Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Dublin Coach Experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Used the 726 Newbridge to Naas this morning. No lights upstairs - I couldn't see a thing. And no air conditioning - a serious issue since Covid. Overall a complete lack of professionalism from Dublin Coach. It's a shame the National Transport Authority staff never leave their desks to experience FIRST HAND what the public transport experience is really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Jameslee23

January 25 cause they won’t put double-deckers on their route. If they’re younger than seven years old and also bus Erieann, no longer operates in PortLaois. It’s run by go ahead

If they done that, most of their buses will be taken out of service

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭soundman45

Go ahead don't operate any services to Portlaoise and to be honest most of your posts here are complete drivel.

Post edited by soundman45 on

Is there any update Regards the court case with the rental company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 AX612

726 being the 726 again tonight. 10:30pm and 11:30pm a no show with the 12:30am service running (from Portlaoise). The really loud Vanhool that sounds like a V8 showed up but all was grand from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Am I right in saying that the N7 service must have serious staffing issues ?

I mean I'd say most of their good drivers are now elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭patrickc

I see a video on X of a driver with passengers on board using a phone.

That's on their FB under a post now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Spotted their black sprinter van on the m50 heading towards Dundrum this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭757TFFIU

I took a 750 from Red Cow to the airport on Wednesday afternoon. It was a yellow Mercedes bus with a glass roof (roughly 12-15 seats). It spent 10 minutes at Red Cow while the driver and another person who had got out of a car in the car park opened up the bonnet and poured a pink liquid (presumably coolant solution) into the engine. It took several attempts at restarting the engine before the bus got going again.

To get the door open at both Red Cow and the airport, the driver had to use the emergency open handle next to the door and then shove it open.

One of the seats was also missing a seat belt.

The door on that bus has been like that since last year during the week, when I was on the 726, they were used a blue coach they must’ve been short of buses

Dublin Coach don't have a blue coach?...

Everything is all over the place they are badly short of buses, they're meant to have 7 buses on Portlaoise but they only have 3 or 4 on atm..

I went through Portlaoise yesterday evening, there was a big white bus didn't catch the make where Dublin Coach always park, it had a mechanic behind and fluids were pissing from it.

Was it one of theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭soundman45

Yes that's their 141 King Long, rarely used but it's been on the 726 lately

I got that King Long on the 750 Dundrum route a few months ago. Driver had to keep turning it off and on again while reving it to try get it into gear. It's also very slow.. basically, one big heap of sh*t

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

They did have one ex Aircoach Setra that was never repainted that used to be seen occasionally but was in poor state. If they are short would explain why that and the King Long that's almost never seen these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

• Advertisement

I think we’re gonna know this year, with that court case if the green bus has to hand back the Mercedes buses to the rental company

I don't think the rental company will want them yokes back.. they're beyond wrecked..

Something needs to happen to the company because cause they borrowing buses as well there was a white coach that passed me on Wednesday, and it was a 201 and just had their sign in the window, and it said Dublin airport on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

At least it's more than likely in better nick than their actual fleet

Some photos have emergered on Facebook today of the depot. There's seems to be the usual stuff but there's also an 08 reg Setra in some kind of a grey livery, and one of the Vanhools looks to be broken up too. The only Vanhools I've seen on Portlaoise recently are the 12 reg ones, the 09 ones seem to have disappeared at least for the moment

I was wondering the same thing maybe they’re taking them out of service because one of the driver said me yesterday there was only two double-deckers left

With that said I wonder if it just the two 12 reg Vanhools left. 726 getting alot of single deckers lately with the King Long getting some use for a change even during the early hours of the morning!

The grey Setra is supposedly the gold one that was sat outside the depot for ages. Why didn't they paint it green is a good question!

No idea, maybe they’ll take the 141 double-decker of the other routes and put it on the 726 and then that will make them having three double-deckers until they get more I say the 09/08 coach and 07,/09Mercedes will probably be scrapped as well

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Does Dublin Coach come under the remit of the National Transport Authority? Does this remit apply to certain services only?

I ask because the "quality" of Dublin Coach services leaves a lot to be desired. I believe the Dublin Coach brand has now deservedly acquired a very poor reputation.

• Advertisement

I’m not 100% sure, but I know the 07 small bus has a TFI sticker on the back of it, but I’ve never seen one on any of their other buses

Advertisement