Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 windyday

delux wrote: »
    We have put a deposit down for a house in Parkside as well, hopefully they will be finished by June
    Hi, just curious about your new house being finished in June because there are finished houses already there which are empty. Was there a reason why you didn't go for one of those?
    (I live in Parkside already btw, happy with it so far:))
    Hi Delux, none of the ones available was the type we wanted so have to wait for the next phase...I hope it will be well worth the wait. Delighted to hear you like it so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bigred0823

Hi,

We just put a deposit on a house there and were wondering what is included in the finishes? Is flooring included? I've emailed the project manager but haven't heard anything back yet. Just trying to budget for what we need to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mmarika

Bigred0823 wrote: »
    Hi,

We just put a deposit on a house there and were wondering what is included in the finishes? Is flooring included? I've emailed the project manager but haven't heard anything back yet. Just trying to budget for what we need to buy.

We got tiles in bathrooms, kitchen and hall on a ground floor. Everything else we are arranging ourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Mmarika wrote: »
    Hello, I have a question to people who already moved in: is water pump on a ground floor noisy?

Yeah, it is a little bit.

There are things you can do to improve it though, e.g. : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shower-Vibration-Reduction-Absorption-PumpMat/dp/B00QRXFEVE, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056055077

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

yes its noisy but I expect it to improve once the rest of the flooring and furniture goes in and kills some of the echo, then I intend to put some sound proofing on the walls around it (leaving the main part exposed, do not fully enclose it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dublin1980

powerstar wrote: »
    Hi, I am just wondering any issues with pyrite in this area ?
    The famous Pyrite issue only affected houses and developments that were built around 10 years ago. Parkside is a new development.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭andrea1983

is there any GPs in the area taking on patients??

Very hard to register anywhere these days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭delux

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mmarika View Post
    Hello, I have a question to people who already moved in: is water pump on a ground floor noisy?

There are things you can do to improve it though
    That's an interesting link about the soundproofing, thanks. It's not a huge issue for me but would be nice to dampen the sound a bit.

To Mmarika, All new builds seem to have these pumps though. I've seen on some of the more expensive new houses elsewhere, the pump is outside the house to cut down on noise.. but those houses are pretty expensive, so I guess that feature is a luxury :)

The plus side of the pump though is that the showers are great. Proper full-on hotel-like showers. None of that tickly little spray nonsense you get from normal electric showers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭powerstar

Does any one know where they are going to build new schools ? Sales agent told me those existing schools are only temporary and they are building permanent schools south of Parkside but I can't find anything online. Does any one know where can I find planning permission details for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Irene_g555

Hi,
    We just put the deposit down for one of these houses :) so excited.
    Does anyone know if there will be a street or at least a path from the south side of the development to the middle of The hole in the wall street? It will save a lot of time going to the bus/train station as at the moment you need to go all the way around to the north entrance.

@powerstar, you can see where the schools will be here: http://i.imgur.com/qAPRXEA.jpg and apparently they were recently given the green light by the council.

@irene, congrats :) I was actually wondering about that myself. As you say, would be especially handy for people who buy further south in the development. It will be a fairly big development though so I'd have thought there'll be more than one way in but I don't know for sure. Next time I'm talking to them I'll ask or you could drop the mail, they are pretty helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i see the 4bed has gone up from 350K to 370K. this shows parkside is doing good

• Registered Users Posts: 11 parksider

Do you think because the new 4-bed A-typ is in better location, overlooking a small park ?

Hello anyone buying, living in Parkside,
    I'm interested in this development, though it is quite a commute distance to work for me.
    - Is there any management fee to maintain the look of the site ?
    - How is the security in general ?
    - When you do snag-list check, what are the typical minor errors ?
    - are ESB, virgin media available there, so that I just need to switch address. Do you think your bills are smaller with A-rated house ?
    - Close to the sea, do you think it will be windy and colder during winter months ?
    - How many house will be built in total and over how many phases, year duration ?

Cheers.

parksider wrote: »
    Hello anyone buying, living in Parkside,
    I'm interested in this development, though it is quite a commute distance to work for me.

No management fees.

Our snagger was bad, he didn't pointed at some issues. He noticed a bad paint here and there (builders repainted the whole place), slight damage to window frames, gutters were not clear, some wiring was missing (plumbers didn't finish at that point). We separately asked to mark fuses box, to fix one kitchen door, to fix earth wire for kitchen sink.

We found builders incredible helpful even after our move.

- are ESB, virgin media available there, so that I just need to switch address. Do you think your bills are smaller with A-rated house ?

Virgin media and Electric Ireland are available here. Not sure about bills, we moved less than month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gleNine

Does any one know where they are going to build new schools ? Sales agent told me those existing schools are only temporary and they are building permanent schools south of Parkside but I can't find anything online. Does any one know where can I find planning permission details for them?

Also interested in knowing.
    Specifically for educate together - what are the names of the current schools?

Anyone know what the availability of the 4 storey, 4 bed is?
    I spoke with the sales agent but I feel like they were more focused on selling what is ready right now. Which is understandable.

No mgmt fee

- How is the security in general ?
    It's fine

Ours were all minor. We used homesnag.ie thought they were very good. The guy had already snagged a few of the houses and he said they were a good finish. Short snag lists compared to some other developments.

Yes, and yes. Your bills will be lower.

- Close to the sea, do you think it will be windy and colder during winter months ?
    No more than other areas in Dublin, really. They are warm houses.

- How many house will be built in total and over how many phases, year duration ?
    Not sure about this. I think about 500

Hi, All of 3 beds are terraced houses, How is the sound insulation for them? Can you hear from your neighbors?

End of terrace is 10K more compared to mid terrace, Even end of terrace has potential to get noise from one side of the house. So does it make sense to spend 10k extra?

Does any one know about visitor parking spaces, I know every house has 2 parking spaces but not sure about visitor parking.

Any advise for people already moved in much appreciated.

• Advertisement

The sound insulation is good. Better than most houses I've been in.

Whether it's worth 10k to be semi-detached is personal preference really. Semis are usually more expensive than terraced. The terraced houses have a back alley so you can bring your bins etc around without having to go through the house.

Visitor parking is a bit of a problem actually. You need to park on the outskirts of the development if you've many people over.

@Mmarika: Thank for your quick answers especially snag-check.
    @GoodBridge: Thank you for your answers. Do you think with 500 houses, it will takes year to fill all the houses, so we may live with construction site for long.
    @powerstar: I myself think the price of 3-bed is quite goodl, we hope the house holds the price or even increases over years.
    @gleNine: 4-bed house type A is now 370k, wil be available during Christmas. Nice house, good price, good location as they overlook the park.

gleNine wrote: »
    Also interested in knowing.
    Specifically for educate together - what are the names of the current schools?

I found a planning application for school it seems. I can't paste links, you can see it on dublincity, reference number 3601/15
    As far as I understand from a letter about community meeting, both existing schools will move to a new place.

And did anybody went for a community meeting 25th June? Was there anything interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shawnxxiong

I spoke with the sales agent but I feel like they were more focused on selling what is ready right now. Which is understandable.
    We went for a view last Sat and talked with the sales agent. Plenty of A-type (3 storey, 4 beds) left and next phase will be released in September.

We went for a view last Sat and talked with the sales agent. Plenty of A-type (3 storey, 4 beds) left and next phase will be released in September.

@ shawnxxiong : What do you think of the houses and area in general? Do you think do you go ahead with sale?

@ shawnxxiong : What do you think of the houses and area in general? Do you think do you go ahead with sale?
    The area is good - still some wasteland but that's for future phases of Parkside. The finishing of the house is quite impressive. And easy access to all the facilities - shop, cinema, gym, school, parks, transportation. The only problem is the sound of the water pump, but there is some way to insulate - not sure how much it will help. Yea, I think we will try to put some deposit either this phase or next.

GoodBridge wrote: »
    Mmarika wrote: »

There are things you can do to improve it though, e.g. : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shower-Vibration-Reduction-Absorption-PumpMat/dp/B00QRXFEVE, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056055077
    GoodBridge, is your water pump still noisy? we had a view last week and the noise really worries us.

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Yes, you can hear it but it's not that loud. You can still carry on conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

4 storey? i thought there were only 3 storey ones.

• Advertisement

4 storey? i thought there were only 3 storey ones.

My mistake - I did mean to say 3 storey :)

Advertisement