Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TD claims gardaí involved in drugs trade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

buck65 wrote: »
    Does the average Garda on the street give a damn?

I'd say they care more about keeping their jobs than what their superiors get up to..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

GerB40 wrote: »
    I'd say they care more about keeping their jobs than what their superiors get up to..

From what I've seen in the media recently if you break the status quo in the garda your career is done, snitches get stitches and all that....or fired, or bullied till they quit.

Viper_JB wrote: »
    From what I've seen in the media recently if you break the status quo in the garda your career is done, snitches get stitches and all that....or fired, or bullied till they quit.

The cops want us to come forward with reports of crime yet they treat people (whistle blowers) that badly. Why would I trust them to protect me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Viper_JB wrote: »

How many have been fired?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Valetta wrote: »
    How many have been fired?

I honestly have no idea probably quiet hard to be fired from the public sector/garda, was John Wilson just bullied till he quiet or was he let go?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

Look, I'm not the biggest fan of the gardaí

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Don Kedick wrote: »
    Look, I'm not the biggest fan of the gardaí

Post of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

When he has all the millions he owes the taxpayer who bailed him and the other developers out maybe he might be worth listening to.

Until then he can sit in his little corner of the Dail in his pink t shirt and talk to himself or his number 1 fan Clare Daly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Wallace sounds like a man with paranoid delusions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

This coming from the politician who blew off two million in tax evasion as if it was nothing? He should examine his own behaviour first before he starts making accusations about other people.

Cool so the garda can go on dealing until Mick Wallace sorts out his tax.

Everyones a winner.

No.. wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Wallace sounds like a man with paranoid delusions.

And you sound like a plonker who's in no position to make such a diagnosis.

Why do you think he sounds paranoid? For repeating claims made by Garda whistle-blower Nicky Keogh?

Wise up ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I think it's clear from recent revelations that AGS are at best a long way from where they should be and at worst a fcuking shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

More and more the Gardai are beginning to look like Punch cartoon characters come to life :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Um, surely it would be the guards in trouble?

It's Ireland.
    The whistleblowers are the bad guys.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

This post has been deleted.

The last lad that broke the code had rats nailed to his front door by his distinguished collegues in the Gardai, if I'm not mistaken

bjork wrote: »
    The last lad that broke the code had rats nailed to his front door by his distinguished collegues in the Gardai, if I'm not mistaken

AGS is rotten from the top down......

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.broadsheet.ie%2Ftag%2Fkieran-boylan%2F&ei=_OWJVI6gMIu67galhoHgBA&usg=AFQjCNFHuCatnGxvgbBnMUZ1MMY4etBpDg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

The evidence produced to back up these claims is shocking .... Oh wait.

The evidence produced to back up these claims is shocking .... Oh wait.

LOL, you lads don't like the cosy little corrupt club being exposed, do you?
    Whistleblowers must put the fear of God into you.

Have a read of the link in my previous post to see how squeaky clean your beloved AGS is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

LOL, you lads don't like the cosy little corrupt club being exposed, do you?
    Whistleblowers must put the fear of God into you.

Have a read of the link in my previous post to see how squeaky clean your beloved AGS is.

As I have posted before. There is a rot and it starts right at the feet of FF/FG/Lab. For us to make real change and move forward they need to go.

*Awaits Rabble Rabble Sinn Fein, Communists blah blah*

• Advertisement

You think? I'm pretty sure that with a short Google search I can find plenty of examples of Gardaí being prosecuted by their colleagues for a range of offences from minor traffic to drug dealing itself without any rodents involved.

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    “The DPP’s office is of the view that the evidence in the case is not sufficient to enable a reasonable jury to be satisfied to the criminal standard as to sustaining a conviction,” states the correspondence.

But here you go.

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/courts/ex-garda-jailed-for-string-of-offences-including-dealing-cocaine

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ex garda jailed for dealing cocaine, attempting to frame someone for car theft and insurance fraud

That headline isn't reflected in the article at all =/
    Cooper of The Green, Kingswood Heights, Tallaght pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice at the festival between September 5, 2009 and September 2, 2010 by knowingly allowing Luke Barnett to be wrongfully prosecuted on September 2, 2010.

Cooper was also charged with stealing a bag of cannabis herb worth €560 from Sundrive Garda Station on May 27, 2010 but this count was withdrawn by the prosecution.

Doesn't mention anywhere that he was jailed for fraud or dealing cocaine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

You think? I'm pretty sure that with a short Google search I can find plenty of examples of Gardaí being prosecuted by their colleagues for a range of offences from minor traffic to drug dealing itself without any rodents involved.

Yep and I can find examples of Gardai having their penalty points quashed

Reason given: They had no fixed abode

:pac:

Can you find one for an assistant Garda commissioner, who went on to be commissioner and best buddy of a FG MoJ, running a drug dealer and being prosecuted?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,040 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm actually surprised this surprises people.

Yep and I can find examples of Gardai having their penalty points quashed

Reason given: They had no fixed abode

:pac:

Go for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

The gardaí have been up to far worse than drug dealing over the years. They even were in bed with the British sure ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Don Kedick wrote: »
    They even were in bed with the British sure ffs.

Nothing wrong with a bit of riding.

Advertisement