Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-09-2019, 14:22   #31
Lemonheadlenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1irish View Post
What ever any one does do not try send off for the export form as the put the car done as been exported from uk /ni so no hope in getting a replacement v5 mistake I made.if haven of done that if you know anyone in Uk or north get a v62 form and 25 pound post order and send it to the address you have in new name and get them to send it to you when arrives they can send in the slip on the side to dvla to say car was exported and you have the full v5 to vrt it. Now we’re I’m stuck cause iv notified dvla and the car is down as exported from uk so would need to be registered over there again witch wouldn’t be hard if you lived there.can anyone help with ideas even for someone up the north to buy the car or a deal off something.madness illegal to charge vrt but they can’t do anything for me when wanting to pay
Any chance I could call you about this? Garage I bought from in Scotland reported car exported and the V5C has now been lost (although I have scanned copy- useless apparently!)

Does this mean that I cannot use the V62 to get a new V5C? I have a sister living in Edinburgh...

at my wits' end.....

Help from anyone else greatly appreciated...
Advertisement
20-09-2019, 15:56   #32
Isambard

query answered on the other thread, maybe a Mod could amalgamate the posts?
30-10-2019, 10:34   #33
11wingnut

Did you get sorted? I am in a similar predicament.. Tried export cert first then ni address for v5 but they recorded it as exported now want utility bill for ni address ..
06-11-2019, 12:42   #34
ba_barabus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11wingnut View Post
Did you get sorted? I am in a similar predicament.. Tried export cert first then ni address for v5 but they recorded it as exported now want utility bill for ni address ..
That's where I got snookered.

Are you friends with someone with a TAN number who could import the car for you and "sell" it to you.

It's a possible avenue.
06-11-2019, 13:25   #35
Isambard

the problem is the UK computer shows it has been exported already and there is no paperwork to register it in Ireland. In a case like this, it would need to be re-registered as a Uk car to generate a V5C to use to re-reg it here, and you need a UK address to do that. Nightmare.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-11-2019, 17:05   #36
11wingnut

Not only an address needed , but utility bill and license
06-11-2019, 17:16   #37
Car99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
the problem is the UK computer shows it has been exported already and there is no paperwork to register it in Ireland. In a case like this, it would need to be re-registered as a Uk car to generate a V5C to use to re-reg it here, and you need a UK address to do that. Nightmare.
I rang DVLA about getting a new V5 for a car that is on their system as being exported , they said to get a new V5 the car would have to be brought back to the UK and registered again, I believe they have to check the car physically to issue a new V5 . The same way our VRT crowd inspect cars when we want to reg them in Ireland.

And the car needs a current UK MOT to be registered in the UK or NI .

Last edited by Car99; 06-11-2019 at 17:25.
06-11-2019, 17:25   #38
11wingnut

I have not seen or herd of a physical inspection ,, but they are being awkward to europeans.
06-11-2019, 20:11   #39
Car99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11wingnut View Post
I have not seen or herd of a physical inspection ,, but they are being awkward to europeans.
I don't know if they do theinspections but they say on their info page they may request to inspect the car.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-11-2019, 03:10   #40
macplaxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car99 View Post
And the car needs a current UK MOT to be registered in the UK or NI .
Not quite. Whilst still in the EU, they have to mutually recognise other member states valid certs. If it has no current test cert, it'll need a MOT.
07-11-2019, 03:12   #41
macplaxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car99 View Post
I don't know if they do theinspections but they say on their info page they may request to inspect the car.
They don't do them themselves any more since they closed all the local VROs. I think they subcontracted the job out to SGS. They don't check all cars, just some.
03-12-2019, 11:33   #42
gstack

Hi folks
I am in a similar position to 11-wingnut and others , bought a car, dealer sent VC5 to Swansea DVLA who have now listed the car as exported .
Do I have to re-register ?
What is the exact procedure ?
I have a friend in the uk whom is willing to help but I would like to be clear in my own head about what needs to be done first.
Do I re-register in his name as he is UK resident has UK licence , utilities etc ?
Any advice appreciated

Last edited by gstack; 03-12-2019 at 11:40. Reason: hit return early
Thanks from:
03-12-2019, 15:48   #43
Car99

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstack View Post
Do I re-register in his name as he is UK resident has UK licence , utilities etc ?
Any advice appreciated
That would be your easiest option.
Thanks from:
03-12-2019, 15:57   #44
Esel
Not your ornery onager

I'm pretty sure the car has to be in the UK to be re-registered there.
Thanks from:
03-12-2019, 20:53   #45
Isambard

i think they may want to inspect it but possibly won't.

You can't just re-register it in his name as it is marked as exported. You'll have to go through the import procedure in order to get a new V5C issued in your friends name and address. You can then use this to register the car in Ireland.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion