Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Hi guys,

Roughly how long did you have to wait for BCAR to be registered with our local council? It says up to 21 business days but have heard some local councils are faster than others.

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

hello, just wondering if there is anybody out there who got a 5'x8' or 6'x8' shed, if they could PM me with the cost and timber spec's. Also the supplier contact details please. Was it ok getting the materials through the house? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

dovetail wrote: »
    hello, just wondering if there is anybody out there who got a 5'x8' or 6'x8' shed, if they could PM me with the cost and timber spec's. Also the supplier contact details please. Was it ok getting the materials through the house? :)

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Keithchap wrote: »
    pm sent

Would you mind forwarding to me too?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NC99

pm sent

Would you kindly send me the details too?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Hi would you pm me also. Thanks

Hi folks

So I'm guessing I need to contact the management company to get our bin/bins? I presume they won't deliver them? How many is there? I just want to be prepared so I don't need to drag 3 bins down the road on my own!

Also what days do they come and how often? Have to say I'm looking forward to having a bin just outside the door rather than having to trek down to the basement carpark

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Forumsie wrote: »
    Hi folks

So I'm guessing I need to contact the management company to get our bin/bins? I presume they won't deliver them? How many is there? I just want to be prepared so I don't need to drag 3 bins down the road on my own!

Also what days do they come and how often? Have to say I'm looking forward to having a bin just outside the door rather than having to trek down to the basement carpark

Thanks!

You just have to stop by and tell them. Theyll drop themup to you.
    Its three bins.

Grey is monday, green is wednesday and broen is every second wednesday. Might be different days in other parts of the estate though?

Thanks Phoenixparker, I'm definitely going to forgot the days and the colours!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lmh

pm sent
    Could I have the shed info too, thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has installed wood/mdf radiator covers? We're planning on mounting our tv on the wall in the sitting room over the radiator. I think radiator covers can finish a room nicely and we could potentially put our sky box on it with the top acting like shelf.

I've never had any radiator covers but I've heard they can block heat. However I thought it might be better with our air to water system as the heating will be essentially always on so it might not be an issue.

Any views/opinions or design ideas welcome!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Hi,
    You may be aware that the NTA are attempting to give the Dublin Bus Network a very much needed redesign.
    Part of the problem is that if you want to get A-B in Dublin, you almost certainly need to pass through the City Center, you and practically everyone else!

The closing date for submissions for this consultation is this Friday.
    In my opinion, the mildly revised new route (36) which will replace the 120 takes a much more direct route through Cabra, avoids some morning traffic congestion, connects with the Luas at Broombridge, and also with other Bus routes such as the N2 which is a type of Orbital Route.

Obviously I think it would be a great improvement, but there are very loud voices who are don't want any changes and the NBRU have lead this charge. (Bus Drivers Union)

If you haven't done so already, you really should log onto BusConnects.ie and provide feedback on the local route changes.

Thread on it here,
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057746877&page=262

Summary of the obstacles faced by the consultation,
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/busconnects-designer-behind-popular-route-15185980

For those interested in details:

The plan is for the 120 to go through Ashtown as normal then when it leaves RCP to go straight down the Ballyboggan road, turn right to cross the bridge at Broombridge, then take a fairly direct route tgrough Cabra (down Faussagh road) then into town ending at Middle Abbey Street. Basically it cuts out the tour of Cabra and I'd guess at least 10 mins.

The N2 is a route that goes from Clontarf Dart Station, comes across the North side, serves Broombridge and finishes at Heuston. It'll connect to all the North spines without going near the city and it'll be handy for Heuston

Another new route will serve Ashington & Broombridge then make a stop at the entrance to RCP before going out the Ratoath road to seeve Ballycoolin, tyrellstown and finishes at Blanch. Handy if you work in Ballycoolin.

The Navan road will also be a spine route with a huge frequency of buses. It'll be more accessible once the new train station & bridge goes in. Roughly 15 mins walk.

Survey is here:

https://www.research.net/r/BusConnects

@PhoenixParker, that's a great summary.

It's likely that without more support via the survey they will be forced to put the changes on ice. We might not get another chance to redesign the network for a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

How are people filling out the survey to emphasise that we like the direct route?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

More details on the Aldi: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/new-building-for-aldi-in-d15-to-market-at-6-3m-1.3639772?mode=amp
    I didn't expected to be tall as the buildings but I guess it makes sense.

andreionut wrote: »
    More details on the Aldi: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/new-building-for-aldi-in-d15-to-market-at-6-3m-1.3639772?mode=amp
    I didn't expected to be tall as the buildings but I guess it makes sense.

The parking is on the ground floor a bit like Lidl Cabra, the top floor seems to be management offices, it's only the front part I think rather than the entire top floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

Just wondering if anybody has re-varnished the doors of their bin store? if so could they recommend the type of varnish they used? guessing a clear outdoor / yacht varnish with a matt or satin finish could work?

dovetail wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody has re-varnished the doors of their bin store? if so could they recommend the type of varnish they used? guessing a clear outdoor / yacht varnish with a matt or satin finish could work?

I need this info also. So interested to hear other experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jetbluue

hi all
    im in the process of snagging in royal canal park. the kitchen splashback is a different colour to that in the showhouse. did anyone else have this issue and were you able to get it resolved?
    thanks

• Advertisement

jetbluue wrote: »
    hi all
    im in the process of snagging in royal canal park. the kitchen splashback is a different colour to that in the showhouse. did anyone else have this issue and were you able to get it resolved?
    thanks

How different is the colour?

The kitchen company actually have to come and replace my kitchen backsplash about a year after I moved in. Due to Quality reasons. This may be why yours is a different colour, the one they replaced mine with was a very similar colour though. Not exactly the same, but I'd rather have the higher quality version.

hi cronos
    the showhouse has dark grey and is made of perspex(plastic) which is why they had to be replaced in earlier phases.
    in mine the splashback is a lime green colour and made of glass. combined with the lime green cabinets the kitchen looks very different

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jasonelse

Hello guys, I was able to book one of the houses in the final release. Now I'm at the stage to sign the contract.
    I have a question about the map which provided by the builder. So in the sitemap they didn't mark the parking space in red, which only the house and backyard be marked. Is the same applies to your guys? Should we worry about it? Just wondering why they didn't mark the parking spot which in front of the door. It should be private parking, not the public right?
    I have passed the query to my solicitor, If anyone has the information about it from the builder, Much appreciate if you can share it. Thanks in advance!

hi cronos
    the showhouse has dark grey and is made of perspex(plastic) which is why they had to be replaced in earlier phases.
    in mine the splashback is a lime green colour and made of glass. combined with the lime green cabinets the kitchen looks very different

I'd sware the one they replaced mine with is a kind of lime green. If you want to post a picture I can confirm it for you when I get home.

cronos wrote: »
    I'd sware the one they replaced mine with is a kind of lime green. If you want to post a picture I can confirm it for you when I get home.

yeh it sounds like your replacement is whats fitted in latest releases. did they ask you beforehand if ya wanted a particular colour or anything?

yeh it sounds like your replacement is whats fitted in latest releases. did they ask you beforehand if ya wanted a particular colour or anything?

No. Just came and did it. Personally, I didn't find it too different, to be honest. But that's obviously subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

hi all
    thanks

Lots of things have changed across phases and even across houses in the same phase.
    One of the downsides of buying off plans and signing a contract where every little detail is not confirmed.

If i recall the contract even specifies that details can change.

The show house is just an example that is broadly similar in layout and finish but details can and do vary.
    Kitchens in particular have varied a lot.
    If there is nothing technically wrong with the splashback and it doesnt look out of place, id accept it and move on. the hassle to get it change is simply not worth it.

Has anyone gone about replacing the shower heads with the normal ones that you can hold in your hand or clip onto a bar?

Would love to switch out one but not sure where to start.

Also adding a shower head to the bath. Even a rubber one that fits over the rectanglar tap, but long term a proper permanent one.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Lots of things have changed across phases and even across houses in the same phase.
    One of the downsides of buying off plans and signing a contract where every little detail is not confirmed.

If i recall the contract even specifies that details can change.

The show house is just an example that is broadly similar in layout and finish but details can and do vary.
    Kitchens in particular have varied a lot.
    If there is nothing technically wrong with the splashback and it doesnt look out of place, id accept it and move on. the hassle to get it change is simply not worth it.

thats a fair point and i know some finishes cant be exactly as per showhouse. the kitchen is a main feature and they could easily have replaced a grey plastic splashback with a grey glass splashback. maybe

• Advertisement

Has anyone gone about replacing the shower heads with the normal ones that you can hold in your hand or clip onto a bar?

Would love to switch out one but not sure where to start.

Also adding a shower head to the bath. Even a rubber one that fits over the rectanglar tap, but long term a proper permanent one.

Hi,

We got the on site plumbers to do this when we were at snagging stage a few weeks ago. I wanted hand showers in all bathrooms and the bath for cleaning purposes. However I adjusted my expectations when I saw the price!!! We got new fittings in the 2 en suites that didnt require drilling through tiles. They cost 340 euro each plus 80 euro each for putting them in. Nothing they could do on the bath tap apparently without drilling through the wall from the shower. Now Im not sure I believe that but I didnt pursue it as I had spent enough on the other too. I was planning on buying one of those rubber hoses for bath taps on Amazon but it looks a bit tricky given the square shape of the tap. If you have any luck let me know!

Advertisement