Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

sligojoek wrote: »
    What did she say?

All I seen (briefly before switching off) was some Bridget and Eamonn rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Nope, . Digging my heels in because you don't get it despite being told repeatedly. ...you are wrong again .
    What I pointed to was the blatant disregard for fifa safety regulation enforcement over a long period of time , due to fear laziness , ignorance , don't know . But the regulations are there and are clear for everyone else. Those caravans/ portacabins had no hope of not being engulfed because they were pushed together on an inadequate site. They should have been 6 metres at least apart. That is why they all went up. I am not excusing the cause of the fire, but how it spread.

"Thomas Connors had a blood alcohol level of 224 milligrams per cent at autopsy, the equivalent of around six pints. He had recently consumed a large volume of chips, the court heard. Coroner Dr Myra Cullinane said this was significant as the cause of the fire was a chip pan left on the hot plate of an electric cooker.

Connors was the only victim to have consumed chips shortly before the fire, the court heard"

But muh, d'Council...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

"Thomas Connors had a blood alcohol level of 224 milligrams per cent at autopsy, the equivalent of around six pints. He had recently consumed a large volume of chips, the court heard. Coroner Dr Myra Cullinane said this was significant as the cause of the fire was a chip pan left on the hot plate of an electric cooker.

Connors was the only victim to have consumed chips shortly before the fire, the court heard"

But muh, d'Council...

How could he be blamed, the oil was to blame, should go after the manufacturer of the oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Nope, . Digging my heels in because you don't get it despite being told repeatedly. ...you are wrong again .
    What I pointed to was the blatant disregard for fifa safety regulation enforcement over a long period of time , due to fear laziness , ignorance , don't know . But the regulations are there and are clear for everyone else. Those caravans/ portacabins had no hope of not being engulfed because they were pushed together on an inadequate site. They should have been 6 metres at least apart. That is why they all went up. I am not excusing the cause of the fire, but how it spread.
    You seem like the sort of person who would shoot yourself in the leg with a gun and then blame someone else for not stopping you from pulling the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

It’s not the only thing that needs to be pushed together.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

How could he be blamed, the oil was to blame, should go after the manufacturer of the oil.

The council should have had a chef on site in case anyone wanted a snack after the feed of beer and drugs. It is a disgraceful sign of the bigotry and racism in Ireland that a chef wasn't present at all times.

The plants the provided the oil have a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    Back on the subject of Ms.Cash it's another day, another dodgy Facebook raffle, she straight away snapped up a €100 ticket for a 1.75% chance of winning a car.. Presumably the car is stolen or something too because otherwise I'm not sure why he's raffling it off on Facebook for half the resale value.

We're overdue a post about her not having enough money left each month for food and clothing for the kids, I'm sure there's one coming soon.

144610dd49f0c9bcbf1eb3c8281f3297.png

You wouldn't get 7 kids in to that, she should enter a raffle for a people carrier instead.

Gravelly wrote: »
    The council should have had a chef on site in case anyone wanted a snack after the feed of beer and drugs. It is a disgraceful sign of the bigotry and racism in Ireland that a chef wasn't present at all times.

In fairness, any put upon ethnic minority with expectations of culturally appropriate accomodation, to include paddocks and stables, should reasonably expect some catering staff to be provided.

In fairness, any put upon ethnic minority with expectations of culturally appropriate accomodation, to include paddocks and stables, should reasonably expect some catering staff to be provided.

Don't forget slave labour..... Sorry I meant a butler and maid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

But muh, d'Council...

I suppose one of the other adults could have put on the chip pan after Thomas Connors used it.It will never be known for definite who actually turned the heat to max setting and left the chip pan on top.

I think its more likely that the person who turned it on fell asleep while waiting for the oil to heat. If someone was sober enough to eat a plate of chips they probably would have turned the oven off.

tretorn wrote: »
    I suppose one of the other adults could have put on the chip pan after Thomas Connors used it.It will never be known for definite who actually turned the heat to max setting and left the chip pan on top.

I think its more likely that the person who turned it on fell asleep while waiting for the oil to heat. If someone was sober enough to eat a plate of chips they probably would have turned the oven off.

