Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭morphy87

From what I understand from our own mart, sellers drop off stock and leave mart. Buyers may inspect stock, but there is no one allowed into the ring. It'll be all online buying. That should work ok.

How long are buyers allowed to inspect the stock? I hate to be critical in these testing times but I can’t see much of a difference between a hundred on a building site or a meat factory to 20 people 2m apart in a sales ring

morphy87 wrote: »
    How long are buyers allowed to inspect the stock? I hate to be critical in these testing times but I can’t see much of a difference between a hundred on a building site or a meat factory to 20 people 2m apart in a sales ring

I'm not sure, I heard they might use an appointment system. If that's the case then you could get separation by time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭morphy87

I'm not sure, I heard they might use an appointment system. If that's the case then you could get separation by time.

They might relax the guidelines some bit, the last time we were in lockdown all the construction sites,schools,crèches and Nct centers were closed but not this time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

As long as whatever they allow is ran with a tight ship, it should be ok. We'll see what they allow for livestock sales. Hopefully buyers drop off. Viewing is controlled as IMO that was a weak point in some marts. Then bidding can be online or maybe combined with limited buyers present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭kk.man

Robson99 wrote: »
    Marts will have to stay open....coming into arguably the busiest time of the year.

It's a joke though that 30 odd people can pull and drag out of each other and sweat and spit running after a ball but only 10 people can attend a funeral.

Finally fair play to Colm O Rourke for calling out the Teachers union for acting the taepots

Nearly as bad as farmers at a mart! I been to many a mart since this pandemic and almost every time auld lads hanging out of one another thinking they are immune. I notice in recent weeks mart staff not wearing masks. It really gauls me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 releasevalve

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/#organised-indoor-gatherings
    By this, they will probably shut, but there are exceptions like building and schools. So I don't know

Online only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭endainoz

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Have you forgotten that even the likes of Tony Holohan and Luke O'Neill told us that masks were of very limited benefit back in the spring?!
    How quickly the grey becomes black and white for some people.
    Masks are fine if used correctly and in the correct context. However, the vast majority don't wear them correctly and in some cases the misurse is worse than no mask at all.

Scientists have learned more about the virus over time. They now agree that masks are beneficial, opinions can easily change as we understand things more.

But you admit masks are fine so you kind of cancel out your first paragraph.

I have no idea where you get that the vast majority don't wear them correctly? First I heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Sure take more than covid to snuff some of them oul lads hanging outta one and other round the ring. Have you never seen some of the shy it they put in their mouths.be it tobacco or some poison from the canteens. Proven immunity a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Going for a test later today - developed a couple of symptoms since the WE:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Going for a test later today - developed a couple of symptoms since the WE:(

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

NCTs to continue as normal, subject to social distancing rules.
    https://twitter.com/franmcnulty/status/1318511669623050241?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭endainoz

They had to keep services like the NCT going, the huge backlog from last time still hasn't been cleared.

I'm not comfortable with the NCT as they were quite lax in the early part last shutdown. Don't like a stranger sitting into my car. At this time would you pick up some one hiking on the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Water John wrote: »
    I'm not comfortable with the NCT as they were quite lax in the early part last shutdown. Don't like a stranger sitting into my car. At this time would you pick up some one hiking on the road?

Suppose that depends on how good looking she is.

Suppose that depends on how good looking she is.

They say a fella's wick has no brain.

Went to smyths this evening. It wasn't very busy. I bought nothing. They are closing tomorrow evening.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Went to smyths this evening. It wasn't very busy. I bought nothing. They are closing tomorrow evening.

Heading there tomorrow to pick up a few small bits for the young lad, surprises for during lockdown to distract him. Last time I headed I didn't go in, the que was quite long outside as they were limiting the number of people inside.

They will still be operating click and collect and home delivery during lockdown

They will still be operating click and collect and home delivery during lockdown

I might have a look at the home delivery

Aldi will be limiting toy purchases to one per customer during lockdown.

• Advertisement

I might have a look at the home delivery

I looked at 2 things one of the kids saw in store, both not available for home delivery but they were on the shelf !

I looked at 2 things one of the kids saw in store, both not available for home delivery but they were on the shelf !

I can imagine, the items I was thinking of aren't available either, I bet they're in store like you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

_Brian wrote: »
    Relax there.
    The teachers have explained the science to the kids. Within their safe zone they are sufficiently far away from students not to be a risk. This isn’t a bad example, this is treating the kids with respect and keeping with the science rather than optics.

It is very questionable if the pupils are treated with respect.
    Yes, the pupils were instructed on what and what not to do.
    In that particular school one teacher (rightly) told off a pupil for not following the one way system and that teacher then did the same thing.

Also social distance is not practised where the lockers are situated.
    Many of the pupils are scared they may get the Virus.
    I am not anti-teacher by any means. I am pointing out the hypocrisy.

Aldi will be limiting toy purchases to one per customer during lockdown.

Will they be doing that with the DIY stuff on the 29th is what I want to know :eek: :pac:

It is very questionable if the pupils are treated with respect.
    Yes, the pupils were instructed on what and what not to do.
    In that particular school one teacher (rightly) told off a pupil for not following the one way system and that teacher then did the same thing.

Also social distance is not practised where the lockers are situated.
    Many of the pupils are scared they may get the Virus.
    I am not anti-teacher by any means. I am pointing out the hypocrisy.

No lockers in our school anymore. They took them out. Each child has a plastic box under their desk that only their books go in. Some schools seem to be better set up than others

No golf allowed in level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

If I ruled the world I'd ban it at all times.

Only senior intercounty GAA remains playing, all underage games postponed.

Depended completely on a good Principal and good Chairperson BOM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Mehal Martin looks like he has aged about 10 years since taking over, shocking the way they haven't prepared for this second wave that was inevitable to arrive, no plan what's so ever, shocking.

Advertisement