Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

I don't believe you. I've read enough of your posts to know that everything you post is scarily detached from reality.

Prove it.

Dr John Walker Smith carried out the tests and was cleared of any wrong doing. I keep having to repeat my self.

If want to accuse anyone of "abuse" then it would be Dr John Walker Smith.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/mmr-doctor-john-walker-smith-wins-high-court-appeal-7543114.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Dr John Walker Smith carried out the tests and was cleared of any wrong doing. I keep having to repeat my self.

If want to accuse anyone of "abuse" then it would be Dr John Walker Smith.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/mmr-doctor-john-walker-smith-wins-high-court-appeal-7543114.html

You're moving the goalposts again. Prove Wakefield didn't do the tests please.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

He proves hes liar beyond any doubt.

So you have to question everything else he says.

Also what gives him the right to "diagnose" a child's bowel condition when hes not Doctor ?
    reposting 10 year old opinion pieces is not proof of anything other than at one stage someone had an opinion.

And science and medicine evolves because hard evidence trumps opinion every time.

reposting 10 year old opinion pieces that end up saying there will be an answer soon, but failing to follow up on that, is IMHO most definitely not proof of anything other than timewasting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Did you even watch the video ? Now your making a fool of you self.

At 10:50 Deer "says that is not bowel disease its... diarrhea".

Dear is not qualified to say what condition the child has by looking at an xray.

Anyone could watch the video and see that Deer is lying.

P1: This is bowel disease
    Deer: No its not, thats an Xray
    P1: That is an impacted bowel
    Deer: Oh, an impacted bowel, so thats not bowel disease, its constipation
    P2: Thats what they want you to think
    P1: Thats the diagnosis, bowel disease
    Deer: Whose Diagnosis
    P1: Inaudible
    Deer: That is not bowel disease, its diarrhea

No one could diagnose from an xray, you can use it as indicative with a range of other tests and symptoms from the presenting patient. What you see here is someone asked for an opinion, which he shouldn't have given, on the side of the street.

Brian Deer is not a doctor or a consultant, he is a journalist, FFS, your making less and less sense by the minute

He doesn't diagnose anything, he clearly states its an x ray, then acknowledges its an impacted bowel when told so, then asks for who gave the diagnosis when the person contradicts themselves, then gets fed up and calls it diarrhea and walks off.

You really are grasping at straws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

He proves hes liar beyond any doubt.

So you have to question everything else he says.

Also what gives him the right to "diagnose" a child's bowel condition when hes not Doctor ?

The same way you won't provide any proof of your nonsense claims the woman he's speaking won't answer him whatsoever. She first says it's an impacted bowel then insists it's bowel disease. Then multiple times refuses to say who diagnosed it as bowel disease. Deer laughs at her - in a similar manner to the way I laugh at you.

• Advertisement

You're moving the goalposts again. Prove Wakefield didn't do the tests please.

Wakefield was never accused of carrying out those tests.

But maybe you can prove he carried out the tests ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Wakefield was never accused of carrying out those tests.

But maybe you can prove he carried out the tests ?

Why should I research your argument for you?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Why should I research your argument for you?

Because your making a claim you cant back up.

Orion wrote: »
    Not just the majority of people. All scientific evidence says they save lives and are safe.

Just like the swine flu vaccine was "safe".

Saying that all Vaccines are "safe" is like saying that all pharmaceutical drugs are safe once they licensed.

Because your making a claim you cant back up.

You said Wakefield didn't do the tests. I'm just waiting for some proof of that.

To be honest, even if he didn't it makes no difference. An honest doctor would have spotted such glaring flaws in the experiment's design and wouldn't have subjected those poor children to such horrific abuse.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

You said Wakefield didn't do the tests. I'm just waiting for some proof of that.

To be honest, even if he didn't it makes no difference. An honest doctor would have spotted such glaring flaws in the experiment's design and wouldn't have subjected those poor children to such horrific abuse.

