Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts on Ryanair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭scheister

i got into ryanair just before Christmas at 15.16 a share. Will be interesting to see where it goes but i'm happy looking longer term so imagine i will buy in more but where is a my max price in the S/T is an interesting concept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭scheister

few rough days for Ryanair down to 15.62 over 3% drop in price this morning. They where 16.74 two weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭cute geoge

scheister wrote: »
    few rough days for Ryanair down to 15.62 over 3% drop in price this morning. They where 16.74 two weeks ago

Was there a div. paid since as it is down to €13 and the outlook is not too hectic looking at moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

The flight to Croatia would bother me. Are the staff so disgruntled that they are not servicing the planes properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Waltan

The recent price drop is due partly to the reduced profit but mainly the strikes taking place by pilots and cabin crew. It looks like the pilots in different countries are starting to coordinate their dates for greater impact. Expect a lot of price volatility until it’s resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

Topped up at €13 today. And I'll top up more if they go below that over the coming days/months

Bought a lash of these today. I reckon I'll make 10% well before year end.

I reckon we'll see €16/share before Christmas :)
    The strikes cost Ryanair little and the resolution doesn't seem to be cost heavy either, the dip to €13 ish on the back of the strike action was a market over reaction IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

Jumped up a good bit today on announcement of reaching an agreement.

Missed out on the low. Was planning on buying another €1k worth but Degiro have changed their bank details and I had to fish out my banks digipass.

Might still get on it if I can get it for around €14.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Wheety wrote: »
    Jumped up a good bit today on announcement of reaching an agreement.

Missed out on the low. Was planning on buying another €1k worth but Degiro have changed their bank details and I had to fish out my banks digipass.

Might still get on it if I can get it for around €14.

I think there's enough volatility to sit tight and hold out for the 13 mark or slightly below. Agreement only reached in Ireland, late bookings are taking a hammering Europe wide, reputational damage and compensation bill is ongoing and many markets yet to be resolved. H2 is going to be a train wreck , with these minor wins being just that ,and I am not overstating that in my opinion.

• Advertisement

I think there's enough volatility to sit tight and hold out for the 13 mark or slightly below. Agreement only reached in Ireland, late bookings are taking a hammering Europe wide, reputational damage and compensation bill is ongoing and many markets yet to be resolved. H2 is going to be a train wreck , with these minor wins being just that ,and I am not overstating that in my opinion.

It's flying up at the moment :eek:

Over €14 now. Wanted in again at €13 but I was too slow.

Wheety wrote: »
    It's flying up at the moment :eek:

Over €14 now. Wanted in again at €13 but I was too slow.

It will temporarily , Ryanair have demonstrated they can successfully negotiate with unions which is a huge confidence boost to the market.

The reality , again only my industry rather than market experience, in the context of the state of the business at the moment this is the equivalent of announcing they have agreed a contract with a new producer of sick bags.

I firmly believe the stock market is irrational. Ryanair were in the media lots recently over the strikes etc. Folk were slow to book flights with them in many cases.

There's no such thing as bad publicity however, they'll likely have a seat sale if they need to fill planes. Folk love travelling and travelling cheaply is a bonus.

We might well see €13/share again but I've little doubt we'll see €16 by Christmas.......... it was at that little over a month ago.

Augeo wrote: »
    I firmly believe the stock market is irrational. Ryanair were in the media lots recently over the strikes etc. Folk were slow to book flights with them in many cases.

There's no such thing as bad publicity however, they'll likely have a seat sale if they need to fill planes. Folk love travelling and travelling cheaply is a bonus.

We might well see €13/share again but I've little doubt we'll see €16 by Christmas.......... it was at that little over a month ago.

I think you are right on the down then up / stabilise but I think it will be late into H1 before we have a chance to see close to €16.

Like you say completely irrational so anything could happen therein lies the fun.

Whatever about shareholders, passengers are going to be big winners with the fare levels I reckon we will see this winter. I'll be one of those ready to take advantage, despite being recently impacted and therein we see the resilience and little bit of untouchability about the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

which is the best stock exchange to buy ryanair for irish investor in /
    Ireland 1% stamp lse 0.5% stamp Germany 5 or 6 options on degiro ?

Bought another few at €14 yesterday. Up around 2% already.

Not share price related but I had a look at their latest seat sale.......... the prices are horrendously high even after the reductions are applied.
    I fly Dublin to Munich quite regularly, €70 to €130 with either AL or Ryanair would be the normal range......double that now with Ryanair.

A tiny sample size of course but what I'm taking away from it is that they don't have huge amounts of empty seat to flog so as a "shareholder" ( :) ) that pleases me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Augeo wrote: »
    Not share price related but I had a look at their latest seat sale.......... the prices are horrendously high even after the reductions are applied.
    I fly Dublin to Munich quite regularly, €70 to €130 with either AL or Ryanair would be the normal range......double that now with Ryanair.

A tiny sample size of course but what I'm taking away from it is that they don't have huge amounts of empty seat to flog so as a "shareholder" ( :) ) that pleases me :pac:

During Oktoberfest by any chance?

During Oktoberfest by any chance?

Nope........ it was November.
    although I booked a January set of flights for just under €70 this morning :pac:

This is my thinly veiled correct prediction post.

We've had low 13's this week , for those looking to get in I wouldn't be surprised to see a figure beginning with 12 in the week ahead given latest events - will be jumping in if it happens

• Advertisement

Nice dip today for those wanting to get in - hanging around the €12.90 mark, could drop a fraction more with this week's events but I think there is going to be some positive announcements in the coming weeks that will get that back up to where it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Nice dip today for those wanting to get in - hanging around the €12.90 mark, could drop a fraction more with this week's events but I think there is going to be some positive announcements in the coming weeks that will get that back up to where it should be.

Might be some positives but these Unions want better pay terms which is going to hit the bottom line along with rising oil prices I think it probably won't recover too much in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭valoren

Per PEG ratio Ryanair is trading at below fair value on Nasdaq.
    PEG is 0.60.
    Beta is low at 0.49

Price $96.88
    EPS 6.70
    5 year expected earnings growth rate is 24.2%

It's a solid contrarian pick at that price. Fair value is circa $130.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

If you look at the share price just before these strikes started, which you could argue was December 2017, it was at €17.

Other than these strikes, there hasn't been any major news that would result in a company losing 25% of its value.

It's not a question of "IF" they will go back up to €17 but rather "WHEN", and it could take some time until these strikes are sorted out

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BarraG

I almost doubled my investment with Ryanair after just a few years. Bought shares after a really hot summer and the resulting poor quarterly performance. Of course people stay at home when there is a warm summer but that doesn't stop them flying later. So when the shares dropped, I bought. Sold the shares before the strike craic started...

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

If you look at the share price just before these strikes started, which you could argue was December 2017, it was at €17.

Other than these strikes, there hasn't been any major news that would result in a company losing 25% of its value.

It's not a question of "IF" they will go back up to €17 but rather "WHEN", and it could take some time until these strikes are sorted out

Surely the increase in Oil prices will have a big impact on airlines results over the coming years. Hedged at the moment but will hit them when hedges run out.

Brilliant value to be had today , looks like we may see a figure starting with an €11 throughout the day.

Yes the forecasts are bad news but this is incredible value imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

looks like we may see a figure starting with an €11 throughout the day.

There now! Oversold?

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    There now! Oversold?

Shaved 12% of their guidance and a few other negative statements. Still think it's a steal and will be a very short term drop to this level

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Olivia CoolS Femur

Picked up a few this morning. Will pick up a few more if it heads towards 11.

Advertisement