Or the most probable.
    Someone pissed made chips, emptied their chips onto plate, left pan back on cooker, went off eat chips and forgot chip pan

True. We'll never know for certain who caused the tragedy. But adults, booze, irresponsible behaviour and kids is a recipe for disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

why do you need to be sober to eat a plate of chips? I can tell you from long experience that sobriety is not a requirement for eating chips. Whoever left the oil on the heat is not particularly relevant. All we know for sure is that it was one of the people present.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Is Mags on Instagram or Snapchat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well ideally the coroner's court want to find out exactly what happened but have been unable to determine who left the pan on.
    All they know for sure is that every one of them was drunk.

tuxy wrote: »
    Well ideally the coroner's court want to find out exactly what happened but have been unable to determine who left the pan on.
    All they know for sure is that every one of them was drunk.

The coroner most likely care who left the pan on. the only care about the cause of death which in this case will be misadventure.

They still attempt to uncover as much detail as possible. Why else would they announce who had consumed chips on that night?

They still attempt to uncover as much detail as possible. Why else would they announce who had consumed chips on that night?

That was just confirmation that a chip pan had been used that night.

Your way over thinking it.

He was the most likely. If he had of had it on and ate it would have been hot when the other person if there was.

Personal responsibility again on this one.

You can't cure stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,527 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Did they confirm that the chips came from the chip pan or from the local Macari's?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

It just doesnt seem fair when we just dont know for certain. I presume he could have eaten chips from anywhere or he may not have actually cooked the chips at all.

Its just as likely that any of the adults could have put the chip pan on and then fell asleep.

It would be really important for the families to know who actually was responsible for the fire, grandchildren lost their lives due to someones carelessness.

I would think most fires caused by chip pans are when someone turns it on and then forgets about it. As I said if you turn it on and cook chips I think its more likely that you would turn it off after emptying the chips out.

Exactly and that's why the inquest would have made an attempt to answer those questions. However it would seem that they were unable to uncover enough evidence to give a verdict on such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Just saw this..

AN INQUEST INTO the 2015 Carrickmines fire has returned verdicts of misadventure in relation to all 10 deaths.

The fire claimed a total of ten victims, five adults and five children including five-month-old baby Mary Connors.

The inquest had heard from Deputy State Pathologist Dr Margaret Bolster who said autopsies revealed all ten victims had fatal levels of carbon monoxide saturation apart from baby Mary.

However, Dr Bolster said infants and the elderly are far more vulnerable to the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The fire took place at the Glenamuck Halting Site on 10 October 2015.

The emergency temporary halting site was established by Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Council in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Martin Collins will be on 6.01 news after the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Just saw this..

AN INQUEST INTO the 2015 Carrickmines fire has returned verdicts of misadventure in relation to all 10 deaths.

The fire claimed a total of ten victims, five adults and five children including five-month-old baby Mary Connors.

The inquest had heard from Deputy State Pathologist Dr Margaret Bolster who said autopsies revealed all ten victims had fatal levels of carbon monoxide saturation apart from baby Mary.

However, Dr Bolster said infants and the elderly are far more vulnerable to the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The fire took place at the Glenamuck Halting Site on 10 October 2015.

The emergency temporary halting site was established by Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Council in 2008.

Pavees Martin Collins due next on 6.01 news to explain the verdict

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

What's to explain? Seems fairly straight forward to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

One of the families bought the caravan/portacabin onto the site, without permission of the council and pushed it up against the other caravan/portacabin.

Its the family that should have left them 6 metres apart, but they didn't. Them and them alone are responsible for the fire.

Really? That's not what the inquest jury thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

How did he twist the verdict to blame the law abiding taxpayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

You couldn't write this crap. Had the council not provided the accommodation on health and safety grounds you'd be on here moralising about that too.

How happy would you be to be housed in a fire trap of a house by the council?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

How did he twist the verdict to blame the law abiding taxpayer?

It was the equivalent of the settled community losing 1500 people in a single accident.
    No discussion on it being caused by various drunks cooking chips at 2 am and falling asleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement