Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Manual or auto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 fw

thanks bookerboy - will ring him monday

it's a manual but the rads are the same for both auto and man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Can somebody help me out here...

I'm looking for something cheap and reliable with NCT. I only need this car to get me through a year of college so if the NCT is until May/June next year that's grand.

I don't care too much what it looks like to be honest. Anything bar Cinquacento/Matiz considered.

My budget is 600/700 euro. Am I asking for too much?!

David

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

fw wrote: »
    thanks bookerboy - will ring him monday

it's a manual but the rads are the same for both auto and man.

I'll have a look- I had it in my head for some reason that the oil cooler in the XJS was different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

V480 wrote: »

I'm looking for something cheap and reliable with NCT. I only need this car to get me through a year of college so if the NCT is until May/June next year that's grand.

I don't care too much what it looks like to be honest. Anything bar Cinquacento/Matiz considered.

David

send me a pm david,have something that may be ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

V480 wrote: »

David
    ive a 95 silver starlet 3dr going for nct next monday if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

Anyone interested in a Mk2 Golf GTI?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

i know someone on the lookout at the moment dave..any pics..what you looking for it?

i know someone on the lookout at the moment dave..any pics..what you looking for it?

there should be pics on here somewhere... i'll have a look.
    not looking for huge money as it's LHD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

cool might be even slightly interested myself even if its a left hooker....

• Advertisement

Here's a few pics of the GTI... It's driving really well :-)

I'm just getting rid of a few things and i'm sticking to my Renaults for a little while.

So... For sale

'78 Citroën GS
    '89 VW Golf GTI LHD
    '77 Mercedes 280 SE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭les_steaks

Hi all - can anyone please suggest where I should start looking for secondhand parts - I need a rear flange, hub and bearing for a '84 Merc 500SEC (w126) - any help/ advise greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

Les

les_steaks wrote: »
    Hi all - can anyone please suggest where I should start looking for secondhand parts - I need a rear flange, hub and bearing for a '84 Merc 500SEC (w126) - any help/ advise greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

Les

Surpringly enough, partfinder.ie shows no 500 SECs scrapped in Ireland
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I'd be failry sure that part would be the same for a 420/500SE/SEL if you want to broaden your search !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

2cv wrote: »
    Here's a few pics of the GTI... It's driving really well :-)

I'm just getting rid of a few things and i'm sticking to my Renaults for a little while.

So... For sale

'78 Citroën GS
    '89 VW Golf GTI LHD
    '77 Mercedes 280 SE

How much are you looking for the Golf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JZR636

les_steaks wrote: »

Thanks,

Les
    norton motors in longford have few sec merc 4 breaking. 0876851825 his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

I picked up an early W126 at the weekend... actually got it for its wheels. The rest of the car may already be taken, but if you have no luck getting parts elsewhere give me a shout because I am not 100% sure what will be done with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

2 cv

I might be interested in the GTI, do you have a french tax book, a carte gris, they call it.
    regards, rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Have a 99 S320 Merc (W220), would be interested in a deal /swop for Merc 500 / 560 SL OR something smaller than the S with a V8 in it - reason, the S JUST fits in the garage but would prefer to have something in there I can walk around instead of moving it in and out everytime when i want to get something.

rugbyman wrote: »
    2 cv

I might be interested in the GTI, do you have a french tax book, a carte gris, they call it.
    regards, rugbyman

Yup,
    It's on a French reg and i have the tax book (carte grise) for it
    :D

for me details, pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭airnwater

NOW REDUCED TO ONLY 1350 euro

airnwater wrote: »
    Anyone ?

Reliant Scimitar GTE series 6a,1977 ,original FORD 3.0 L V6 (essex) ,rare manual gearbox with overdrive,stainless steel exhaust, Spax adjustable shocks ,Wolfrace alloy wheels ,goes well, 48 euro p/a tax,classic insurance,
    NCT exempt , 1595 euro

cameraaug12009scimitar001.jpg

cameraaug12009scimitar009.jpg

NOW ONLY 1350 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

That Reliant is tempting, really it is.
    Pity I just have too much in the yard at present and managed to pick up yet another car last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

looking to swop my 1976 volvo 66gl in reasonable condition,for a different classic,
    not too fussy just want something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

airnwater,

would you be interested in a swap or p/x for a motorbike?

M

airnwater,

would you be interested in a swap or p/x for a motorbike?

M

what sort of bike is it

just took some pics,as you can see the car is in reasonable condition, it drives well,i would prefer to swop for another classic,as in order to sell it i would need to put a price on it,that i feel would put it out of an enthusists reach.
    but if i don't get any serious offers,i will put it on ebay at the weekend.

mlp8nn.jpg

f0uv45.jpg

2yla51t.jpg

17bz91.jpg

2hoh92o.jpg

11humuw.jpg

The bikes a mint yahama virago 125. The girlfriend wants me to sell the bike but I need something to make me smile. That's why I'm considering a classic :)

The bikes a mint yahama virago 125. The girlfriend wants me to sell the bike but I need something to make me smile. That's why I'm considering a classic :)
    sorry too small.thanks for replying.

my offer was actually to airnwater mate :D

• Advertisement

my offer was actually to airnwater mate :D
    sorry bout that.

Advertisement