Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Freedom means nothing left to lose.

Kris says

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Freedom means nothing left to lose.

Kris was right

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

did i read correctly that he is out of jail on a conditional temporary release

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

shafty100 wrote: »
    did i read correctly that he is out of jail on a conditional temporary release

Depends what you read. Not sure how we are supposed to assess your eyesight ?

there was no source to the article and not in the mainstream media at present so im just wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

there was no source to the article and not in the mainstream media at present so im just wondering

A quick google says he's on temporary release.

While I had the energy to perform said Google, I can't be arsed posting links. People know where to find them if they're curious.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

how convenient for him , typical outcome in priviledged ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 17,947 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hope he is released, you shouldn't be locking up a kid who bought a bit of weed with hardened criminals

agreed , but to be convicted on an offence that alledgedy carries a mandatory 10 year sentence unless mitigating circumstances prevail legally , wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

agreed , but to be convicted on an offence that alledgedy carries a mandatory 10 year sentence unless mitigating circumstances prevail legally , wtf

He probably sang like a canary to beat the 10 year sentence. He was a good boy.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Hope he is released, you shouldn't be locking up a kid who bought a bit of weed with hardened criminals

It wasnt a bit and it wasnt his first time and he had many warning to cease and desist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Caught with €30k worth of drugs 18 months ago and now back out on the streets? Christ this is not what I meant when I wished for a swift justice system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,947 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Well you have people who got handed life sentences for murder out in about 10 years, so a kid who dappled a little bit in the hash is hardly going to get years and years.

He's served 4 to 6 months?
    It's the experience of that and not the duration that might wake him up. Unless he fancies himself as the real deal now :pac:

markodaly wrote: »
    Well you have people who got handed life sentences for murder out in about 10 years, so a kid who dappled a little bit in the hash is hardly going to get years and years.

Its very hard to prove murder, there is usually a deal done for manslaughter.
    That is about 7 years.
    Murders usually take only one life, drug dealers take and devastate many lives over time. The rewards for drugs now greatly outweigh the risk and punishment for being caught, in fact I would say it out weighs a gamble on the stock market.

Its very hard to prove murder, there is usually a deal done for manslaughter.
    That is about 7 years.
    Murders usually take only one life, drug dealers take and devastate many lives over time. The rewards for drugs now greatly outweigh the risk and punishment for being caught, in fact I would say it out weighs a gamble on the stock market.

I am talking about people who are actually convicted of murder, not manslaughter. The sentences for manslaughter are even worse, guys walking out of the joint after a few years even though they beat someone to death.

You would swear this guy is El Chapo or Escobar the way you are going on. Dealing cannabis is a nonviolent crime, up there with not paying the TV license.

It will be legal in the next decade I reckon and we will be scratching our heads wondering why we locked people up for this 'crime'.

I am talking about people who are actually convicted of murder, not manslaughter. The sentences for manslaughter are even worse, guys walking out of the joint after a few years even though they beat someone to death.

You would swear this guy is El Chapo or Escobar the way you are going on. Dealing cannabis is a nonviolent crime, up there with not paying the TV license.

It will be legal in the next decade I reckon and we will be scratching our heads wondering why we locked people up for this 'crime'.

He knew well what he was doing. Cannabis is illegal because it is addictive and either brings other mental health problems to the surface or makes them worse. At best it steals time and life.

Great next decade we can legalise cannabis and then tax it to pay for the rise in mental health problems.

He knew well what he was doing. Cannabis is illegal because it is addictive and either brings other mental health problems to the surface or makes them worse.

There has been no conclusive proof that it is. Certainly not on the level of alcohol, tobacco or other pharmaceutical drugs.
    At best it steals time and life.

Like alcohol then.

There has been no conclusive proof that it is. Certainly not on the level of alcohol, tobacco or other pharmaceutical drugs.

Like alcohol then.

You keep telling yourself that....Cannabis is not addictive, cannabis is not a gateway drug, cannabis doesn't make you go soft in the head.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(49)92263-1/fulltext

Alcohol does that too. I have seen the destructive side of alcohol too and it not pretty.

You keep telling yourself that....Cannabis is not addictive, cannabis is not a gateway drug, cannabis doesn't make you go soft in the head.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(49)92263-1/fulltext

Alcohol does that too. I have seen the destructive side of alcohol too and it not pretty.

So the question is, why is one legal when the other is illegal and the legal drug is far far more destructive in society.

• Advertisement

So the question is, why is one legal when the other is illegal and the legal drug is far far more destructive in society.

Y'see I am not a lawyer, I just know enough law to keep me away from being a person of interest to the police. The question of the Alcohol is a debate for another thread. If it makes any difference I want to give every junkie on the street a kick, you had so much in life to choose from and you chose this?

Your question about problems with alcohol is something I recognise but I am not getting into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

Like alcohol then.
    No one can dispute the damage alcohol has caused and the overt inconsistencies in allowing prescribed pharmaceuticals and alcohol, despite the known damages these cause physically and socially but minimising the dangers or indeed ignoring them is naive. Yes, it should be properly regulated. But the harm it can cause, particularly on the developing teenage brain in terms of neural functioning and long term structural damage is well documented.
    I see alot of people advocating cannabis oil for example in the treatment of cancer, with little knowledge that taking certain strains, especially with a hormonally driven cancer ( e.g. breast canncers/ovarian cancers) can be like pouring petrol on a raging fire. There is a reason why universities have established degrees to study it's complexities. One size does not fit all, unless you grow it yourself you never know what you are getting.
    This teenager who has had every apparent privilege given to him is a case in point. Would he have started dealing if he didn't initially start consuming cannabis? It's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

Poor little rich kid gets out of jail

Y'see I am not a lawyer

Truest thing you said all day.

The question of the Alcohol is a debate for another thread.

You mean, you know I am right, but you refuse to acknowledge it?
    If it makes any difference I want to give every junkie on the street a kick, you had so much in life to choose from and you chose this?

This tells us all what we need to know about you.

Truest thing you said all day.

You mean, you know I am right, but you refuse to acknowledge it?

Yeah but I am not the one with a criminal record, that dopey young fella with more Euros than IQ is.
    No, it means if you want to start a thread about the evils of Alcohol go ahead.
    I live in a different world to you and I cant save everyone. I can only do my best for me. This dope was too molly coddled and got everything and he has blown his whole future and looks like the future Ballymaloe wont see a 5th generation. I went to Ballymaloe for my sisters wedding and would have loved to have gone there for my own because it appeared wholesome and authentic, now I just see a house of hypocrisy. The brand and what it stands for is now ruined because of poor leadership and indulgent parenting.

Actually you know nothing about me. I have spent 6 months working with the homeless when the homeless problem was in its infancy. I came in every Sunday morning and cooked breakfast and lunch.

You dont know my background, although you think you do. When I went to college I had healthy choices for my hobbies, I saw guys far smarted than me piss away their education and smoked their way into failed exams and drop outs. I am far from a wealthy background.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Actually you know nothing about me. I have spent 6 months working with the homeless when the homeless problem was in its infancy. I came in every Sunday morning and cooked breakfast and lunch.

You dont know my background, although you think you do. When I went to college I had healthy choices for my hobbies, I saw guys far smarted than me piss away their education and smoked their way into failed exams and drop outs. I am far from a wealthy background.

What I know about you is that you posted that a drug was "illegal because it is addictive" but refused to comment on the lack of consistency between other drugs which are addictive but NOT illegal.

There is NO Connection between the addictiveness and legality of ingested substances.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

What I know about you is that you posted that a drug was "illegal because it is addictive" but refused to comment on the lack of consistency between other drugs which are addictive but NOT illegal.

There is NO Connection between the addictiveness and legality of ingested substances.

Ok but that still wont change young Joshuas record. The fact is that he knew what he was doing was illegal and that the Allens are using the law and media "morally absolve themselves again". Isnt that the real issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

The Beatles and Rolling Stones took cannabis and they did ok. Canada legalized it in 2018, has law and order broke down there. I don't know this guy or his family but I do have sympathy for him.

• Advertisement

Tomaldo wrote: »
    Canada legalized it in 2018, has law and order broke down there. I don't know this guy or his family but I do have sympathy for him.

Cannabis is a gateway drug and people go soft in the head over time, so effects are not immediately seen.

You should really spend more time into looking what fantastic cottage industry that was started by Myrtle Allen and Darina really made it flourish and now how the brand has been run into the ground with controversy.

The "I was young and impressionable and lead by the big boys" story is running with anyone, least of all the Judge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement