5C to DVLA,
I contact DVLA and in they system is now mark as permanently exported...
HAS ANYONE SOLVED THE PROBLEM HOW TO REGISTER IN IRELAND ???
driver83 is offline  
Thanks from:
18-02-2020, 21:59   #68
supervento
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver83 View Post
Hi. I in the same situation now,
bought car 28.01.2020 and previous owner send V5C to DVLA,
I contact DVLA and in they system is now mark as permanently exported...
HAS ANYONE SOLVED THE PROBLEM HOW TO REGISTER IN IRELAND ???

You need someone that lives in the Uk to fill in v62 form and send it to dvla in their name and address... take 4-6 weeks for new v5
supervento is offline  
Thanks from:
19-02-2020, 23:41   #69
galwaytt
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,764
Send a message via Skype™ to galwaytt
Quote:
Originally Posted by supervento View Post
You need someone that lives in the Uk to fill in v62 form and send it to dvla in their name and address... take 4-6 weeks for new v5
if it's marked as exported by DVLA, then, to get a new V5C with number, you're going to have to present the car to a UK centre for visual inspection as well

Back to my earlier question: does nobody read anything anymore? ?
galwaytt is offline  
Advertisement
20-02-2020, 08:15   #70
CPTM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by galwaytt View Post
if it's marked as exported by DVLA, then, to get a new V5C with number, you're going to have to present the car to a UK centre for visual inspection as well

Back to my earlier question: does nobody read anything anymore? ?
What are you trying to gain on this thread with that second question? Are you trying to give out to us or something? I read a lot, I just didnt see originals were required. Many people are saying visual inspection may not be required in all cases.
CPTM is offline  
20-02-2020, 08:19   #71
Isambard
Registered User
 
Isambard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTM View Post
What are you trying to gain on this thread with that second question? Are you trying to give out to us or something? I read a lot, I just didnt see originals were required. Many people are saying visual inspection may not be required in all cases.
he actually quoted the guy saying you need form V62 which isn't the case I believe with an export-marked car. Whether you can do this without an inspection remains to be seen. You won't find a definitive answer on here.
Isambard is offline  
20-02-2020, 12:24   #72
macplaxton
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by galwaytt View Post
you're going to have to present the car to a UK centre for visual inspection as well
Re: Imports/re-imports into UK.

That hasn't happened for a long time (since they closed all the local DVLA offices). Now they when they do want to do an inspection, they send SGS round to the applicant's (UK) address to look at it. So yes, and equal problem, but it's not like the old days when it had to be taken to a DVLA local office and someone came out to look.

I'd suggest, ring the DVLA to see what they say?
macplaxton is offline  
20-02-2020, 21:27   #73
supervento
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by galwaytt View Post
if it's marked as exported by DVLA, then, to get a new V5C with number, you're going to have to present the car to a UK centre for visual inspection as well

Back to my earlier question: does nobody read anything anymore? ?
This was not the case for a friend of mine in a similar situation last year..

He purchased a vintage car in the uk. The export slip was sent off by the previous keeper (confirmed with seller he sent it in). Around 3 months later he went in to vrt it and because the bottom of the v5 was damaged and missing some document numbers he had to get a new v5. He simply transferred the vehicle into a family members name and address in the Uk and the dvla sent out a v5 in two weeks.... simple..

Last edited by supervento; 20-02-2020 at 21:56.
supervento is offline  
21-02-2020, 13:48   #74
Isambard
Registered User
 
Isambard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by supervento View Post
This was not the case for a friend of mine in a similar situation last year..

He purchased a vintage car in the uk. The export slip was sent off by the previous keeper (confirmed with seller he sent it in). Around 3 months later he went in to vrt it and because the bottom of the v5 was damaged and missing some document numbers he had to get a new v5. He simply transferred the vehicle into a family members name and address in the Uk and the dvla sent out a v5 in two weeks.... simple..
was it marked as exported on the system though? easy thing to check. Maybe the slip went astray
,
Isambard is offline  
Thanks from:
21-02-2020, 20:32   #75
supervento
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
was it marked as exported on the system though? easy thing to check. Maybe the slip went astray
,
Yes according to the vehicle enquiry checker it was marked as exported.
supervento is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet