Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The try harder if ye want to keep a second joke thread thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Helium addiction is horrible because no one takes your cries for help seriously.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's been a bit of a strange morning for me, first I found a hat full of money and then I got chased by an angry guy with a guitar.

I used to work in a Cat Shop. I had to pack it in, they cut all meowers..

Most people think genetic engineering is a relatively new innovation, but it's actually been around since the days of our four fathers.

Turn a regular sofa into a sofa bed by simply forgetting your wife’s birthday

• Advertisement

If you're here for the yodelling lesson, please form an orderly orderly orderly orderly queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The family dog has been very aggressive lately.

My son suggested getting his balls chopped off..

I don't know what good that has done. Now I have an aggressive dog and a son with no bollocks!!

When transporting a live animal it’s important that you leave air holes in the container.

Equally important as I learned recently - remove the animal before drilling the holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

An Englishman, Scotsman, and Irishman wanted to see the Olympics, but they didn't have tickets. They went round back to see if they could sneak in, but there was a guard at the rear entrance which is also where the competing athletes entered. The Englishman looks around and sees a long pole on the ground and gets an idea. He grabs the pole and walks up to the guard and says "Bentley. England Pole Vaulting." The guard thinks he's an athlete and let's him in. The Scotsman sees this and thinks he could try too. He grabbed a manhole cover and walked up to the guard. "MacGregor. Scotland Discus." and the guard let him in. The Irishman is looking all over for something to help get him in and sees a bale of barbed wire. He grabs the bale and proudly exclaims to the guard...'Murphy Ireland Fencing'😋

Mary says to Paddy "if you were stranded on a desert island who would you like most to be with you?”

“My uncle Mick” replies Paddy.

“What’s so special about him?” asks a disappointed Mary.

“He’s got a boat,” says Paddy😋

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

For years I suffered from Frachtiphobia but I have finally managed to get over it.

Post edited by Heighway61 on

we decided to hire a house cleaner from Eastern Europe, took her 3 days to hoover the carpet, turned out she was a Slovak

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I made a support for my hernia out of Kleenex but I'm not so sure that it'll help, because I've got truss tissues.

Do you remember when air was free at the petrol station, and now it costs €1-2? That's inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

I went to the zoo and saw a piece of toast in a cage.

The sign said it was bread in captivity 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

When the doctor was checking my prostate, he told me it was normal to get an erection. I said "I don't have an erection", he said "Not you, me". 😯

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

The wife and I took up woodworking.

A friend said he didn't know we were carpenters..

I told him,"we've only just begun".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

What car does a Jedi drive?

A ToYoda..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I saw a man going to great efforts to feed a baby dolphin.

I asked him what he was doing.

He said "I'm trying to serve a porpoise!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A woman walks into a bar and shouts “ I need a man with a 10 inch dick “.

Paddy says “ I’m not cutting 3 inches off mine for anybody “.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

I asked the receptionist at my hotel if I could get a wake-up call.

They said "Your best years are slipping away from you. You drink too much. What are you doing with your life?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Me: Doctor, when is this bloody Coronavirus thing going to be finished?

Doctor: Don’t ask me, I’m not a politician!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Archeron

A skeleton walks into a bar. Barman looks at him and says "what can I get you"

Skeleton says, "Can I have a pint of Carlsberg and a mop"

I couldn't undo the buttons on my jumper, I tried pulling it over my head but got it stuck. Now I'm in A&E waiting to see a cardyologist.

A mechanic dies on his fiftieth birthday, and is met at the pearly gates by Saint Peter who say "Congratulations"

"Congratulations for what?" Says the mechanic,

totally amazed at the man's modesty saint Peter replies...

I'll have you know that we're celebrating the fact that you lived to be 160 years old, God himself wants to see you!"

The mechanic is awestruck and can only look at Saint Peter with his mouth wide open.

When he regains his power of speech, he looks up at Saint Peter and says.

"Saint Peter, I lived my life in the eternal hope that when I died I would be judged by God and be found to be worthy, but I only lived to be fifty."

"But that's simply not possible." Says Saint Peter.

"We've added up all your time sheets!" 😋

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

It's my wife's birthday next week. She has been leaving jewelry catalogs all over the house, so I bought her a magazine rack.

My car broke down this morning, so I looked under the bonnet and saw a bat sitting on the engine. Amazingly he said, “Hello, sir. You are a handsome fellow and very nicely dressed, too."

I realised the problem straight away. Bat flattery!

• Advertisement

My wife's the kind of person that couldn't hurt a fly. I've never seen anyone consistently flail and miss so badly with a flyswatter.

Advertisement