Dr John Walker Smith carried out the tests that is not even in dispute.

You seem to know very little about the case.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-17283751

Dr John Walker Smith carried out the tests that is not even in dispute.

You seem to know very little about the case.

The irony.

The link doesn't say Wakefield didn't do the tests. Did you even read it?

H. H. Asquith

The irony.

The link doesn't say Wakefield didn't do the tests. Did you even read it?

Nobody claimed Wakefield did the tests apart from you.

Here's a link to the original paper. The Lancet very scrupulously remind the reader repeatedly that it is retracted by printing the word "RETRACTED" on each page.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140673697110960/fulltext

Wakefield is first author. First authorship usually goes to whomever did the work or had the greatest input.

H. H. Asquith

Here's a link to the original paper. The Lancet very scrupulously remind the reader repeatedly that it is retracted by printing the word "RETRACTED" on each page.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140673697110960/fulltext

Wakefield is first author. First authorship usually goes to whomever did the work or had the greatest input.

That does not prove Wakefield carried the tests like you are claiming.

That does not prove Wakefield carried the tests like you are claiming.

Read the post again.

H. H. Asquith

Read the post again.

Where does it say Wakefield carried out the tests ?

Where does it say Wakefield carried out the tests ?

I never said Wakefield carried out the tests. I asked you to prove that he didn't.

In any case, it's quite clear that the study was his brainchild so whether he did the physical work is irrelevant. He designed the study.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

This is farcical at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

That's the point. Dragging the debate into farcical and obtuse technicalities is the hallmark of those who don't have any reasonable arguments left

• Advertisement

I don't think it is. I think it's an attempt at spreading disinformation. People asking for sources aren't going to change their minds based on conspiracy videos but anyone else might and those are the people being targeted by this sort of thing.

H. H. Asquith

I never said Wakefield carried out the tests. I asked you to prove that he didn't.

In any case, it's quite clear that the study was his brainchild so whether he did the physical work is irrelevant. He designed the study.

So now you have moved the goalposts and admitted Wakefield didn't carry out the tests.

So now you have moved the goalposts and admitted Wakefield didn't carry out the tests.

I clearly admitted my mistake. That's not moving the goalposts. That's how evidence is supposed to work and my point still holds. Wakefield made sure that those kids would suffer for his own bottom line.

H. H. Asquith

I clearly admitted my mistake. That's not moving the goalposts.

Now, kindly provide a source for any of your claims please.

Yet you accuse me of spreading false information.

Will you now admit Wakefield did not carry out "child abuse" ?

You have. I made a mistake. I genuinely thought Wakefield personally did the work. Being first author usually indicates that. I've written a few papers myself and this is convention.

You, on the other hand have persisted in dumping conspiracy videos and links to crank blogs. You can't even be bothered to create original arguments in favor of this perverse ideology you insist on trying to propagate.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Will you now admit Wakefield did not carry out "child abuse" ?

Who commissioned the tests?

That person is responsible for them, too. More so than the people in a lab conducting the tests.

You have. I made a mistake. I genuinely thought Wakefield personally did the work. Being first author usually indicates that. I've written a few papers myself and this is convention.

You, on the other hand have persisted in dumping conspiracy videos and links to crank blogs. You can't even be bothered to create original arguments in favor of this perverse ideology you insist on trying to propagate.

Accusing somebody of carrying out "child abuse" with no evidence is some mistake.

You need to stop believing what you read in the fake media.

Haaaa

Accusing somebody of carrying out "child abuse" with no evidence is some mistake.

I stand by that. Wakefield withheld his patent while applying for ethical approval and funding. He abused those kids for profit.

I don't think you even read the fake media you regularly promote to be honest.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

I stand by that. Wakefield withheld his patent while applying for ethical approval and funding. He abused those kids for profit.

I don't think you even read the fake media you regularly promote to be honest.

Yet the person who carried out the "abuse" was completely cleared of any wrong doing.

How do you explain that ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement