Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knightsgate, Rush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Hi All,

Looking for some information on the 3 bedroom houses.

1. Does anyone have the size of the cabinet for the oven? We are looking at a double oven.
    2. Does anyone know if the attic is ready to convert? As in is there steel already in place?

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 aurawindsurfing

So a little update on the broadband... I've been told that the development has been wired for Virgin Media to each house (from the property agency) The estate won't be connected for another 3 to 4 months supposedly until all the construction is finished.

Now I take this with a pinch of salt until I see firm evidence... I also have a case with Virgin Media as they want to get a line in.

Hi @flowrider,

I have received some bad news today from Virgin Media. As usual eircode did not come up on their website but I was told to contact Virgin Media Constructions/Developement department.

I managed to pass the eircode over the phone. They checked the location and gave me this answer:

"Decision has been made on the 20/01/2020 that the estate WILL NOT BE CONNCTED to Virgin Media"

I have asked for a written confirmation and was told that they will try to send me something my email.

This is exrtremly dissapoiting as given the answer you received and the rest of us. We were made belive that there will be connection and that there will be service available.

Can please everyone make the same phonecall to the Virgin Media and complain directly to the developer?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Hi @flowrider,

I have received some bad news today from Virgin Media. As usual eircode did not come up on their website but I was told to contact Virgin Media Constructions/Developement department.

I managed to pass the eircode over the phone. They checked the location and gave me this answer:

"Decision has been made on the 20/01/2020 that the estate WILL NOT BE CONNCTED to Virgin Media"

I have asked for a written confirmation and was told that they will try to send me something my email.

This is exrtremly dissapoiting as given the answer you received and the rest of us. We were made belive that there will be connection and that there will be service available.

Can please everyone make the same phonecall to the Virgin Media and complain directly to the developer?

Thanks!

Since they are currenlty doing viewings etc. does it make sense for this to be relayed to Glenveagh and to REA Grimes? At the very least I doubt they want prospective buyers to get wind that there is no broadband, and no solution in sight?

As it is they're advertising the great transport links with a picture of the train station, without mentiioning you'll be standing on the train, and upcoming possible bus cuts.

If you can provide the written information or anything that would be great..... :)

I find it mad that the developers and REA Grimes advertising them with Virgin Media Fiber

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Since they are currenlty doing viewings etc. does it make sense for this to be relayed to Glenveagh and to REA Grimes? At the very least I doubt they want prospective buyers to get wind that there is no broadband, and no solution in sight?

As it is they're advertising the great transport links with a picture of the train station, without mentiioning you'll be standing on the train, and upcoming possible bus cuts.

I laughed at those Instagram posts too - especially the one that said "you can stroll to a selection of shops or restuarants" with a pic of a pub, a butcher's and a Super Valu...:rolleyes: Culinary metropolis it is not...

Update from my end re: broadband is that I've now registered a complaint with ComReg and they say they are going to escalate the case with Eir. They did say that Eir are only obliged to provide a landline rather than broadband (under the act quoted earlier in this thread), but if we can get them to do that it's the first step.

• Advertisement

I want prospective buyers to knock in and ask us our opinion so we can tell them to raise the broadband issue when in at the show house.

I want prospective buyers to knock in and ask us our opinion so we can tell them to raise the broadband issue when in at the show house.

I mentioned it to them at the showhouse.... and they were like thats news to us.... all houses are wired for broadband etc etc.....

Got nowhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

In relation to the availability of broadband services to Knightsgate housing estate in Rush, OpenEir have informed me of the following updates:

“The Build Team has advised that, although this development has its challenges, it is forecasting that without any other snags the build should complete within the next four weeks which will enable the RFO date to be set. Once the works are complete and the RFO date is set, broadband services should be available within a month providing there are no unforeseen delays.”

Given this information, at the very minimum it should take 2 months for OpenEir to complete works and have services available.

I will continue to check in with the OpenEir team to see if works are still on track.

Kind regards

Had that back from the digital officer in Fingal

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 liam56

Hi all,

I was hoping someone on hear can help me, I am looking at buying a 3 bed in knightsgate- I fell in love with the show house.

Does anyone know if more 3 beds will be built or is the development finished, I called REA today and they didn't give much info other than the 3 beds in the current phase are sold and didn't have info on later phases but would put me on a waiting list.

• Advertisement

Your only chance will be probably some people dropping out due to mortgage difficulties. Get your staff ready and organised. As far as we can see the estate is finished so if they sold all of the houses there is not much you can do about it.

Dear Eoghan,

In relation to the availability of broadband services to Knightsgate housing estate in Rush, OpenEir have informed me of the following updates:

“The Build Team has advised that, although this development has its challenges, it is forecasting that without any other snags the build should complete within the next four weeks which will enable the RFO date to be set. Once the works are complete and the RFO date is set, broadband services should be available within a month providing there are no unforeseen delays.”

Given this information, at the very minimum it should take 2 months for OpenEir to complete works and have services available.

I will continue to check in with the OpenEir team to see if works are still on track.

Kind regards

Had that back from the digital officer in Fingal

There is hope!

Quick Question for people that are already in Knightsgate.

Has anyone installed a google nest thermostat?

I checked with Joule and long story short there is no point to do so.

The system we have should be on all the time due to being very slow in temperature changes. It takes hours to heat it up by 2,3 degrees therefore a Nest termostat will not benefit you in any particular way. The ones we have already are good enought and sensitive enough. Also the houses are really warm.

Maybe some people here can share their electric bills. I got mine recently and for month of December and January it worked out at 240e so 120e ish per month. I think this is pretty good considering there are no other expenses other then electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 omgsorcha

liam56 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was hoping someone on hear can help me, I am looking at buying a 3 bed in knightsgate- I fell in love with the show house.

Does anyone know if more 3 beds will be built or is the development finished, I called REA today and they didn't give much info other than the 3 beds in the current phase are sold and didn't have info on later phases but would put me on a waiting list.
    Glenveagh hasn’t decided if it will give the contract for the remaining houses to REA or if they will bulk sell the houses to an investor. This estate if finished but another estate will be build by another developer as a continuation of the avenue. No idea when though and could be totally different houses.

Is that confirmed about another estate? I didn't know that

omgsorcha wrote: »
    Glenveagh hasn’t decided if it will give the contract for the remaining houses to REA or if they will bulk sell the houses to an investor. This estate if finished but another estate will be build by another developer as a continuation of the avenue. No idea when though and could be totally different houses.

I see no planning permission being submitted for this new estate.

Planning hasn’t gone in as far as I can see. But the land was zoned as per the development plan and I was told that another developer has bought the land. The avenue will continue to the gaa club and then out to the skerries road.

A park is zoned on the Sea Brook estate side and then a secondary school closer to the GAA and houses on the other side.

You can see more of the plans for the area on the Rush Kenure Local Area Plan on FCC website.

Does anyone know how to search An Board Pleanala ? Glenveagh put in planning last year for 4 duplex apartments on the crèche site in the estate and were turned down. But they have lodged an appeal with An Board Pleanala and want to see what happens. I would rather two more houses or the crèche (the same size as two houses) be built than apartments. The planning application was F19A/0468.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 louni31

This is all a bit concerning.We are hoping to go ahead with purchasing in the current 'cul de sac' in the coming weeks..

Is the Rush Kenure plan on FCC you're referencing from 2009?

In it on page 41 it displays a relief road running the whole way through the avenue...surely if a wall is built at this point and the land behind knightsgate purchased by a separate developer they cannot install such a relief road?

Also noticed about the apartments being denied but didn't realise they had submitted an appeal. Please can you keep us posted if you get an update on this?
    Another 2 houses or a creche would be far more suitable. Pure greediness to squeeze apartments into that small site.

• Advertisement

Heres the planning

The appeal was lodged on 23-Dec-2019

Here are the floorplans for the planned apartments - Click Here

My understanding is that The Avenue will form the relief road. The next developer will have to continue the road. On the west side of the road will be a park and secondary school and houses on the east side of the road. That is why the footpaths on The Avenue are wider and have a cycle-lane. You can see mention of it on all the planning applications for Knightsgate F16A/0221 and F15A/0294 . I don’t mind the road so much and it might not happen for years, or ever, like you say it’s been approved for the last ten years, but the planning is there for it. Just something to be aware of.
    Just hope An Board Pleanála hold up the councils decision on the apartments. Crèche spaces will be needed and if no one is willing to open one I hope they just put in the same houses as the rest of the estate.

Latest Fingal CoCo Document

See Document here

• Registered Users Posts: 3 louni31

omgsorcha wrote: »
    My understanding is that The Avenue will form the relief road. The next developer will have to continue the road. On the west side of the road will be a park and secondary school and houses on the east side of the road. That is why the footpaths on The Avenue are wider and have a cycle-lane. You can see mention of it on all the planning applications for Knightsgate F16A/0221 and F15A/0294 . I don’t mind the road so much and it might not happen for years, or ever, like you say it’s been approved for the last ten years, but the planning is there for it. Just something to be aware of.
    Just hope An Board Pleanála hold up the councils decision on the apartments. Crèche spaces will be needed and if no one is willing to open one I hope they just put in the same houses as the rest of the estate.

Thanks for this, very useful. I thought that I had looked at the correct planning documents for the development online and that the wall at the northern end was also indicated in this and no relief road displayed.
    I find it kind of shocking that you can advertise and sell to someone with end product of an estate house when in fact it will possibly be on a main road - completely changes things. I thought if they did develop field behind it would be a separate estate. Traffic will increase vastly!

Forgive my ignorance but you also mention that REA might not be given the remainder of the houses to sell and this may be given to an investor...what does that mean - private renting?
    REA informed us that they were only given the 7 houses at the top of the estate and the remainder hasn't been released which I did find weird at the time as the 4 beds on the avenue across from those finished appear to be much more completed....I'm just very cautious and would appreciate some advice! Thanks

Hi, yes could be private renting or the investor might sell them on at a higher price or could be sold to a housing body. No way of knowing unless someone in Glenveagh tells you I guess.
    Yes, those 4beds 15-23 on The Avenue are finished but will be part of the bulk sale if that goes ahead.
    I agree, REA have to be aware of the potential road, all the documents are there. Very dishonest not to be open about it.
    The decision in the apartments is due before the 5th of May which is frustrating for anyone at contract stage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Not good news on the broadband.

After weeks of to-ing and fro-ing (and acting on my ComReg complaint) Eir have finally come back and reiterated that "broadband service is unavailable to you at this time" (no ****, Sherlock) and will not be drawn on a date.

ComReg have also washed their hands of it, which I find unbelievable. They're not even enforcing the 'fixed phone line' legal obligation that Eir have.

I've done all I can on this, I officially give up! Hotspotting off the phone has worked fine until now, so we will continue using that. And I can tell you one thing - whenever Eir do decide they want my business, they'll be met with a polite but firm PFO. :)

If anyone's reading this and thinking of buying in Knightsgate, they need to be aware of the broadband situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tione88

Hi anyone knows how is in charge of the road? Since they closed the temp entrance the current new road is a disaster and not fully tarmac. Would anyone know when will it be tarmac or how to contact to have to road sorted?

I think the road will be finished when the construction is completed. Otherwise it could be destroyed by heavy equipment.

anyone any idea what they're doing with that mud patch at the road, with the hollow in the middle?

• Advertisement

I think that's where the playground is to go

Advertisement